Freeze Warning

RunInRed

I'm not a betting man. If I were, I would bet money that Auburn winds up with a respectable coach, in spite of my first post kind of pulling your chains. If Greene gets his way, I sincerely believe you will end up with Napier, perhaps Freeze. 

Freeze is looked at by many as having changed since his time at Ole Miss. But I don't need to tell anyone here he is an outstanding recruiter. Remember: Saban stood up for him in 2018 and was planning on bringing him on board in an advisory role before the SEC nixed it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

I am a sports reporter, for 24 years. Been in Alabama, Mississippi and Texas. I'm telling you what I'm hearing. Not trolling. I hope you end up with someone decent. But incompetence behind the scenes is bad right now. Your AD is doing all he can. He's swimming upstream against some powerful people.

We are familiar. 

3 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Thamel tweeting Bryan Harsin. Any legs or Thamel being Thamel?

He’d be excellent but I don’t trust Thamel. 

12 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

I'm a sports editor and a freelance writer in Texas.

Where at?

There are a lot of "Texas" Tigers here.

12 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Thamel tweeting Bryan Harsin. Any legs or Thamel being Thamel?

8 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

He’d be excellent but I don’t trust Thamel. 

He's a great coach. I didn't think he would leave his alma mater.

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

There does appear to be some significant movement however in the past 24 hours, I hope to have something soon.  The winds are blowing ...

Working to confirm Harsin reports ... 

31 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

Don't discount the role your program plays in the league. You are definitely one of the top five programs in the SEC every year, no matter what anyone else tells you.

Beginning to think you are ok

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Also why Elliot and Vennables were told not to interview

Who told these two not to interview? 

When I heard Harsin I didn't give it much credence. It seemed so far off the radar screen, I couldn't imagine him wanting to jump into that high-pressure job.

Apparently I was wrong.

54 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I have to think, between the initial BOT BS and Steele still potentially being forced, AG never had a chance at convincing Hugh. At least he tried 

Out of respect for Gus, and the situation that transpired (if true), that alone was probably enough for Freeze to say "thanks, but no thanks."

Archived