Auburn vs Texas A&M Score Prediction

Zeek

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I was shocked when I looked at their passing stats yesterday. They're not a typical Fisher offense and they haven't been winning through the air. 

Have you seen Kellen Mond play QB at any point over the last three seasons?  There's your explanation of why.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, we'll win this game.  It makes no logical sense from a football perspective, but this has "typical Gus game" written all over it.

- Home game as an underdog

- People furious and calling for his job

Think 2016 LSU or 2018 A&M here.  He'll pull out something from the deepest part of his ass and I'll despise him more for it.

AU - 27

Aggies - 23

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Also, we'll win this game.  It makes no logical sense from a football perspective, but this has "typical Gus game" written all over it.

- Home game as an underdog

- People furious and calling for his job

Think 2016 LSU or 2018 A&M here.  He'll pull out something from the deepest part of his ass and I'll despise him more for it.

AU - 27

Aggies - 23

Were either gonna see the hidden man with Shivers, the wide tackle fake bubble screen, the statue of liberty, throwback screen, HB pass, double reverse, or whirlybird...and just for grins, he's gonna try a fake punt and an onside kick

ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Were either gonna see the hidden man with Shivers, the wide tackle fake bubble screen, the statue of liberty, throwback screen, HB pass, double reverse, or whirlybird...and just for grins, he's gonna try a fake punt and an onside kick

ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!

Either? Or? Gus is really growing into this job on the accelerated track. #experience 

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!

or he's going to kick a 50+ yard field goal down 22 with 6 minutes left in the third quarter!

17 minutes ago, woodford said:

or he's going to kick a 50+ yard field goal down 22 with 6 minutes left in the third quarter!

funny-true.gif

On 12/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, metafour said:

The fact that Mond and A&M looked sloppy vs. LSU last week doesn't even swing the needle in our favor either. If anything, that game probably woke them up and they come in more motivated to redeem themselves against us. We are not a good team at all, and it looks like the wheels are starting to wobble. So whereas A&M is likely to play motivated, there is a very real chance that our team could implode. And none of that factors in the reality that we just aren't that good to begin with. 

We already played a team this season with this combination of run offense + run defense - Georgia. They slapped us silly with a walk-on QB. Its going to take a big collapse by A&M for them to actually lose to us.

I agree. They played in crappy weather and Mond is in his 8th year as a QB. I just don’t think the players are con board with the direction of the team anymore. I’m not saying they have quit, but frustration can and generally does ruin teams. The o line has still not gelled and I believe most of that is due to injury, lack of depth and lack of SEC caliber talent. Tank is banged up and he has done it all on his own all year anyway, but that was at full speed. Being at home certainly won’t hurt, but I just think they are far more talented on both lines than us. I’ll make a prediction later, but I really don’t feel good about this game or the MSU game. 

On 12/2/2020 at 3:26 PM, gr82b4au said:

The only thing really in our favor in this game is that it is at home. Bo Is a completely different quarterback at home. That being said we are not as good as them and our defense is really struggling at stopping anything right now. It will take a monumental effort by us and some turnovers by them to win. 

That’s true about Bo, but even good QBs begin to excel on the road and he just hasn’t shown that many signs of improvement in my opinion. He still looks lost quite often and while his line is really bad, that is also a sign of a QB not being very good at recognizing certain defensive schemes. That is a problem. 

22 hours ago, AUwent said:

He may have already filled that quota with LSU, of course.

After what, 7 or 8 years, he filled that quota in year 2013 with two blind luck games back to back. He deserved zero credit for those wins against Bama and GA. 

I've felt apathetic lately but I really don't want to lose to Texas A&M. Screw Jimbo. My prayers to the football gods have been sent that we get bad Kellen Mond and not 350 yards 4 touchdowns Kellen Mond. Finishing the year with two wins would go a long way in helping this anemic recruiting class.

We have Gus next year no matter what imo so might as well go out knocking Texas A&M out of playoff range and reminding Mississippi State who their daddy is.

If someone wanted to go to the game how would one go about getting some tickets?  I’ve seen people that are t students at games so I know it can be done.

edit to add I’m not looking to spend $150 on upper deck tickets like stubhub is offering.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I've felt apathetic lately but I really don't want to lose to Texas A&M. Screw Jimbo. My prayers to the football gods have been sent that we get bad Kellen Mond and not 350 yards 4 touchdowns Kellen Mond. Finishing the year with two wins would go a long way in helping this anemic recruiting class.

We have Gus next year no matter what imo so might as well go out knocking Texas A&M out of playoff range and reminding Mississippi State who their daddy is.

I wouldn't be so sure about that "next year". The water in the pan is already hot, hot , hot. A loss to A&M and the burner is turned up and the water begins to boil. And a loss to Moo State is not out of the realm of possibility by a Gus coached Tiger team, especially if the Moo's play the way they have the last 2 weeks. When the water starts to boil it begins to evaporate very quickly.(And there is not a lot of water in the pan right now).

6 minutes ago, cctiger said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that "next year". The water in the pan is already hot, hot , hot. A loss to A&M and the burner is turned up and the water begins to boil. And a loss to Moo State is not out of the realm of possibility by a Gus coached Tiger team, especially if the Moo's play the way they have the last 2 weeks. When the water starts to boil it begins to evaporate very quickly.(And there is not a lot of water in the pan right now).

I'm too tired of convincing myself this will happen. He'll be back man it's easier to expect that and if I'm wrong cool it will be a pleasant surprise.

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm too tired of convincing myself this will happen. He'll be back man it's easier to expect that and if I'm wrong cool it will be a pleasant surprise.

I hear you and understand completely Zeek. Let's hope that there is a "pleasant surprise" on the horizon.

I know the game has started but after finally allowing a team more than 30 last week, I don’t have a good feeling about the D. As usual, I expect the O to be its regular train wreck. A&M- 37. AU- 22. 

Archived