Biden's plan for Stimulus. Is this a good thing?

Grumps

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is the 2nd time (recently) that you participated in a thread in the football forum that was locked because of race and then you come in here to get the last word.

If there is a racist purge, it might get you.

Yeah I said blackface is wrong and the the leadership of the NFL doesn't hire blacks and had stats to back it up........I'm horrible. Fact is if it bothers you to simply hear about racism existing you are no doubt racist

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and the funny thing is racist are usually cowards that's why it's hard to combat. That's why they hide behind the stop talking about it stuff. People can talk behind their firewalls but when someone is looking them in the face......they'll look down and be quiet

28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You'll have to be specific.  I don't know what words you are referring to.

Colored | Definition of Colored by Merriam-Webster (merriam-webster.com)

Colored - Wikipedia

You are using some dated language, hence why I said you are showing your age. 

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

OK, have it your way. Make it blatant.  You are just too blind to recognize it it in yourself or the world. 

We live in the same world.  Only you think racism doesn't exist in yours. How convenient for you.

I know racism exists, how did you get to the point where you think that?  You calling me blind to racism is a hoot.  This is your go to line of thinking when it comes to this subject.

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Colored | Definition of Colored by Merriam-Webster (merriam-webster.com)

Colored - Wikipedia

You are using some dated language, hence why I said you are showing your age. 

Seriously?   . 

I was referring to Jim Crow era laws - which I experienced, or at least witnessed.  That's exactly what separate facilities were labeled - "colored".  (They got tap water, we got chilled water.)

But if you think really it's notable - have at it. :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I know racism exists, how did you get to the point where you think that?  You calling me blind to racism is a hoot.  This is your go to line of thinking when it comes to this subject.

I just follow the rhetoric.

Biden acknowledges that people of color have suffered disproportionately from the pandemic and he intents to focus on helping them.  You and "chlorine for the world's gene pool" protest that such attention amounts to racism, as if racism is not at the root of why they are suffering disproportionately.

It's a hypocritical, self-righteous and insensitive interpretation.

So yeah, you're indifferent  -if not blind -to racism.  You seem to have little interest in rectifying it, given an opportunity to do so.  You and chlorine are apparently just too "principled" to acknowledge racism as it exists. You'd prefer to avoid it by retreating to your "ideal" world, which doesn't exist.:-\

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?   . 

I was referring to Jim Crow era laws - which I experienced, or at least witnessed.  That's exactly what separate facilities were labeled - "colored".  (They got tap water, we got chilled water.)

But if you think really it's notable - have at it. :rolleyes:

You said it, not me. I imagine it is how Biden would talk as well so you have that going for you.

21 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

You said it, not me. I imagine it is how Biden would talk as well so you have that going for you.

I said it, you thought it was "notable".   Kids. :no:

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I said, you thought it was "notable".   Kids. :no:

Go ahead and try to say you were just referring to Jim Crow laws, I don't buy it. If you really were you would have known what I was referring to. Hence, I called you old......not a racist. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

So yeah, you're indifferent  -if not blind -to racism.  You seem to have little interest in rectifying it, given an opportunity to do so.  You and chlorine are apparently just too "principled" to acknowledge racism as it exists. You'd prefer to avoid it by retreating to your "ideal" world, which doesn't exist

This is your problem homer.  The post you quoted said I know racism exists and blather about me not acknowledging racism exists.  You have a fixed narrative in you mind and no matter what people say you aren’t going to change your narrative.

You also believe, it appears, that silence is violence so to speak.  It’s typical of you to put words in where none were spoken.

There is no ideal world, just the pursuit of perfection.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I said blackface is wrong and the the leadership of the NFL doesn't hire blacks and had stats to back it up........I'm horrible. Fact is if it bothers you to simply hear about racism existing you are no doubt racist

Missing the point, cole.  You know as well as anybody starting a conversation about race and it’s inequalities in the football forum is going to get the thread locked.  You just can’t let it go.  I’m not saying you’re wrong, but the end result is always a locked thread.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Oh and the funny thing is racist are usually cowards that's why it's hard to combat. That's why they hide behind the stop talking about it stuff. People can talk behind their firewalls but when someone is looking them in the face......they'll look down and be quiet

You know as well as I that any ism/ist talk is a way to shut down conversation.  He!!, I’ve already been called a racist by an old white man on here.  Go figure.  I’ll be glad to discuss the subject in a PM if you are willing, but not here.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Missing the point, cole.  You know as well as anybody starting a conversation about race and it’s inequalities in the football forum is going to get the thread locked.  You just can’t let it go.  I’m not saying you’re wrong, but the end result is always a locked thread.

Know guy maybe you are missing the point. I didn't even start the freaking convo. It really was started because some random guy who don't have anything ever to say but hates the thought of someone saying the word racist went off tangent. Literally the only thing I brought was a very important and relevant point of why he may jump at the job. That's all I ******* said. But yet instead you being a decent person and standing for anything right you'd rather just come at me because I'm the black guy that screams racist right. But you or anybody can't say when I've ever done that. In reality I'm just a black guy on a board filled with mostly older white man that won't stay in my place and shut up.

I'm easily one of the best posters on here. I never troll or never lie. 

And no if I see ANYTHING racist or any inequality I will not just shut up. I owe my mom and my grandparents much more than that.

We're really lucky because if it was some way everybody here could be in the same place I'd break alot of jaws. But the very least I can do is stand up

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You know as well as I that any ism/ist talk is a way to shut down conversation.  He!!, I’ve already been called a racist by an old white man on here.  Go figure.  I’ll be glad to discuss the subject in a PM if you are willing, but not here.

We can talk all day whenever you want man. PM or otherwise. I'm always open to dialogue and as long as you respect me I'll have nothing but the utmost respect for you

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Go ahead and try to say you were just referring to Jim Crow laws, I don't buy it. If you really were you would have known what I was referring to. Hence, I called you old......not a racist. 

I have no idea wtf your issue is.

33 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is your problem homer.  The post you quoted said I know racism exists and blather about me not acknowledging racism exists.  You have a fixed narrative in you mind and no matter what people say you aren’t going to change your narrative.

You also believe, it appears, that silence is violence so to speak.  It’s typical of you to put words in where none were spoken.

OK, sure.

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm easily one of the best posters on here

No question about this statement, but you are also a lightning rod when it comes to other posters.  You didn’t start the conversation, but it’s like blood in the water to some posters and things don’t end well.  That’s all I’m saying. Not trying to shut you up about the subject, it’s just needs to be in the right time and place.

It seemed odd to me to bring it here to an unrelated thread.

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I have no idea wtf your issue is.

No issue, apparently you have an issue when someone calls you out for something you said that is outdated and considered racist in today's age. If not racist, it certainly has a negative stigma applied to it today. I just figured you would know better. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

We can talk all day whenever you want man. PM or otherwise. I'm always open to dialogue and as long as you respect me I'll have nothing but the utmost respect for you

Interested you can’t receive PMs.  Let me know if you want to talk.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interested you can’t receive PMs.  Let me know if you want to talk.

Oh yeah. I receive lots of fan mail as you can probably imagine 😂 let me delete some of it

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh yeah. I receive lots of fan mail as you can probably imagine 😂 let me delete some of it

I deleted some. Let me know if that's enough. I do have a couple of convos with a few people that mean alot to me so I want to make sure I don't delete those

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I deleted some. Let me know if that's enough. I do have a couple of convos with a few people that mean alot to me so I want to make sure I don't delete those

Understood. Still restricted.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You won't get anywhere with him. He has his narrative and likes to shape other's words to fit it, to the point that it is outright denial of facts. 

Personally, help for the small businesses should just be based on the needs of the business to survive and not race, sex, etc. and not deciding you are going to prioritize based on the mentioned criteria before you even roll out your plan. Most of all the small businesses I have dealt with all faced the same hurdles regardless of their background while larger ones made away with money due to loopholes. 

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

No issue, apparently you have an issue when someone calls you out for something you said that is outdated and considered racist in today's age. If not racist, it certainly has a negative stigma applied to it today. I just figured you would know better. 

Racist???   :rolleyes:

I guess I'm just not as PC as you, bless your heart.  :rolleyes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/02/people-color-are-protesting-heres-what-you-need-know-about-this-new-identity/

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Understood. Still restricted.

I deleted more and actually found a very old PM that we had back in the day and I wrote you on that as well

Archived