Freeze Warning

RunInRed

1 minute ago, Mitchie said:

I am a sports reporter, for 24 years. Been in Alabama, Mississippi and Texas. I'm telling you what I'm hearing. Not trolling. I hope you end up with someone decent. But incompetence behind the scenes is bad right now. Your AD is doing all he can. He's swimming upstream against some powerful people.

We all know this already 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mitchie said:

Your AD is doing all he can. He's swimming upstream against some powerful people

I 100% believe this. Rane, Harbert, Gaines all trying to act like Jerry Jones is what it sounds like. 

You guys have some knowledgeable people here on this board. I hate the phrase "powers that be," but it's appropriate. It's why Sarkisian didn't interview and, as several posters have confirmed, it also cost you Napier, who was ready to accept the job.

2 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

You guys have some knowledgeable people here on this board. I hate the phrase "powers that be," but it's appropriate. It's why Sarkisian didn't interview and, as several posters have confirmed, it also cost you Napier, who was ready to accept the job.

Also why Elliot and Vennables were told not to interview

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You mentioned winds are blowing.  In a positive or negative direction?

I just hope they are blowing toward Kiffin.  He’s the best we can get.  If he can take the talent at Ole Miss and put that many points on Bammer and LSU (in a driving rainstorm) just imagine what he could do with Auburn talent.  Plus we already have the talent on defense to make a whole lot more stops.

The AD is trying to salvage both face and the coaching search and is absolutely not talking to the media (take it from one whose livelihood depends on it). Cristobal is out. He's committed to staying at Oregon. Napier is not completely out but the "right" people would have to pretty much put in writing that they will stay out of his way. 

It looks like the AD might end up persuading Napier to come back to the table. I hope you guys succeed and don't end up with the other dark horse candidate.

I am hearing it is Art Briles.

The AD is trying to salvage both face and the coaching search and is absolutely not talking to the media (take it from one whose livelihood depends on it). Cristobal is out. He's committed to staying at Oregon. Napier is not completely out but the "right" people would have to pretty much put in writing that they will stay out of his way. 

It looks like the AD might end up persuading Napier to come back to the table. I hope you guys succeed and don't end up with the other dark horse candidate.

I am hearing it is Art Briles.

Art Briles? Yeah no way. Freeze is one thing but I can’t think a single school will touch Briles in this climate 

Actually, I suppose Briles would not be bad at all IF you could weather the horrendous PR storm that would come with it. I covered him during his time at Waco and he was the fall guy for some awful things.

his time at Waco and he was the fall guy for some awful things.

Tried telling a lot of people the same thing, but minds were already corrupted

Just now, DAG said:

Art Briles? Yeah no way. Freeze is one thing but I can’t think a single school will touch Briles in this climate 

It's possible Briles may be in the mix as an offensive coordinator to rehab his image somewhat. But Briles is a candidate for a few jobs. Face facts on Freeze, though: Tennessee is his dream job. If Pruitt is dismissed, he would love to be in Knoxville. He is waiting on Pruitt's fate. That's probably part of what is holding up your search. Your board and Greene are attempting to feel out the SEC for hiring Freeze. Everything points to UT keeping Pruitt. In that case, if Pruitt is safe, Freeze could be an outside shot for the Auburn job. 

I said "no Freeze" because I do believe Pruitt isn't long for Tennessee. The "recruiting violations" seem to be created to dismiss him and allow Fulmer to save face.

No dog in this hunt. I've been visiting this board for quite some time, and it's a good gauge on what AU fans are thinking. I figured you'd like a little more inside information, although it's really not a lot more than your insiders here are saying. They're basically on the right track. The Briles factor hasn't been talked about much here. Don't rule out how big Pruitt-UT is on the Freeze side, though.

5 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

it also cost you Napier, who was ready to accept the job

This one ticked me off most. I just moved away from Lafayette, LA. Napier is legit. 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Freeze would be great 

From what we are hearing, it's not impossible, just tied to Pruitt's fate. But behind the scenes, it seems Pruitt is going, quickly. The fans on UT message boards are aware of Freeze's desire for the UT job, so you can bet the administration is, as well.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

This one ticked me off most. I just moved away from Lafayette, LA. Napier is legit. 

Napier is the candidate on which Greene seems to have turned his focus. The outside factors are Freeze and Pruitt. There are still some heavy hitters that haven't given up on Steele. That's not likely after the massive PR problem the leak created. But it's possible if they keep hearing "no's."

3 minutes ago, Mitchie said:

Napier is the candidate on which Greene seems to have turned his focus. The outside factors are Freeze and Pruitt. There are still some heavy hitters that haven't given up on Steele. That's not likely after the massive PR problem the leak created. But it's possible if they keep hearing "no's."

Thanks for the insight. Where are you currently sportscasting from?

I'm gone one day and y'all let Freeze sneak in the house? Get the rat trap and get him out.

It's ******* simple guys. Give Napier autonomy and bring him here. That or go pay Cristobal and give him autonomy to come here.

Quit this dumb s***

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Differing opinions around other boards right now.  I don't think the OP is accurate that Freeze is blocked from join the SEC.  There have been a handful of articles over the last month regarding he'd no loner be blocked.  

It doesn't appear to be accurate based on what others are saying. But that's nothing new here lately.

The NCAA is dunking on half the SEC right now, the SEC clearly doesn't give a damn about protecting anyone other than Georgia and Bama, IDK why the hell we're worrying about what they have to recommend (other than to protect Bruce) 

and the NCAA also intends on screwing over Bruce as much as possible. **** them and the SEC, hire Freeze and let them figure how to present it afterwards 

Just now, AUBwins said:

Thanks for the insight. Where are you currently sportscasting from?

I'm a sports editor and a freelance writer in Texas. Only reason I don't use my name is that when this is finished, I have to have a comprehensive story. When that's published, I'll publish it here and you'll have my name for future use. I'm not any kind of big deal; I'm just a writer, and felt bad that you guys were being jerked around by some of the media.

For what it's worth, all SEC programs (except maybe Vandy) have great respect. When people think of the SEC, the heavy hitters are BY FAR Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida and Auburn, for sure. Don't discount the role your program plays in the league. You are definitely one of the top five programs in the SEC every year, no matter what anyone else tells you.

53 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

First off, Freeze wasn't contacted for the first time today/yesterday/whatever ... the beat writers are all being led around by the same person (by and large).  Also keep in mind, they have paid audiences that they have to feed something ... anything ... multiple times per day, in situations like these.

Here are the facts:

• Freeze was Rane's first choice but Gogue gave it an immediate turndown 
  • My source says Gogue's position hasn't changed

There does appear to be some significant movement however in the past 24 hours, I hope to have something soon.  The winds are blowing ...

We he speaks , we should listen. 10 years + I've been on this forum ( Shout out to Auburn Eagle) 5-6 legit mods but RIR is the king.

Archived