Please God no Clark !

eagle12

• eagle12 changed the title to Please God no Clark !

my love for auburn will never falter. i will give clark a pass and hope for the best. he is a winner everywhere he has been and to pull uab up from the ashes after they shut the program down is no light feat..............

It doesn’t matter who the coach is now. Whoever it is will be a puppet and they will sing whatever song they are told to sing. How can someone like that lead a successful football program. How can a man like that be a leader of young men? They can’t be that’s how. AU is now a second rate football program. We just didn’t know it yet. But over these next few seasons that will be very apparent

Thanks to our resident control freaks, it's looking like we'll end up with a hire that Troy would be disappointed with. Those who griped about having a high school coach, you've got one who has never coached a single day at any position in P-5 football. Clark's background makes Gus look like he was an experienced major conference head coach when AU hired him.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Thanks to our resident control freaks, it's looking like we'll end up with a hire that Troy would be disappointed with. Those who griped about having a high school coach, you've got one who has never coached a single day at any position in P-5 football. Clark's background makes Gus look like he was an experienced major conference head coach when AU hired him.

image.gif

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

It doesn’t matter who the coach is now. Whoever it is will be a puppet and they will sing whatever song they are told to sing. How can someone like that lead a successful football program. How can a man like that be a leader of young men? They can’t be that’s how. AU is now a second rate football program. We just didn’t know it yet. But over these next few seasons that will be very apparent

It mostly doesn't matter because I no longer care.  If hiring Bill Clark and keeping Kevin Steele is the best Auburn can do, our tradition as a serious football program is over.   Both MS schools are more serious about football than we are.   😡

Just now, AURealist said:

It mostly doesn't matter because I no longer care.  If hiring Bill Clark and keeping Kevin Steele is the best Auburn can do, our tradition as a serious football program is over.   Both MS schools are more serious about football than we are.   😡

So is Vandy. 

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

I live over here close to the state line and My little fat buddy lives in Columbus, and you are right, there is enthusiasm about the two programs. We will be their homecoming opponent in a couple of years

Y’all gone have to realize we could hire Urban Meyer and he wouldn’t make a difference either. No coach can be successful when you’re working with the boosters we’ve got. 

36 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Y’all gone have to realize we could hire Urban Meyer and he wouldn’t make a difference either. No coach can be successful when you’re working with the boosters we’ve got. 

Saying it for years....Tubby was when I knew that Auburn would never hire a bona fide HC.    

Damn! Lotta hate here for Bill Clark. I get it...your favorite candidate was screwed over by the dysfunctional PTB. Your candidate and the 15 others someone on this board wants. Clark is not my first choice, but neither are many others trotted out by various posters. If Clark does not have free reign to select assistants I hope he turns the job down.

There is significant minimizing of Clark’s abilities on this board. The man has been successful on every level he has coached. He has demonstrated supreme loyalty and perseverance with the President of UAB s’canning the program and then resurrecting it. Has participated in the last three conference championship games and won two. The dude is very good. In fact, he may be the best qualified to deal with Auburn’s meddling culture.

So ease up...stop the disparaging. The Auburn man myth is BS. The Auburn Creed is not

3 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Then leave. 

No. You want a circle-jerk and I'm not going to give it to you. 

Archived