2023 Early Offers & Talk

toddc

4 hours ago, Paladin said:

A lot to like about this young man. First he is really big, he has a quick 1st step both on O and on D. His D film was even more impressive then his O and his O was impressive. He will need to lose about 20 pounds which will still leave him huge and and even quicker.

• Like 2

QBs in Kansas and Calif -   were these offers from Auburn?!?!?!?!     I think someone made a clerical error.    This don't sound like Auburn.   I bet there is a college in Auburn, Calif.

Seriously,  is this staff a  little more aggressive on early offers or about the same as Gus' staff?    Seems like the the net is wider and being casted quickly.   I like it.. .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

QBs in Kansas and Calif -   were these offers from Auburn?!?!?!?!     I think someone made a clerical error.    This don't sound like Auburn.   I bet there is a college in Auburn, Calif.

Seriously,  is this staff a  little more aggressive on early offers or about the same as Gus' staff?    Seems like the the net is wider and being casted quickly.   I like it.. .

Can't say it enough. Look where Harsin had to go to pull kids to *Idaho*. Going to Kansas to give a kid an *Auburn* offer? Shoot. Deeeeluxe apartment in the sky.

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

Nope.  No University, but there is a brewery worth visiting:  Auburn Alehouse

Been there, done that & bought the t-shirt.  I'm partial to IPAs and their Hop Donkey fit the bill(!)  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beaker said:

I wonder if it is more of a better line of communication from staff to recruiting sites, that we are getting this info so fast even if these offers are going all over the country? 

It is hard to believe we have any kind of footprint in states like CA or even Kansas. But It could be Harsin or his west coast coaches on staff DID have some connects in many of these places from his days in Boise. I dont' see Bobo having them...(unless he built it up west of the MIssissippi when he was in Colo)....

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I wonder if it is more of a better line of communication from staff to recruiting sites, that we are getting this info so fast even if these offers are going all over the country? 

It is hard to believe we have any kind of footprint in states like CA or even Kansas. But It could be Harsin or his west coast coaches on staff DID have some connects in many of these places from his days in Boise. I dont' see Bobo having them...(unless he built it up west of the MIssissippi when he was in Colo)....

I don't think it is initially the coaches. One of the first things Harsin did when he arrived was put together a recruiting team. They do the grunt work of analyzing players. Because of the Pandemic remote recruiting via email, Zoom, Twitter etc. has expanded. Once the staff finds players in Ks, MA, Ca, etc. the staff does initial contact via the remote tools.  This gets your foot in the door without even leaving Auburn. After that for the right recruit who has shown real interest in Auburn then staff will either visit or arrange recruit to visit or both. 

Right now these offers I am assuming is staff has found them then coaches have talked with them to determine if mutual interest then offer. Down the road if looking better some type of physical visit will be arranged.  

I think what we are seeing is the result of the research and analyses of the larger more efficient staff Harsin brought in early on. Take our normal recruiting and add in 3 or 4 highly rated players from outside of our normal recruiting area from a good class to a great class. Time will tell if this is effective but so far I like what I am seeing.

Our old way of recruiting where almost all the burden was put on the coaches limited the number of people they could research and scout which limited the number of players we could recruit.

This is what I am assuming is happening I don't have any inside information to confirm it but from watching the initial hires of a more robust recruiting team and seeing how far afield we are going I think it makes sense even though exact details may differ some.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Paladin said:

You’re good brother!

• Thanks 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Thanks for adding his profile. Sometimes when I see their offer twitter, I don't know them well enough to know what position they play...

Keep those 4*+ OL coming... :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@Brad_ATX, let us know how he looks

Not Brad but he looks to me like he was built in a lab to push the person in front of them until they are laying on their back on the ground.

Like, straight out of central casting. I think I'm in love?

28 minutes ago, tinman said:

What does he mean by being "re-offered"?  Did we offer and then pull it?

I believe it means that he was offered by the previous staff and now he's got an offer from the current staff. If someone needs to correct me please do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1