* Official Auburn vs. Mississippi State Game Thread *

Zeek

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will not be happy we won if this was really the difference in keeping him and him getting fired.

At this point, there is no reason for me to believe it won't be another 4 loss year 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will not be happy we won if this was really the difference in keeping him and him getting fired.

It’s gonna be.    If what he said about the team not sure if they were going to sit out the season is true, I’m sure that was discussed with the AD and is going to be his out to return.  

Just now, aubaseball said:

It’s gonna be.    If what he said about the team not sure if they were going to sit out the season is true, I’m sure that was discussed with the AD and is going to be his out to return.  

Why would that make ANY difference? I mean seriously....

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Destroyed by Georgia, Alabama, lost to will muschamp who got fired, lost to Texas a&m but oh man Mississippi state was the difference 

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

They can have fun with a record low amount of viewers

That was one of the worst football games I have ever seen. Equals 3-2. 
He should be fired for playcalling, lack of running tank earlier.  He should be fired for not playing tank earlier in the season. He should start over Shrivers every game. It is ridiculous.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Like I said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. No reason to believe it won't be 4 losses next year if he stays 

Just now, caleb1633 said:

The thing about that is that it doesn’t matter if we boycott if Covid has the stadium empty anyway.

4 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

At this point, there is no reason for me to believe it won't be another 4 loss year 

It is football purgatory. Gus has taught me I much rather have a coach that bottoms out than this mediocre bull****. It is THE WORST. At least when a coach crash and burns everyone gets on the same page and fires him ASAP like 98 and 2012. But this crap? It just divides the whole fan base.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is football purgatory. Gus has taught me I much rather have a coach that bottoms out than this mediocre bull****. It is THE WORST. At least when a coach crash and burns everyone gets on the same page and fires him ASAP like 98 and 2012. But this crap? It just divides the whole fan base.

They expect us to be arkansas 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why would that make ANY difference? I mean seriously....

Because I don’t believe that “they” will fire a coach that has a winning record in a year that “according to him has a team that wasn’t sure it even wanted to play”.   

Believe me, I’m not happy with it either, I just don’t think it’s going to happen 

Amazing that the team considering not playing the season was never mentioned, even in passing, before the last quarter of the last game of the season 🤔. Gus coming up with some bulls*** to throw out to make it look worse to let him go; no way that was really the case. Self-serving, booger picking, beta turd to the core. I will renounce Auburn football for life if we don’t fire his sorry a** this week

48 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Gus will coach through 2021. 

I know you would love that but most hope that won’t be the case. 

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

The players deserve better, the assistant coaches deserve better, the fans deserve better, even the recruits deserve better.

Gus just getting giggy with it as Auburn now owns the Egg Bowl, right? 

S A. I have been wrong before and will be again. Just AU being AU. 

sorry for grifting on this topic but I can't post a topic of my own so...

AUBURN CAREER AND SEASON STATS UPDATE - REGULAR SEASON END 2020

CAREER CHARTS:

* Bo Nix entered the top 10 in career passing yards this season, passing Nick Marshall to move into 9th all-time.  Nix is now 8th all-time in both attempts and completions, passing Reggie Slack, and his dad, Patrick Nix in both categories. Nix is 7th in total offense, having passed Slack, P Nix and Marshall in that category as well.

* Anthony Schwartz is now tied with Darvin Adams for 10th all-time in receptions, having surpassed all of the following this season: Clifton Robinson, Quan Bray, Thomas Bailey, Lawyer Tillman, Ben Obomanu, Mario Fannin, Ricardo Louis, Freddie Weygand, Greg Taylor and Rod Smith. Schwartz is 17th in receiving yardage, passing Devin Aromashodu, Louis and Freddie Hyatt.

* Seth Williams is now 8th all-time in receptions passing all the aforementioned, in addition to Emory Blake. Williams is now 5th all-time in receiving yardage, having passed Aromashodu, Louis, Hyatt, Ronnie Daniels, Ryan Davis, Byron Franklin, R Smith, Darius Slayton, Sammie Coates, Tillman, Weygand, Adams, Frank Sanders and Blake. WIlliams is tied with Karsten Bailey and Adams for 3rd in receiving touchdowns.

* Eli Stove is now 7th all-time in receptions.

* Anders Carlson is now 5th all-time in scoring, passing Win Lyle, Al Del Greco, Cody Parkey, Damon Duval and Bo Jackson. Carlson is tied with John Vaughn for 3rd in FGs made and is 6th in PATs made.

Other notable career stats:

* Seth WIlliams reached 2000 career receiving and all-purpose yards

* Eli Stove, Anthony Schwartz, Tank Bigsby and Shaun Shivers all surpassed 1,000 career all-purpose yards

* Jamien Sherwood surpassed 200 career tackles, while Zakoby McClain, Owen Pappoe and KJ Britt all surpassed 100.

* Stove, Williams and Schwartz all reached 100 career receptions. Schwartz and Stove both reached 1,000 receiving yards.

SEASON CHARTS:

* Anthony Schwartz has tied Courtney Taylor (05-06) for 9th in receptions in a season, passing Karsten Bailey (96-97)

* Anders Carlson has tied Jim Von Wyl (89-90) and Wes Byrum (06-07 and 09-10) for 7th in FGs made in a season.

* Tank Bigsby surpassed 1,000 all-purpose yards

* Zakoby McClain passed 100 tackles

if and when Auburn plays a bowl game, I will update again afterwards.  War Eagle!

Archived