2023 Early Offers & Talk

toddc

12 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I believe it means that he was offered by the previous staff and now he's got an offer from the current staff. If someone needs to correct me please do.

Also my understanding

• Like 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

I know he doesn’t have an offer yet but we’re keeping an eye on him for sure. That’s why I posted anyway. Thanks for adding this.

• Like 1

• Haha 1

Keenum Koby is a Florence Al player. Mars Hill

For you @cole256

Edited by toddc

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

Keenum Koby is a Florence Al player. Mars Hill

For you @cole256

Know a little on him. He's a boom orbust guy. Mars hill is a private school where all the more well off kids go. Very small so competition is the question. The football program is very young as well

• Like 1

Tigers begin contacting top junior recruits

By KEITH NIEBUHR 49 minutes ago

Wednesday is an important day in college football recruiting.

That's because Sept. 1 is the first time college coaches and other staff can make direct contact with junior recruits (class of 2023). And they can do so over the phone, through text messages and other avenues via social media, such as Twitter direct message. Before Sept. 1, colleges could contact high school coaches, but not the 2023 recruits directly. They could, however, answer calls from prospects and host them on unofficial visits.

As you can imagine, the timing for this shift with the 2023 class isn't ideal for college coaches, since many -- Auburn included -- have games Saturday. For one thing, they're still preparing for their respective season-openers. For another, many probably would rather not be up making phone calls past midnight game week.

But recruiting isn't something coaches can brush aside.

The good news: At Auburn, they have help from plenty of recruiting staff and graphics people on a day like this.

For Auburn, the first contact with 2023 recruits was made after midnight eastern time. The prospects in that time zone were the initial ones the Tigers could reach out to, followed by those in the central zone an hour later.

Just after midnight ET, some 2023 prospects began Tweeting out graphics that came from the Tigers. The first to hit Twitter with an Auburn graphic, we think, might have been 4-star receiver Santana Fleming of Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage. He's the No. 25 receiver in the country for the 2023 class according to the industry generated 247Sports Composite. And, of note, he attends the school that produced former Auburn receiver Anthony Schwartz, who now is in the NFL.

Here are some other prospects of note Auburn made contact with just after Tuesday became Wednesday and Sept. 1 arrived.

-Justin Benton, 4-star defensive tackle, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy: Originally from the metro-Atlanta area.

-Ahmari Borden, 4-star receiver, Quincy (Fla.) Munroe: A top-200 recruit in the country.

-Ethan Davis, 4-star tight end, Suwanee (Ga.) Collins Hill: No. 15 tight end in the country.

-Zavion Hardy, 4-star defensive end, Macon (Ga.) Tattnall Square Academy: The No. 6 recruit in the state of Georgia and a top-100 national player.

-Tyler Jeffries, offensive tackle, Alcoa (Tenn.): Heavily offered recruit who is listed at 6-feet-5 and 310 pounds.