Freeze Warning

RunInRed

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

21 infractions at Ole Miss.  Not eligible to return to this conference.  

So you’re saying hell would have to Freeze over?! 

726956A2-DE3F-4663-8A67-EF01575693AE.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, gr82be said:

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/2020/12/22/auburn-coaching-search-hugh-freeze-contacted/

Per Brandon Marcello of 247Sports, Liberty head coach Hugh Freeze has been contacted by the Tigers regarding the vacant head coaching position.

BM has the knowledge of a kumquat 

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

First off, Freeze wasn't contacted for the first time today/yesterday/whatever ... the beat writers are all being led around by the same person (by and large).  Also keep in mind, they have paid audiences that they have to feed something ... anything ... multiple times per day, in situations like these.

Here are the facts:

• Freeze was Rane's first choice but Gogue gave it an immediate turndown 
  • My source says Gogue's position hasn't changed

There does appear to be some significant movement however in the past 24 hours, I hope to have something soon.  The winds are blowing ...

So we’re going away from Mario and towards Freeze?

50 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Whatever is going on with Freeze and the SEC, this thread indicates we’re not going after Freeze.

247 Brandon Marcelo reports that we contacted him today about the job.  Some on here believe he is lying but I don’t think any of us know for sure that we are or are not interested in him.

"Freeze was Rane's first choice but Gogue gave it an immediate turndown" @RunInRed

So Cristobal wasn't the plan initially contrary to the deal being "verbally agreed to"? Or is this just one of the factions involved?

Who was AGs first choice? Do you know?

Just now, dilligas said:

247 Brandon Marcelo reports that we contacted him today about the job.  Some on here believe he is lying but I don’t think any of us know for sure that we are or are not interested in him.

Check out RIR’s update. it may be promising 

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"Freeze was Rane's first choice but Gogue gave it an immediate turndown" @RunInRed

So Cristobal wasn't the plan initially contrary to the deal being "verbally agreed to"? Or is this just one of the factions involved?

So if Greene and the search team contacted Freeze and are interested they’ll need Gogue’s approval to move ahead.

So we've got nothing so far on our search and we're looking at a very long shot for plan H. 

If we're going to rehab, call Briles or dammit, butch up and call Kiffin. 

Kiffin is our destiny.  We all know it.  Search your feelings.  

searchyourfeelings.gif

12 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

As far as I know, ADAG has always been high on MC. But remember, he wasn’t the one who fired Malzahn.  At best he was told about the formality he had to execute after the fact.  The recommendation from the PTB was to fire CGM and replace him with Steele.  When that plot started to play out in public, a search committee was formed and JR’s first choice became Freeze. Gogue said hell no. 

17 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

First off, Freeze wasn't contacted for the first time today/yesterday/whatever ... the beat writers are all being led around by the same person (by and large).  Also keep in mind, they have paid audiences that they have to feed something ... anything ... multiple times per day, in situations like these.

Here are the facts:

• Freeze was Rane's first choice but Gogue gave it an immediate turndown 
  • My source says Gogue's position hasn't changed

There does appear to be some significant movement however in the past 24 hours, I hope to have something soon.  The winds are blowing ...

Thanks for clarifying this.  Makes sense, so we’ll see how this all shakes out.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

So we've got nothing so far on our search and we're looking at a very long shot for plan H. 

If we're going to rehab, call Briles or dammit, butch up and call Kiffin. 

Kiffin is our destiny.  We all know it.  Search your feelings.  

searchyourfeelings.gif

The entertainment value alone would be worth it..plus he’d wind up little Nicky and the bammers 

7 minutes ago, dilligas said:

So if Greene and the search team contacted Freeze and are interested they’ll need Gogue’s approval to move ahead.

Gogue is going to have to sign off on any one.

7 minutes ago, dilligas said:

The AU Coaching Search Approval Process:

Data Engineering & Decision Intelligence – Datamize

You're getting Travis Williams or Neal Brown. You're not getting Freeze, you're not getting Bill Clark, Bill Napier, Bill Woodall or Bill Clinton.

Might end up with Kevin Steele. But it'll be a lot closer to Kevin Steele than Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Cristobal, Sark or Kiffin.

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

Lol, AU leadership won’t give Napier the program, but will give it to Freeze and his show cause. I’m about done with AU.

Difference is if Freeze takes on a couple coaches they want kept would be my guess. 

Just now, TigerTaz said:

Difference is if Freeze takes on a couple coaches they want kept would be my guess. 

Yep . I imagine freeze would be willing to keep the defensive staff intact 

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Gogue is going to have to sign off on any one.

You mentioned winds are blowing.  In a positive or negative direction?

I am a sports reporter, for 24 years. Been in Alabama, Mississippi and Texas. I'm telling you what I'm hearing. Not trolling. I hope you end up with someone decent. But incompetence behind the scenes is bad right now. Your AD is doing all he can. He's swimming upstream against some powerful people.

1 minute ago, TigerTaz said:
3 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Agree. And it’s amazing how they’re bending the rules jus to keep Steele so they can walk around the sidelines acting like Arthur Blank or football owners. 

Just now, Mitchie said:

I am a sports reporter, for 24 years. Been in Alabama, Mississippi and Texas. I'm telling you what I'm hearing. Not trolling. I hope you end up with someone decent. But incompetence behind the scenes is bad right now. Your AD is doing all he can. He's swimming upstream against some powerful people.

(We know)

Archived