Okeke, Okoro NBA Talk

REALTORTiger

The bust, Okoro has 19 points on 3-4 from 3 and 8-8 from the line. Oh and there is still 6:30 left in the 3rd quarter. 1 point away from his career high that he set last week. :D

Edit: Less than 2 game minutes later, he made a layup to break his career-high. 18 points on 5-9 shooting, 3-4 from 3, 8-8 from the line. He also has 4 assists and 3 rebounds with no turnovers and only 1 foul.

Edited by tgrogan21

Okoro ties the game with under a minute left with an and-1! He now has 30 points!

Edit: Okoro playing through a nasty cramp after that and-1. Plays good defense on Booker going to the bucket but the shot goes in. Okoro comes back and goes in against the larger man and gets the layup. 32 points, all tied against one of the best teams in the league.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2

Also, I know it's petty and I know he got flushed a long time ago, but I will never not throw it back in his face. One of the worst takes ever.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 3

• Like 1

Only one turnover in that game as well. Impressive stuff.

More impressive? CP3 and Booker combined for 21 assists and ZERO turnovers!!!

FYI for anyone who cares about this sort of thing, Okoro is now 10th all-time among AU players in the NBA in Scoring and Steals.  Passed Pat Burke in scoring and Chris Porter in Steals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUMicBK said:

FYI for anyone who cares about this sort of thing, Okoro is now 10th all-time among AU players in the NBA in Scoring and Steals.  Passed Pat Burke in scoring and Chris Porter in Steals.

Already?  Lol

• Haha 1

I hope chuma can just be healthy and get a chance to show people how good he really is. He has the potential to challenge for defensive player of the year if he could stay healthy

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Wow so many I told you so! This entire time I was the only one!

... I know you love to pat yourself on the back but you're definitely not the only one. Most everyone in this thread has been high on Okeke and Okoro.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

I don’t know the list but I imagine Okoro can make a real run with how devoid of scoring talent this Cleveland roster is. He’s going to definitely have the opportunities for years to come 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:56 PM, tgrogan21 said:

Also, I know it's petty and I know he got flushed a long time ago, but I will never not throw it back in his face. One of the worst takes ever.

I agree. I wish we could let him back on just long enough to shove it down his throat.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know the list but I imagine Okoro can make a real run with how devoid of scoring talent this Cleveland roster is. He’s going to definitely have the opportunities for years to come 

It's kind of a big jump to the next spot in scoring but I do expect him to move up.  he will easily reach the top 10 in rebounds, assists and blocks next season, it will just depend on whether or not Okeke passes him in those as they are very close in all (Chuma actually has a slight lead in rebounds.)

If, like many, you don't include Toney Douglas (i do) then he'd technically be 9th.

FWIW the list is Barkley, Mike Mitchell, Chuck Person, Eddie Johnson, Wesley Person, Chris Morris, John Mengelt, Marquis Daniels, Toney Douglas, Isaac Okoro.  Those same guys make up most of the top 10s statistically, give or take one here and there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUMicBK said:

It's kind of a big jump to the next spot in scoring but I do expect him to move up.  he will easily reach the top 10 in rebounds, assists and blocks next season, it will just depend on whether or not Okeke passes him in those as they are very close in all (Chuma actually has a slight lead in rebounds.)

If, like many, you don't include Toney Douglas (i do) then he'd technically be 9th.

FWIW the list is Barkley, Mike Mitchell, Chuck Person, Eddie Johnson, Wesley Person, Chris Morris, John Mengelt, Marquis Daniels, Toney Douglas, Isaac Okoro.  Those same guys make up most of the top 10s statistically, give or take one here and there.

I think Jabari Smith will pass up both in scoring, Cooper should be able to be top 5 in assists if he can carve out a long term role. At the rate Pearl is going, this entire list could be rearranged by this time 2031

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/5/2021 at 7:16 PM, tgrogan21 said:

... I know you love to pat yourself on the back but you're definitely not the only one. Most everyone in this thread has been high on Okeke and Okoro.

Okoro seemed to be well loved. There was a time I was fighting about chuma by myself it seemed. Or maybe I'm just higher on him. Like even now, if he can stay healthy.....he can be an all star but definitely defensive player of the year. Really hope him and Isaac get a chance to play with each 🐩

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Okoro seemed to be well loved. There was a time I was fighting about chuma by myself it seemed. Or maybe I'm just higher on him. Like even now, if he can stay healthy.....he can be an all star but definitely defensive player of the year. Really hope him and Isaac get a chance to play with each 🐩

...Both of them are pretty well loved by Auburn people, I think. Okoro was the higher draft pick but that's mainly because Okeke got hurt. Personally, I am a little more endeared to Chuma, but that's just because of the Win It For Chuma thing during the Final 4 run.

37 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

...Both of them are pretty well loved by Auburn people, I think. Okoro was the higher draft pick but that's mainly because Okeke got hurt. Personally, I am a little more endeared to Chuma, but that's just because of the Win It For Chuma thing during the Final 4 run.

That's fine, I wasn't talking about now, I'm talking  about an earlier time, and yes chuma dropped because of injury. I went all through that and explained everything when it happened

I was advocating for Chuma as our best player about 5 games into his freshman year. Maybe just with my brothers and not on the board. His skills just seemed so obvious but he was deferential to the upperclassmen around him. I don’t remember getting acknowledged or hated on but then again I’m not@cole256

I also sound like that Viper dude all of a sudden 🤔

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 1

I don't get to watch every game from Okoro but he's consistently putting up 10+ points a game in the last several weeks. Double digits in 9 of his last 10 games.

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1391923856974225413?s=20

22 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal with 4:30 left in the 4th.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1