Other coaching news

gr82b4au

In order for us to recruit in Texas, Nevada, Arizona, California and other states, it would help to have 1 or 2 BS coaches who is use to recruiting in those states.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, fredst said:

O has the potential to be the new Gus

O has the potential to be Chizik 2.0*

11 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

it would help to have 1 or 2 BS coaches

We had some BS coaches for the past several years. Ready to see some new ones do their thing

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What's that drawing?

-Gus

Oh he knew it. Cause it worked the 4 or 5 times per year we would run the route. 

15 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I have not heard his name mentioned at all by anyone. Now that would be a shocker

WR Coach should be either Bryan McClendon or Darrell Wyatt.

8 minutes ago, dilligas said:

WR Coach should be either Bryan McClendon or Darrell Wyatt.

First I’ve heard of Wyatt, hope that means strong connections in Florida.

Because I’m not nearly as in the loop as some (most) of y’all, are the hopes that Dell McGee and/or Jeff Grimes would join CBH’s staff dead? We couldn’t find a place for either with Cadillac and Bobo/Friend? Really wanted to see Dell back on the Plains. Is Garner gone for sure (was he part of the Steele coup)?

14 hours ago, fredst said:

O has the potential to be the new Gus

No.  Coach O has a ring that he won.  Gus doesn't.

Coach O could recruit.  I don't know what Gus was doing.

7 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

Because I’m not nearly as in the loop as some (most) of y’all, are the hopes that Dell McGee and/or Jeff Grimes would join CBH’s staff dead? We couldn’t find a place for either with Cadillac and Bobo/Friend? Really wanted to see Dell back on the Plains. Is Garner gone for sure (was he part of the Steele coup)?

Sorry to disappoint you but none of those guys are coming to Auburn. Grimes has already been hired by somebody else. Dell has made it known that he is not going to come to Auburn unless he has a bigger role - calling plays. Not happening. And supposedly Garner is not welcome back at this point (rivals). 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Sorry to disappoint you but none of those guys are coming to Auburn. Grimes has already been hired by somebody else. Dell has made it known that he is not going to come to Auburn unless he has a bigger role - calling plays. Not happening. And supposedly Garner is not welcome back at this point (rivals). 

No, appreciate the update. What’s the story with Bedell from Boise?  I saw a number of posts on another site where Bronco fans were roasting him, and not just a few, they genuinely had awful things to say. That concerns me, because we know who our former good and bad coaches were. What have BSU fans seen that they’re begging AU to take him off their hands?

Switching back, what’s the latest on T-Will? I read where he’d interviewed (late yesterday I think). He and Caddy are the only two coaches from the old regime that I believe would be valuable members of CBH’s staff

3 hours ago, fredst said:

We had some BS coaches for the past several years. Ready to see some new ones do their thing

@fredst

Same Page GIFs | Tenor

I was thinking the same thing when I read his post.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

First I’ve heard of Wyatt, hope that means strong connections in Florida.

@AUDevilWyatt has been connected as a real possibility for WR coach since before Bobo was hired FWIW.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@AUDevilWyatt has been connected as a real possibility for WR coach since before Bobo was hired FWIW.

Wyatt and Harsin coached together at Texas if anyone is wondering what the connection is.

With Lac and Zac here, we don't need Kodi. But if there was some other role, I might be okay with it. Honestly, for Kodi's career, he probably needs a fresh opportunity. Young coaches need to move around more than older coaches.

Just now, meh130 said:

With Lac and Zac here, we don't need Kodi. But if there was some other role, I might be okay with it. Honestly, for Kodi's career, he probably needs a fresh opportunity. Young coaches need to move around more than older coaches.

Kodi needs to go and work with a real receivers coach

46 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Kodi needs to go and work with a real receivers coach

Depending on who we hire as a WR coach Kodi would do himself a huge favor being a GA for Harsin.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Depending on who we hire as a WR coach Kodi would do himself a huge favor being a GA for Harsin.

You think a guy who just spent years as a WR coach and "Co-OC" is going to reduce himself to GA status?

Think about what you just said. We took Kodi away from an on-field coaching position at Arizona State (RB's) - the guy isn't going to be a GA LMAO. 

1 minute ago, metafour said:

You think a guy who just spent years as a WR coach and "Co-OC" is going to reduce himself to GA status?

Think about what you just said. We took Kodi away from an on-field coaching position at Arizona State (RB's) - the guy isn't going to be a GA LMAO. 

Well if the guy wants to learn something other than the simple route tree he knows he might.  It’s his decision what he wants to do, but he has limited experience coaching and he is probably in need of a mentor.  Terry Bowden was a GA for Clemson for a year and now a HC.  Sometimes you leave to be honest with yourself and reinvent your career.

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well we know he want do that but he needs to work for a good HC he could learn something from other then being a yes man for Gus

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well if the guy wants to learn something other than the simple route tree he knows he might.  It’s his decision what he wants to do, but he has limited experience coaching and he is probably in need of a mentor.  Terry Bowden was a GA for Clemson for a year and now a HC.  Sometimes you leave to be honest with yourself and reinvent your career.

He can still leverage his time at Auburn into another paying on-field job at a decent program wherein he can still learn something. He's quite obviously not going to stay here as a GA, and that would be silly. If he wanted to do something like that he could take a similar job with an NFL team wherein he'd learn more. 

Archived