2023 Early Offers & Talk

toddc

Auburn wastes no time contacting top 2023 targets

Aritcle written by:Jeffrey Lee

Sept. 1 was the first day colleges could contact recruits in the Class of 2023.

And like most colleges, Auburn didn’t waste any time.

Auburn began contacting its top ’23 targets the minute it was allowed. Auburn started at midnight with recruits in the Eastern Time Zone and worked its way west through Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones.

Auburn director of recruiting Darren Uscher and his staff were contacting recruits until after 3 a.m. CT.

Uscher and staff contacted approximately 300 of Auburn’s top ’23 targets.

“The 2023 class is a big class for us,” Uscher told AuburnLive. “We want to make a great first impression. You only get one shot to make a first impression.”

Several recruits took to Twitter to show the attention received by Auburn.

AuburnLive has compiled a running list of recruits who publicly acknowledged Auburn’s contact.

Offense

QB – Malachi Singleton – 6-1 220 – Kennesaw, Ga.

RB – Javin Simpkins – 5-9 175 – Miami, Fla.

WR – Ahmari Borden – 6-2 180 – Quincy, Fla.

WR – Santana Fleming – 5-10 165 – Opa Locka, Fla.

WR – Robert Lockhart III – 5-7 170 – Fairburn, Ga.

TE – Ethan Davis – 6-5 200 – Suwannee, Ga.

OL – Madden Sanker – 6-4 275 – Douglasville, Ga.

OL – Tyler “Bubba” Jeffries – 6-5- 310 – Alcoa, Tenn.

OL – Brycen Sanders – 6-5 285 – Chattanooga, Tenn.

OL – Isaiah Robinson – 6-7 280 – Arlington, Texas

OL – Patrick Screws – 6-6 315 – Eufala, Ala.

OL – Markee Anderson – 6-5 280 – Roebuck, S.C.

OL – Samson Okunlola – 6-5 295 – Brockton, Mass.

OL – Lance Williams – 6-4 295 – Alcoa, Tenn.

[ On3 Class of 2023 Rankings ]

Defense

DL – Zavion Hardy – 6-5- 235 – Macon, Ga.

DL – AJ Hoffler – 6-5 245 – Atlanta, Ga.

DL – Justin Benton – 6-1 265 – Bradenton, Fla.

DL/EDGE – Jayden Wayne – 6-5 245 – Tacoma, Wa. (67)

LB – Anthony Hill – 6-2 225 – Denton, Texas (61)

LB – Derion Gullette – 6-2 225 – Marlin, Texas

LB – Kam Franklin – 6-3 185 – Oak Grove, La.

LB – Dee Crayton – 6-1 210 – Alpharetta, Ga.

LB – Troy Ford Jr. – 6-2 235 – Savannah, Ga.

LB – KD Shepherd – 6-1 190 – Highland Home, Ala.

LB – Drayk Bowen – 6-2 215 – Merillville, Ind.

DB – Jacoby Davis – 5-11 170 – Houston, Texas

S – Daniel Demery – 5-11 195 – Dallas, Texas

S – Ryan Yaites – 6-1 175 – Denton, Texas

S – TJ Metcalf – 6-1 180 – Pinson, Ala.

ATH – Isaac Smith – 6-2 180 – Fulton, Miss.

[ On3 Class of 2023 Rankings ]

8 hours ago, Paladin said:

Moves well for a big man also hits more that one player after initial block.

5 hours ago, Paladin said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

• Like 1

4-star DB from Washington state talks Auburn visit

by Jason Caldwell

Jun 3, 4:31 PM

One of the nation’s top cornerback prospects for the 2023 class, 4-star Caleb Presley from Eastside Catholic in Sammamish, Washington was on the Auburn campus Thursday along with several players from the State of Washington to check out the Tigers as part of a swing through the Southeast. Already at Alabama and heading to Georgia next, Presley said his first look at life on the Plains was a very good one.

“It was good,” Presley said. “I got to see the campus. I got to see a whole lot of the school and check out the facility a little bit. I enjoyed my time.

“What really intrigued me about Auburn was getting to come and see some of the coaches in person and some of the changes they made to the roster. I think this year is going to be a good year for them. I also got to talk to some of the coaches and learned a lot from them. That was probably the most interesting part of the visit.”

Presley got some news while on the visit as well with Auburn coming through with an offer for him joining the likes of Notre Dame, Oregon, USC, Washington and others.

With Coach Bryan Harsin coming from Boise State along with linebacker coach Jeff Schmedding and tight ends coach Brad Bedell, Bert Watts from Fresno State and Derek Mason having a background at Stanford, Auburn has some strong ties to the West Coast. Presley said that definitely had an impact on him.

“It had some influence on the visit,” Presley said. “Getting some guys that are familiar with the West Coast helped open the doors a little bit. They’re familiar with our talent up here. I think it’s good that we have that connection.”

With recruiting visits shut down for the last 15 months it has kept prospects from being able to get out and see schools, but that’s now a thing of the past. Taking the tour of some of the schools in the SEC with Clemson at the end, he said it’s a fun time to experience something new.

“It’s incredible,” he said. “A lot of kids in Washington don’t get this opportunity to come down here and see the SEC. It’s big. It’s time to put Washington on the map and have Seattle as something they recognize and know we produce talent and produce guys.”

While he’s still a long way from making a decision with still a couple of years left in high school, Presley said Thursday’s visit showed him that Auburn is a school to be reckoned with for him.

“Most definitely,” he said of wanting to come back for another visit. “I think I’ll be coming back to check out some games. I got to see some of the facilities and how many fans they hold, like 90,000. That’s a lot of people and it’s something I would love to experience.”

In addition to this week’s visits, Presley said he’s scheduled to visit Texas next week.