Auburn vs Texas A&M Score Prediction

Zeek

7 minutes ago, gc2525 said:

Texas A&M  42  -  Auburn  28

After game CGM will be informed that a meeting will be scheduled with he and the AD to discuss future...

HA! We're not that lucky.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This actually doesn't set up to be a good matchup for us at all. Its going to take a lot of mistakes by Mond, and/or a freakish game by Bo in order for us to win this game. Texas A&M is extremely good at both running the football, and defending the run. Our run defense does not look strong this year and has been exposed in multiple games, and you're asking a team that can't really operate on offense without running the football to do so against a very good run defense with its best RB banged up, AND the OL banged up? 

s*** happens and we seem to have Texas A&M's number, but you really have to be wearing some prescription-grade orange and blue glasses to see any football-related reason to conclude that we're going to win this game. Its not like momentum or "edge" is leaning in our favor either - Texas A&M is playing for an outside shot at the playoffs, and we just came off a game against Alabama wherein our team AND coaches looked like they didn't want to be there.

1 minute ago, metafour said:

This actually doesn't set up to be a good matchup for us at all. Its going to take a lot of mistakes by Mond, and/or a freakish game by Bo in order for us to win this game. Texas A&M is extremely good at both running the football, and defending the run. Our run defense does not look strong this year and has been exposed in multiple games, and you're asking a team that can't really operate on offense without running the football to do so against a very good run defense with its best RB banged up, AND the OL banged up? 

s*** happens and we seem to have Texas A&M's number, but you really have to be wearing some prescription-grade orange and blue glasses to see any football-related reason to conclude that we're going to win this game. Its not like momentum or "edge" is leaning in our favor either - Texas A&M is playing for an outside shot at the playoffs, and we just came off a game against Alabama wherein our team AND coaches looked like they didn't want to be there.

Yeah, the optimism about this game on here is confusing as Tuscaloosa.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, the optimism about this game on here is confusing as Tuscaloosa.

The fact that Mond and A&M looked sloppy vs. LSU last week doesn't even swing the needle in our favor either. If anything, that game probably woke them up and they come in more motivated to redeem themselves against us. We are not a good team at all, and it looks like the wheels are starting to wobble. So whereas A&M is likely to play motivated, there is a very real chance that our team could implode. And none of that factors in the reality that we just aren't that good to begin with. 

We already played a team this season with this combination of run offense + run defense - Georgia. They slapped us silly with a walk-on QB. Its going to take a big collapse by A&M for them to actually lose to us.

44 minutes ago, metafour said:

Texas A&M is extremely good at both running the football

I was shocked when I looked at their passing stats yesterday. They're not a typical Fisher offense and they haven't been winning through the air. 

The only thing really in our favor in this game is that it is at home. Bo Is a completely different quarterback at home. That being said we are not as good as them and our defense is really struggling at stopping anything right now. It will take a monumental effort by us and some turnovers by them to win. 

41 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Who TF cares?

you obviously do or you wouldn't be spewing on this thread.

i expect either close game and gus eeks out this one OR an aggie blowout.  without tank and the (finally) developing OL, i just don't see us scoring many points.  of course, i could be wrong and it certainly wouldn't be the 1st time

my hope AU 27-24, my fear AU loses 31-13

6 hours ago, metafour said:

The fact that Mond and A&M looked sloppy vs. LSU last week doesn't even swing the needle in our favor either. If anything, that game probably woke them up and they come in more motivated to redeem themselves against us. We are not a good team at all, and it looks like the wheels are starting to wobble. So whereas A&M is likely to play motivated, there is a very real chance that our team could implode. And none of that factors in the reality that we just aren't that good to begin with. 

We already played a team this season with this combination of run offense + run defense - Georgia. They slapped us silly with a walk-on QB. Its going to take a big collapse by A&M for them to actually lose to us.

That loss gets more embarrassing as the year progresses.  Thank God JT Daniels wasn't healthy or they would've hung 45+ on us.

6 hours ago, metafour said:

The fact that Mond and A&M looked sloppy vs. LSU last week doesn't even swing the needle in our favor either. If anything, that game probably woke them up and they come in more motivated to redeem themselves against us.

Agree. I mean you would hope that the iron bowl woke us up as well, but who knows.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:35 AM, Zeek said:

AuburnTexasAM.PNG

Auburn vs. #5 Texas A&M

Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL

ESPN 11:00 AM CST

dfsdfs.gif

On 12/1/2020 at 10:16 AM, DAG said:

I actually think we will win this. I have no rhyme or reason why though. On paper and based on results of this season, the game should swing to favor the Aggies. I feel like both of these programs truly mirror each other in how inconsistent we both are.

Malzahn's back firmly against the wall? A big game at home? O we are def winning this. Malzahn does the absolute bare minimum to keep his job and not a single iota more.

4 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

you obviously do or you wouldn't be spewing on this thread.

i expect either close game and gus eeks out this one OR an aggie blowout.  without tank and the (finally) developing OL, i just don't see us scoring many points.  of course, i could be wrong and it certainly wouldn't be the 1st time

my hope AU 27-24, my fear AU loses 31-13

I haven’t spewed a word about the upcoming game, actually, except for ‘Who TF cares.’

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Malzahn's back firmly against the wall? A big game at home? O we are def winning this. Malzahn does the absolute bare minimum to keep his job and not a single iota more.

He may have already filled that quota with LSU, of course.

Gonna let my heart pick this one. 29-27 Good Guys as Mond misses 2-point conversion on last play. Mond reminds of Bo more than any other SEC QB. Can look like an All-American one game and stink it up next game on the road.

I think this may be the game seal Gustav's fate if he loses. If he wins all bets are off. We just are a good team that got lucky quite a few times this year. My heart says 30-28 good guys but my head says 34-27 TAMU. 

Archived