Fall Practice Observations and Videos

toddc

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

2 guys I haven't heard a peep out of all fall camp are Joko WIllis and Dylan Brooks. Any word on how they are coming along? I know we are solid at LB but I honestly expected both to earn some PT.

Feel like Edge and LB might be the two of our deepest positions, so probably hard to break through there being newcomers. 

West Virginia corner being absent of most reports seems the most surprising to me. Think most expected him to be our starter conf starting corner 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

NM is by far the coolest QB we've had that I can remember.

Most definitely and I'll say Burger was #2, if redneck country boys can be considered cool. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

West Virginia corner being absent of most reports seems the most surprising to me. Think most expected him to be our starter conf starting corner 

Great corners are rarely heard from when they are doing their job right and locking down their man. I’m hoping that’s it. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Only thing about Miller I've seen since camp started is that he needs to be a more willing tackler in the run game. 

He'll get there. He's going to add a bunch of good experience and instincts in zone coverage, something we need to do more often to kick this defense into the stratosphere.

We've got so many options in the secondary that's going to allow Mason to be as multiple and tricky as he wants.

Edited by ValleyTiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Fun "argument" for sure! 

You guys call that an argument? Pfffftt 

😝 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Feel like Edge and LB might be the two of our deepest positions, so probably hard to break through there being newcomers. 

Well, we haven't really heard much out of Roger McCreary from the beat guys either. The best Dbs are usually the ones you don't hear much of. Not saying that's the case, just saying that it might be nothing.

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Well, we haven't really heard much out of Roger McCreary from the beat guys either. The best Dbs are usually the ones you don't hear much of. Not saying that's the case, just saying that it might be nothing.

Feel like Roger is a known commodity and a lock at the #1 corner..  Maybe their both locking their sides down.  For a new comer, I'd imagine I'd see an article or comments about how he's doing his 1st week.  Maybe I missed it.  

Pritchett seems to be doing well.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Alabama game too. To perform the way he did under all that scrutiny.....he's number 1 to me and I LOVE Nick Marshall btw. You never saw cam sweat. Worry. Get emotional. Give up. And that bammer game was set up for all of that to take place

That Alabama game is probably the most hostile environment an Auburn player has ever gone through or ever will. The things I heard he was called, the ish talking they allowed on the loudspeakers. Guy handled it like a NFL vet

• Like 2