Explain the Mario Cristobal Facisnation

shabby

I just don't get it. His record with FIU was pretty terrible hos tenure at Oregon leaves me feeling like he is Gus 2.0.  Seriously he has one 10 and 2 season in the PAC 12. Seems pretty 8 and 4ish in the SEC. 

WHY do people think he will be a great coach here?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, shabby said:

I just don't get it. His record with FIU was pretty terrible hos tenure at Oregon leaves me feeling like he is Gus 2.0.  Seriously he has one 10 and 2 season in the PAC 12. Seems pretty 8 and 4ish in the SEC. 

I agree .....

Just now, shabby said:

Go read all the coaching thread. It has been explained extensively tbh.

5 minutes ago, shabby said:

I see both sides to it. He is the anti-Gus as far as personality. Would improve our offensive line tremendously and is a good recruiter. 

Who knows if he's the answer, but I get the fascination as well as the skepticism. 

He's a proven recruiter. But I have friends who are fans of PAC-12 teams, and they have questions about his on the field coaching. Playing inferior teams closer than he ought to, despite having the most talent in the conference, etc.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

He's a proven recruiter. But I have friends who are fans of PAC-12 teams, and they have questions about his on the field coaching. Playing inferior teams closer than he ought to, despite having the most talent in the conference, etc.

Gus brought in consistent top recruiting classes too. It seems if you are going to replace Gus with someone the argument has to be more than he is a good recruiter

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

No offense but what's wrong with a thread to discuss one coach. It would take hours to locate among 75 page threads. Information is all over the place. At least people can come here to 9ne thread to discuss someone that is a likely top 3 contender to be a new coach. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

But he is not proven. Another Bama assistant Saban gets to wax each year. And the last guy who left Oregon for greener southern grass failed miserably. And some of the same reasons FSU wanted and was excited about Taggs is the reason some here Aubun wants Cristobal. Go get someone who has beat him, from a program that beat him. Give me Venables or Tony Elliott. 

Just now, shabby said:

No offense but what's wrong with a thread to discuss one coach. It would take hours to locate among 75 page threads. Information is all over the place. At least people can come here to 9ne thread to discuss someone that is a likely top 3 contender to be a new coach. 

Because it has been expressed on several threads merged together . Why not just search for it on the forum? Legit type in Mario cristobal and you would find your answer easily. 

4 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

But he is not proven. Another Bama assistant Saban gets to wax each year. And the last guy who left Oregon for greener southern grass failed miserably. And some of the same reasons FSU wanted and was excited about Taggs is the reason some here Aubun wants Cristobal. Go get someone who has beat him, from a program that beat him. Give me Venables or Tony Elliott. 

I never said he was. I am just saying  this topic has been breached extensively the last two weeks. I am one who have pointed major flaws that concern me, while also acknowledging the pros 

Just now, DAG said:

Because it has been expressed on several threads merged together . Why not just search for it on the forum? Legit type in Mario cristobal and you would find your answer easily. 

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've never been able to find what I'm looking for using the search function on this site. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've never been able to find what I'm looking for using the search function on this site. 

Really? That is like my go to when I don’t want to read a bunch of nonsense 

18 minutes ago, shabby said:

Championship pedigree as a player at Miami, won more at FIU than others could with no resources , years of tutelage under Saban, exceptional recruiter with ties all over the nation, and success at Oregon. Throw in a command presence and he has the makings of an executive who will be a strong leader for running all facets of a program. Will he be a great coach at AU if chosen? Don’t know, but the resume is there. 

27 minutes ago, shabby said:

Others have explained the interest in him better than I could and he’s at the top of my list. Just out of curiosity, who do you have at the top of your wishlist and why?

Let’s just say it is Mario. Who do y’all think he retains? And who do you think he hires as OC/DC? 

I’d be sure to retain Caddy and leave all the rest up in the air. Could make arguments for a few. 

For OC, I’m not sure who I’d go after. Jeff Lebo at Ole Miss would be one name. Throw in some other possible candidates. 

As for DC, I’d call Muschamp, Mason, and Travaris Robinson for sure. 

1 minute ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Let’s just say it is Mario. Who do y’all think he retains? And who do you think he hires as OC/DC? 

I’d be sure to retain Caddy and leave all the rest up in the air. Could make arguments for a few. 

For OC, I’m not sure who I’d go after. Jeff Lebo at Ole Miss would be one name. Throw in some other possible candidates. 

Derek Mason! DC! Need him 

I think he is an elite recruiter. I am worried about his coaching and the fact that he loses games he should win although he did win the pac whatever and the rose bowl. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I don't know how much USCe defense you saw this year, but Boom and Robinson didn't do well. 

Archived