Freeze Warning

RunInRed

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

21 infractions at Ole Miss.  Not eligible to return to this conference.  

So what you're saying is....

...he's been frozen out.

Yeahhhhh - csi miami yeah | Meme Generator

I'll show myself out.

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

So what you're saying is....

...he's been frozen out.

Yeahhhhh - csi miami yeah | Meme Generator

I'll show myself out.

Straight zinger .... pun intended 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/liberty-coach-hugh-freeze-vetted-as-coaching-candidate-for-return-to-sec-if-opportunity-permits/

Hugh Freeze's viability as a coaching candidate to fill an SEC vacancy was vetted with the conference by South Carolina before the program ultimately hired Shane Beamer, two sources close to the situation tell CBS Sports. It is believed that Freeze would pass scrutiny by SEC commissioner Greg Sankey, who must evaluate and approve of his hiring if he returns to the league.

If you guys would like, since you all say he has too much "baggage", I will volunteer to carry his "baggage" for him.

Just now, Crouching Tiger said:

If you guys would like, since you all say he has too much "baggage", I will volunteer to carry his "baggage" for him.

Dude. Family site.

j/k

Good riddance. Second chances are all about at least APPEARING to have learned your lesson. Virtually every time Freeze talks about these SMU/UF/Bama-level infractions, he infers he was a fall guy, although he clearly directed or knew about most of them. That's a monster difference berween Freeze and Pearl - current accountability. 

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Good riddance. Second chances are all about at least APPEARING to have learned your lesson. Virtually every time Freeze talks about these SMU/UF/Bama-level infractions, he infers he was a fall guy, although he clearly directed or knew about most of them. That's a monster difference berween Freeze and Pearl - current accountability. 

Freeze was pretty different than Pearl.  One guy had a bbq and lied to the NCAA the other was buying the hell out of players.  Everyone cheats, Freeze just went overboard.  I'm not too high on HF, but what else is left

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Whatever is going on with Freeze and the SEC, this thread indicates we’re not going after Freeze.

Differing opinions around other boards right now.  I don't think the OP is accurate that Freeze is blocked from join the SEC.  There have been a handful of articles over the last month regarding he'd no loner be blocked.  

I mean, if we really have reached out to him today then obviously he’s gonna be allowed to come back to the league. Greene would not reach out to him otherwise, that’s common sense. Now that’s only applicable IF we really have reached out to him. 

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Differing opinions around other boards right now.  I don't think the OP is accurate that Freeze is blocked from join the SEC.  There have been a handful of articles over the last month regarding he'd no loner be blocked.  

You may be correct about Freeze/SEC and other sources.

The reason the OP was posted was to indicate,IMO, that Freeze won’t be the guy. 

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

You may be correct about Freeze/SEC and other sources.

The reason the OP was posted was to indicate,IMO, that Freeze won’t be the guy. 

People aren't infallible, including the OP I'm sure.  Vent is pretty sure he'll be hired this weekend.  They could be wrong too. 

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/2020/12/22/auburn-coaching-search-hugh-freeze-contacted/

Per Brandon Marcello of 247Sports, Liberty head coach Hugh Freeze has been contacted by the Tigers regarding the vacant head coaching position.

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

People aren't infallible, including the OP I'm sure.  Vent is pretty sure he'll be hired this weekend.  They could be wrong too. 

I’d love Freeze personally .. I hope it happens 👍

First off, Freeze wasn't contacted for the first time today/yesterday/whatever ... the beat writers are all being led around by the same person (by and large).  Also keep in mind, they have paid audiences that they have to feed something ... anything ... multiple times per day, in situations like these.

Here are the facts:

• Freeze was Rane's first choice but Gogue gave it an immediate turndown 
  • My source says Gogue's position hasn't changed

There does appear to be some significant movement however in the past 24 hours, I hope to have something soon.  The winds are blowing ...

• RunInRed changed the title to Freeze Warning
Just now, RunInRed said:

First off, Freeze wasn't contacted for the first time today/yesterday/whatever ... the beat writers are all being led around by the same person (by and large).  Also keep in mind, they have paid audiences that they have to feed something ... anything ... multiple times per day, in situations like these.

Here are the facts:

• Freeze was Rane's first choice but Gogue gave it an immediate turndown 
  • My source says Gogue's position hasn't changed

There does appear to be some significant movement however in the past 24 hours, I hope to have something soon.  The winds are blowing ...

Okay well that’s completely different than not being eligible to return to this conference. Seems desperate though 

Archived