Alabama Score Prediction

tbone1430

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I would love to eat crow on this next week, but it's not even going to be close.

Too many issues on OL and DL. We can't stop the run. We can't run it. They'll bring the house on D, and we won't get any pressure on Jones.

Harris will have a field day. North of 200 rushing yards. Jones will have 300+ passing yards. The Freshman QB will be in during the 4th and probably lead a TD drive or two.

Bama 50+

Auburn 13-

Depends on Bo. If he can have a consistent QB play, making good decisions, we will be close in the 4th quarter.

If he plays like he does on the road most of the time, he will struggle, and we will be lucky to get 21 points.

45-20 Bama

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Auburn 37, Bama 36

I hope you're right, but this sounds like all the wishful thinking of the Cleburne County football team in 82-83...just sayin'

bammer -> a lot 

AUburn -> a lot less

Auburn's offense has its best statistical game of the season. It doesn't matter. 49-37 UAT.

Auburn - more

Them - less

War Eagle! Always going to be in my teams corner either big the underdog or the favorite.  War Eagle!!

Not going to concede until the clock strikes zero- hoping for something similar to the Tre Smith game- I went to that game and no one was predicting an AU victory until Tre ran wild-still remember their players complaining after the game that he was so small they couldn’t see him behind the line😂 hoping for Bo’s best game yet!!

7 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Depends on Bo. If he can have a consistent QB play, making good decisions, we will be close in the 4th quarter.

If he plays like he does on the road most of the time, he will struggle, and we will be lucky to get 21 points.

45-20 Bama

It's not going to be close and it isn't going to be on Bo. It'll be the defense getting eviscerated by a ridiculous offense and having no run game to balance out the passing.

So many people here are upset about the offense. I’m more worried about the defense. Bama’s D hasn’t looked good this year, and I think the offense has looked progressively better. I see us scoring a decent amount against them. 
The issue is that our defense has looked bipolar this year. We will occasionally make a big play at a key time, and we’ve caused (it feels like) more turnovers this year. But we also can’t seem to get teams off the field, allowing them to score at the end of long drives. Our offense has looked more lethargic in that stat board at times than it really was because we’ve allowed teams to sustain long drives against us and ended up with limited possessions. (For example, we only punted 2 times last week, and one was when we were trying to kill the clock at the end of the first half.Yet our offensive yardage was pretty low.) 

Where Bama has an advantage is not as much in stopping our offense as much as it is in scoring on our defense. Still, I’ll never pick the Turds against us. I’m going to believe that Steele finds a way to slow them down just enough. A special teams play is a factor in the game.

Buddy the Elf/The Good Guys- 34

The Angry Elf/The Bad Guys-28

Yes. The score was not a coincidence.

If it's played straight up without weird officiating or turnovers and everybody's starters are close to 100% throughout the game, 42-30 Bama.

If we play like we can and Harris has an off day (or Steele has a special packagr deal for him😁) its a toss up in the 28-27 neighborhood. 

If we play like we can AND have a +3 or more in turnovers, we win by 10 or more.

8 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

I would love to eat crow on this next week, but it's not even going to be close.

Too many issues on OL and DL. We can't stop the run. We can't run it. They'll bring the house on D, and we won't get any pressure on Jones.

Harris will have a field day. North of 200 rushing yards. Jones will have 300+ passing yards. The Freshman QB will be in during the 4th and probably lead a TD drive or two.

Bama 50+

Auburn 13-

Agree. Our D is extremely suspect this year. Our O line is not very good and we have a very inconsistent QB. Tank being less than 110% spells doom in the running game as it has been him, NOT the line doing everything. Plus, we just don’t have the total team to beat them in BDS. This is not pessimism, just reality and trust me, I would love nothing more than to look foolish come Saturday evening, but I see it: AL- 53- AU- 22. 

23 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Y'all seem to forget they put 50+ on a GOOD defense in BD two years ago.

This ain't even a decent defense.  63-6, in favor of the inbreds.

This ain’t the Bama defense of old..I can see Auburn getting more than 6. If Auburn can keep it turnover free, talking to you Bo ..then I can see it being closer than the experts think. 

It’s been hard for us to defend against a team with a good running game or a good passing game, bama has both. 

We’ve struggled to score points against some of the worst defenses in the conference. bama has one of the better ones in the SEC.

The last 13 seasons, bama has lost a total of 4 games at home. 

Three of their four home losses in the last 13 seasons:

2010: Auburn with a Heisman trophy winner and national championship 

2012: Texas A&M with a Heisman trophy winner

2019: LSU with a Heisman trophy winner and national championship 

It takes a pretty doggone good team to beat them, especially at home.

I’ll be as happy as anyone if we pull out the win, but this one could get ugly.

Good Guys: 20

turds: 55

On 11/23/2020 at 10:11 PM, CodeRocket said:

Current Rivals recruiting rankings:

Alabama #1

Auburn #38

A (37) position recruiting advantage for Bama for 2021.

Irrelevant I know but what the heck, Turds win Saturday by (37).

Perhaps more relevant:

AU currently has three players on the team with a composite recruiting ranking of 0.97 or higher, one of those being Pappoe who, IMHO, is getting pushed all over the field by OL in his current role.

UA has twenty two players on the team with a composite recruiting ranking of 0.97 or higher.

I love our team, but we are not bringing the same calibre athletes to the game that UA is bringing.

9 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

It’s been hard for us to defend against a team with a good running game or a good passing game, bama has both. 

We’ve struggled to score points against some of the worst defenses in the conference. bama has one of the better ones in the SEC.

The last 13 seasons, bama has lost 2 games at home. TWO. One was by 6 in 2015 where they went on to win the national championship and the other one was by 5 points last year to arguably the best team in college football history.

Unreal. Alabama is going to run for 350+ yards.

2 hours ago, AUinfusion said:

Perhaps more relevant:

AU currently has three players on the team with a composite recruiting ranking of 0.97 or higher, one of those being Pappoe who, IMHO, is getting pushed all over the field by OL in his current role.

UA has twenty two players on the team with a composite recruiting ranking of 0.97 or higher.

I love our team, but we are not bringing the same calibre athletes to the game that UA is bringing.

Question: What was that ratio last year when AU beat bama? How about in 2017? 2010?

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Question: What was that ratio last year when AU beat bama? How about in 2017? 2010?

Alabama had better talent in 10 and 17. The difference in those teams and this one is pretty evident. This OL is not great and not only that, it’s pretty banged up. The defense this year is nowhere near 17 imo. The 10 defense wasn’t legendary but had a very physical DL along with Nick Fairley. 

24 minutes ago, woodford said:

Alabama had better talent in 10 and 17. The difference in those teams and this one is pretty evident. This OL is not great and not only that, it’s pretty banged up. The defense this year is nowhere near 17 imo. The 10 defense wasn’t legendary but had a very physical DL along with Nick Fairley. 

All true. But they still have to play the game. As an AU fan, I say the Tigers pull out all the stops, lay it all on the line and either win or make bama sweat to the very end. 

War Eagle!

13 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

The last 13 seasons, bama has lost 2 games at home. TWO. One was by 6 in 2015 where they went on to win the national championship and the other one was by 5 points last year to arguably the best team in college football history.

I seem to remember another loss they had at home 10 years ago by the score of 28-27.

Archived