Daren Bates on the state of the program/coaching change

Tiger

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

We can argue all day about the language used and everything else in the video but we can't argue how ridiculous we look getting skull drug on the field and acting like we did something great when we make a play after giving up 8 yards.  I have seen it time and time again this year.  Players don't pull that crap in disciplined programs.  You look like a damn fool and you are an embarrassment to your coaches, your teammates, and everyone who has worn the jersey before you.  Darren is correct that it is time for some new faces and time to instill the Auburn blue collar work ethic back into this program.  The way this team is allowed to show their ass on the field this year on the defensive side of the ball reminds me of how players got under CGC before he was fired.   

It disgusts me to watch players celebrate a freaking tackle like it saved the game, and a play later they get trucked or burned for a big play.  Act like you’ve done it before, dammit!

7 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

It disgusts me to watch players celebrate a freaking tackle like it saved the game, and a play later they get trucked or burned for a big play.  Act like you’ve done it before, dammit!

that is what kids do now. but like bates said if it is third and 1 and he runs twenty yards for a first down up the gut and you finally tackle him doing the he man pose is eye rolling...............

On 11/30/2020 at 6:07 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

No doubt.  I don’t understand why folks would listen to what two guys higher than a kite, using vulgar language, bad mouthing players have to say.  Seems like a complete waste of time.   Zero credibility!

Holy logical fallacy batman. 

Imagine thinking that subjective "bad" behavior diminishes an argument solely because it hurts your feelings. 

He is spot on.  Auburn players think that by pretending to be National Champs they are.  Gus goes 9-4 and struts around all off season like he won a Natty because deep down he knows that is as close as he will come.  I had the privilege of talking to one of Tubervilles players December 2016 and he was not impressed with Malzahn or the players either.

Further, I just found my new college football show.

you can say whatever you want about his phrasing, but everything this gentleman said is what gets said here incessantly and has been said since about 2015

if you're hating on Daren...hell you're probably hating on something you yourself said, if you've been here long enough 

21 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

This would be a good Saturday Night Live skit. I know they are being serious but it just comes off so frickin funny. 

Proves you can still be correct and not be professional...like being professional was ever a prerequisite for being correct. 🙄

Archived