That was not a Win

AUght2win

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I feel like had the play not been whistled down before ball was recovered, Arky is the winner of that game. I technically feel like Arky won. I feel like the refs gave them the game. Since no one actually recovered the "spike" fumble, the couldn't really overturn it. 

They were saying on the radio that at least one of the officials indicated an incomplete pass and that no one actually recovered it.  I wondered if that official whistled the play dead.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Now post the screenshot where the Arkansas player actually picks the ball up.

After the whistle?  He dove and missed the ball and then it was whistled.  

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

i'm not upset with the offensive line this week. Bo Nix played terrible. that's on him.  How many 4 yard screen passes did he miss. that's inexcusable.

Agree Bo did not have a good game. But I saw the same problems with the O line. Hogs front is not that good and they got pressure with 4 or 5 numerous times. Several plays defender got in untouched.

21 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Incorrectly ruled an incompletion.

No argument on that one. But when that was called, the play was over. Not reviewable. One went our way. Too many times they haven't.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

They were saying on the radio that at least one of the officials indicated an incomplete pass and that no one actually recovered it.  

After Nix spiked it the officials blew whistles and called it an incomplete pass. 

22 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

But it wasn’t a dead ball. When Bo dropped the snap it was a fumble, when he spiked it that was another fumble, not grounding. That was a screw up on the refs in the heat of the moment. Glad we got the W but we did not win that game. 

Yes, the refs made a mistake. But no, it WAS a dead ball. It was a dead ball because that was the call. What would you expect them to do in that situation? The call is what it was and there was no way to undo it.

Hey I remember Matt Stinchcomb stammering into his microphone that Auburn "didn't really win" that 10 point victory over Meyers in Gainesville. It worked, media gave Gators the national title anyway that season.

It's all good.

3 minutes ago, AuburnFast said:

Hey I remember Matt Stinchcomb stammering into his microphone that Auburn "didn't really win" that 10 point victory over Meyers in Gainesville. It worked, media gave Gators the national title anyway that season.

It's all good.

2006? That was in Auburn. How did that come up?

On another note, Arkansas should be proud for how they have played this season.  What a turnaround and their HC seems like a stand-up guy. 

14 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

As I understand it, once the refs signaled incomplete pass, the play was over and the ball was dead. Had they not called incomplete pass, it would have been ruled a  fumble on replay and Arkansas would have run the clock out and won. There was no awarding Arkansas the ball because of the incomplete pass call. 

We won but we really didn’t. Gus is still the HC tomorrow morning.

This is the correct analysis I believe.

the refs made a bad call in our favor.

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

They were saying on the radio that at least one of the officials indicated an incomplete pass and that no one actually recovered it.  I wondered if that official whistled the play dead.

To me...they have to let that play out. I mean we have all seen plays whistled dead when it should have ended in a TO for the other team. If they are able to review plays for uncalled targeting,..they should definitely let every play that has any doubt about it play out and make sure. I am glad we got the win on paper...but Arky beat us. Tank knew it should have been a fumble...

30 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Pretty sure they didn't. It was ruled and incompletion. That was the end of the play. You can't recover a dead ball.

True, but it shouldn’t have been. It was a backwards pass after he already F’d up the snap. All on him. Arky won that game. It may count as a W for us, but AGAIN, Gus was out coached and out played. His contract does not reflect this type of play. I saw no emotion on the field, but from Tank. Tank needs a better and deserves a better coach.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

After the whistle?  He dove and missed the ball and then it was whistled.  

Then why are you pointing out we were closer to the ball at one point after the play?

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

On another note, Arkansas should be proud for how they have played this season.  What a turnaround and their HC seems like a stand-up guy. 

Hey..I am putting everybody on notice. Arky has found the right guy to right the ship. They are playing competitive. They got that losing streak monkey off their backs, and they are doing with Franks at QB. Wait until Sam gets a few recruiting classes in. Arky will be back to the Arky of 2000s winning 8-10 games.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Then why are you pointing out we were closer to the ball at one point after the play?

Because we could have recovered the ball if the refs let it play out.  DJ would have dove into the ball with the Arkansas player.  DJ disengaged with the whistle blown.

In the end, this is just what if’s. We may never know.  I am taking the win and hope we can build on it.  

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Because we could have recovered the ball if the refs let it play out.  DJ would have dove into the ball with the Arkansas player.  DJ disengaged with the whistle blown.

In the end, this is just what if’s. We may never know.  I am taking the win and hope we can build on it.  

He disengaged? He dove for the ball and the Arkansas player grabbed it and picked it up.

I will take the win as well, but it has a very sour taste to it.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

He disengaged? He dove for the ball and the Arkansas player grabbed it and picked it up.

He really didn’t dive if you watch it again.  It was really haphazard.  And then you have Jackson and Schwartz coming in as well.  

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

To me...they have to let that play out. I mean we have all seen plays whistled dead when it should have ended in a TO for the other team. If they are able to review plays for uncalled targeting,..they should definitely let every play that has any doubt about it play out and make sure. I am glad we got the win on paper...but Arky beat us. Tank knew it should have been a fumble...

I don't disagree with you, but if the play was blown dead it's dead. 

The refs blew it and we got a break.

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Hey..I am putting everybody on notice. Arky has found the right guy to right the ship. They are playing competitive. They got that losing streak monkey off their backs, and they are doing with Franks at QB. Wait until Sam gets a few recruiting classes in. Arky will be back to the Arky of 2000s winning 8-10 games.

Agree, but one could argue they lost the game when they took Franks out on the goal line.  That's on Briles.

Other than that, they were pretty much having their way with us in the 2nd half in terms of play calling.  And the the "hurry up" on 3rd down was very effective.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Agree, but one could argue they lost the game when they took Franks out on the goal line.  That's on Briles.

Other than that, they were pretty much having their way with us in the 2nd half in terms of play calling.

Speaking of play calling, Gus should be tied to a chair, and required to watch the clinic Kiffin is currently putting on at the moment.

1 minute ago, AU57 said:

Guess the refs got the call right. Rule book says illegal forward pass

That is clear...if the pass was FORWARD. The pass was backwards...making it a lateral. Are you able to find any clarity on that?

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He really didn’t dive if you watch it again.  It was really haphazard.  And then you have Jackson and Schwartz coming in as well.  

You’re right, it probably wasn’t a dive as much as a lunge at the ball. And yes, Jackson and Schwartz were coming in as the Arkansas player was picking the ball up.

21 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Kendal Biles did an excellent job of dissecting our defense after the 1st qtr. Taking out Franks at the our 4 yard line was mystifying (unless Franks was spent), but he adjusted very well to what we were doing defensively. 

Archived