Okeke, Okoro NBA Talk

REALTORTiger

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Isaac seems to really fit into the blue collar atmosphere in Cleveland. I wonder if he'll stay with them after his first contract, or if he'll move on. I'd like to see him on a winner, and if they can build that in Cleveland, then okay, but...well, I just like seeing our guys succeed. Looks good for Auburn, and even without that benefit, it's always good to see a brother walking tall.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Career-high night for Isaac Okoro with 19 points, along with 3 rebounds, 3 assists, & 0 turnovers.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Career-high night for Isaac Okoro with 19 points, along with 3 rebounds, 3 assists, & 0 turnovers.

I believe he had open minutes with several starters out. 

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I believe he had open minutes with several starters out. 

When Sexton and/or Garland are out, Okoro gets a bit more aggressive on offense and it's nice to see. He knows what is role in this offense is, though, and tends to play in it and not try to do too much. If I'm not mistaken, he set his career high 17 points last week so he's just getting more comfortable on the offensive end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He said in an interview a week or so ago that playing with Kevin Love and his floor spacing has made the biggest difference in his offense. Love opened the lane for Okoro’s slashing. 

• Love 2

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toddc said:

Awesome play...but he covered more than a third of the court with only one dribble...lol.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 11:09 PM, Rednilla said:

Awesome play...but he covered more than a third of the court with only one dribble...lol.

The best guys can go the length of the court in 3-4 dribbles.

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Takes me 5, but I’m working on it. 

I just pass it to someone else! 😝 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

The best guys can go the length of the court in 3-4 dribbles.

So you're saying the best can go the length of the court in 6-8 steps? 

Isaac took about 6 or 7 steps after gathering the ball before he slammed it home, and dribbled it once. I know the NBA doesn't like calling travelling, but come on man, can you not at least see the humor in that?

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

So you're saying the best can go the length of the court in 6-8 steps? 

Isaac took about 6 or 7 steps after gathering the ball before he slammed it home, and dribbled it once. I know the NBA doesn't like calling travelling, but come on man, can you not at least see the humor in that?

Yes. Actually Google it or search it on YouTube. I don't think he traveled at all. They wouldn't have called that traveling in college. But that's just my opinion

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes. Actually Google it or search it on YouTube. I don't think he traveled at all. They wouldn't have called that traveling in college. But that's just my opinion

Amazingly, yes. No travel.

Both of our busts our balling out tonight.

7 minutes left in the 4th quarter and Chuma has 18 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals.

With the entire 4th quarter to go, Okoro has 15 points and 5 rebounds. Okoro might set a career-high in points if he gets a couple of buckets in the 4th.

Right after this, though Okoro got a spine tingler when the rim beat him on a dunk. If the video gets posted, I'll edit it in.

Edit:

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

just a couple more inches

If only! He's had some really good dunks this year, though. I'll give him a pass for that one. lol

• Like 1

You seeing this @REALTORTiger?  We haven't heard from you in a while so I just wanted to be sure you were well enough to read your thread.

Ez8FV8fX0AQM6WJ.jpeg

Edited by abw0004

58 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You seeing this @REALTORTiger?  We haven't heard from you in a while so I just wanted to be sure you were well enough to read your thread.

Ez8FV8fX0AQM6WJ.jpeg

That turd was flushed  🚽

• Haha 1

Nice to see. Isaac has risen to the (huge) challenge defensively this year as a rookie. If he could even become an average shooter he’ll have a long NBA career. 

Great Triva question for your non AU friends: what 2 NBA starters are rookies this year, played for the same school, but never played on the court at the same time in school?

• Like 1