Pruitt out at Tennessee (Merged)

Tiger1992

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AURandy1345162767 said:

Here is my conspiracy theory at work: If the NCAA is going to come down on Pruitt, they are going to take their sweet time doing so--not because of their love for Pruitt, but because of their love for his mentor, Nick Saban. Pruitt, and Smart as well, know where the bodies are buried in Tuscaloosa. Either one, or both, could use that knowledge against the Nickster and the NCAA, who has seemingly turned a blind eye to the goings on in Tuscaloosa, and have the NCAA go easy on them. As for those who believe Saban runs a clean program and gets the cream of the crop recruits because he sends them to the pros, that is probably true today and probably for the last few years. However, I do believe he got a lot of help when he first landed at Alabama. After 2-3 years of coaching the pros in Miami, he landed in Tuscaloosa and practically swept the state of Alabama with getting the top recruits in this state. He just never has seemed to have such an engaging personality that would draw recruits to him. I could be wrong since I've never met the guy and cannot say I know him personally. So, my opinion is that the NCAA is going to go as easy as they can on Pruitt, and possibly Smart if it gets that far, not because of them personally, but because of their affiliation with Nick Saban. 

OK--let me have it. I'm sure someone on here will destroy me for this, but I'm ready for it. 

Never quite understood why people assume that programs like Alabama in football and Duke in basketball don't have to pay recruits.   Cause kids or their families would rather not have the cash?  

31 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Saw one report from a sports beat writer said that his source told him that Tennessee was handing out money to on campus recruits in McDonalds bags.

Be careful. We have a guy who is apparently pretty good at that during home visits. 

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Gus is the favorite for the UTk job.  He reportedly already asked CKS to stay on as a minimum wage janitor.  Heard it straight from Lil Mook!

Well,  Steele only needs 28 more years to be eligible for the Tennessee state employees’ pension.

Just now, Win4AU said:

What’s the deal with McDonalds in all this UT stuff?  

Supposedly that is how they were handing cash to the recruits.  See the Pruitt thread in Rivals

16 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Tennessee staff- Ok guys new code word "kids meal" with a prize in each one. 

McSanctions

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

IMO you can cross Napier, Herman, and Kiffin off that list from the start. No body that has a job or can get a HC job elsewhere is going to touch Tenn until some word from NCAA comes down. 

If i'm Tenn i go ahead and hire Steele at a huge discount (since AU is paying him the next 2 years) and just live with the fan fallout. Sell hard on him being an alumni and providing a steady hand as the school re-focuses. Save some money and hope you can get an up and comer in 2-4 years when the dust settles. 

Anyone see where Mark Stoops was quoted as saying “he was not surprised one bit”. I’m just surprised another coach would say anything one way or the other.  

6 hours ago, DAG said:

I love that this guy can some how get credible responses. I like to consider this satire. It’s like people who respond to the onion with well, thought out post 

It's pretty bad that I read this and thought of 4 guys, I don't know which one you're talking about!

52 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's pretty bad that I read this and thought of 4 guys, I don't know which one you're talking about!

A4E

On 1/18/2021 at 1:46 PM, DAG said:

and somehow someway CKS gets a head coaching job even if it is interim 

LMAO.    Remember,   CKS is a master at the  long game of getting people fired and him promoted.   

May be CKS  feels he has more experience now so he has higher aspirations...  Like the Ut Athletic Director position.      It is all in the master plan.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:28 PM, auburn4ever said:

Since Pruitt has now been fired, I wonder if coach Harsin might think about hiring him as OSL coach. What say y'all? It's just a thought on a slow day.

It's not THAT slow.

All kidding aside here, well most kidding aside, I say Gus would be the perfect fit at UT right now.  

Considering where that program has been the last 15 years?  A consistent 8-4 team with solid and honest recruiting shouldn't look too bad to them.  He has also done  3 times in 8 seasons what UT hasn't in what, 13? Beaten bama... 

Archived