Our Esteemed Senator Elect.

tomcat

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/11/13/tommy-tuberville-branches-of-government-vpx.cnn

This is simply incredible. The ignorance of the Senator elect as well as those voting for this level of awareness is stunning. Consider this...let’s punt on the notion of voter ID. Everyone eligible to vote should pass the same citizenship test immigrants must pass. Apparently candidates as well....

My most controversial opinion is probably that I think we should have civics tests for voting. It’ll never happen because of the outright racist history of them (being once literally used to keep African Americans out of the polls), but a legitimate test of civics/political competence really is necessary to vote informed. 

But to the point of the thread, it’s insane how uniformed he is. I don’t want to hear any more about how competent college coaches are, and how they “aren’t overpaid.”

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

My most controversial opinion is probably that I think we should have civics tests for voting. It’ll never happen because of the outright racist history of them (being once literally used to keep African Americans out of the polls), but a legitimate test of civics/political competence really is necessary to vote informed. 

Well, that was the basis for providing public education - a democracy cannot exist with an uniformed electorate.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well, that was the basis for providing public education - a democracy cannot exist with an uniformed electorate.

Brother, We seem to have failed at this. An UNINformed versus a UNiformed Electorate I guess is what you meant to say?

Hehehe...got an image of folks in shoulder pads and helmets lining up to vote.

I think a basic civics test given to our eligible voters would be quite revealing, and not in a good way.

Maybe civics isn't a priority anymore because  of art, drama, dance, sports, etc. Or because parents don't demand their kids take and understand social studies and civics. But, Tuberville not knowing the three branches of government is a head scratcher.

This probably could be a topic of it's own but thought I would post. I could add my own opinion but possibly there is an agenda for not teaching in depth civics anymore. 

https://www.hoover.org/research/civic-education-crisis

i loved the tub days when i could buy the fingers t shirts. now i think he is a butt nugget. he ran as being a trump butt kisser { this is not smack but true } and nothing else. nothing. and the trumpers paved the way for a complete dummy to get elected. and the dummy part is not smack either for anyone not paying attention either. the downfall of this country will be when folks with an agenda keep voting in people who have no idea how government works. that is pretty sad. and i freely admit i have no idea how to cut costs and still take care of the countries needs.

Archived