Fall Practice Observations and Videos

toddc

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

Bo is the only QB that fit that narrative that can come in as a true freshman and PLAY- START??? and what results have we gotten from his TWO YEARS of starting???

The best result possible:

No more Gus

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’d love to see DD become some kind of freshman phenom. I just wonder if Harsin and Bobo are thinking that Davis being cool under pressure against guys he knows on defense in an empty JHS is just too different than stepping into a prime time game against Penn St or LSU in the road. It would be asking a lot from him to hold it together in his first year and lead us to wins in those environments. With that being said, if Bo just isn’t making any improvements, you can’t trot him into those games knowing how he is on the road. 

Three texas state championship games are pretty intense. No, not death valley at night, but definitely an equivalent for high schools

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The iciest veins that ever pumped blood. 

B71C5BA2-99BD-4521-9F78-10EAEB59592F.jpeg

So far...

NM is by far the coolest QB we've had that I can remember.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Thoughts from Xavier Dampeer who was at the scrimmage:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/261944227821741/permalink/824785141537644/

*Sorry, no idea how to embed Facebook posts. 

"Overview:

Bo & TJ were making some solid/great throws, & they looked good when they had time & got in rhythm. Didn’t see too many drops at all from the WR’s. Bo has great velocity on the ball. He threw some absolute dimes out there today. He’s gettin’ comfortable with his technique. D. Davis also had some good/great throws as well, & he has some good mobility when moving out of the pocket. 

Listen carefully to this next phrase:

Our O-Line will be fine. There’s plenty of room to improve, but everything is fixable, & we have the talent to take it the distance once those things get fixed. So that’s the great thing about all of this.

Our Defense is swarming. They’re big, fast, and physical. They’re tackling well in space, they’re creating/forcing turnovers, & they’re playing downhill.

Tank looks even more explosive than last year. I truly believe that he’s gonna be even harder to tackle in the open field than last year. He’s definitely added some horsepower to his engine, as his acceleration really stuck out to me on one particular play early in the scrimmage. Same thing with Shivers as well. 

This team has had an amazing summer as well with their conditioning. You can see it. They look like absolute Monsters. & you love to see it. This strength staff is no joke. 

I truly believe that we’ll be fine. It’s the first scrimmage and the defense really came with that energy, but our offense made some great plays as well, so don’t be upset about some of the stuff you’re reading. It was the 1st scrimmage so of course there will be flaws like penalties, missed assignments, lack of technique at times, etc.. Those things will definitely drop & the production will increase by the end of it all. Trust and believe."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So far...

NM is by far the coolest QB we've had that I can remember.

Yea it’s not even close. I’d say the next one was Senior year Jason Campbell. 

• Like 3

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea it’s not even close. I’d say the next one was Senior year Jason Campbell. 

I think Cam was pretty darn cool himself. Performance against Georgia with all the media attention was killer.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think Cam was pretty darn cool himself. Performance against Georgia with all the media attention was killer.

Alabama game too. To perform the way he did under all that scrutiny.....he's number 1 to me and I LOVE Nick Marshall btw. You never saw cam sweat. Worry. Get emotional. Give up. And that bammer game was set up for all of that to take place

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Alabama game too. To perform the way he did under all that scrutiny.....he's number 1 to me and I LOVE Nick Marshall btw. You never saw cam sweat. Worry. Get emotional. Give up. And that bammer game was set up for all of that to take place

100%

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Thoughts from Xavier Dampeer who was at the scrimmage:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/261944227821741/permalink/824785141537644/

*Sorry, no idea how to embed Facebook posts. 

Slightly different info on the QB play

26 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

haha. So cool he spotted the other team 3 TDs. He really lived up to the pressure & hype. HE was cool.

But NM was the coolest. I loved that guy. That drive against Miss St changed everything. 

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

When he scored that running TD he was all business. So much pressure... He was big time!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Slightly different info on the QB play

Yes. And in my opinion it’s for two reasons: It’s from an accomplished player who knows more about the nuances of the game than regular fans like me, and also because he framed his observations with appropriate context. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes. And in my opinion it’s for two reasons: It’s from an accomplished player who knows more about the nuances of the game than regular fans like me, and also because he framed his observations with appropriate context. 

Yeah. Wasn't doubting Dampeer. Just pointing out the criticism of TJ wasn't as harsh as the initial reports 

Very very very encouraging!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 4

What’s the saying about first scrimmage? “You’re never as good as you think and you’re never as bad as it looks “. Something like that 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barnacle said:

My only counter to that is that Cam has never been in a situation, possibly in his entire life, where he wasn't the best athlete in whatever zip- make that area- code he was in at the time. He grew up in a cradle of excellence in SW ATL and had already been on 2 national championship teams. He's tall, ridiculously handsome, and was taught how to speak to people by a preacher.

Nick Marshall was a once and future cornerback from country, *country* ass Georgia, and he might've been the most country dude from there. 

Cam very well might've been cooler, but something about Nick's brand of polar bear toenails feels more otherworldly to me.

My goodness, it's amazing that we had those dudes for 3 years out of a 5 year run. Like, we're talking about the two coolest in school history happening almost back to back. No wonder Gus thought he was so damned smart and we loved those stupid State of Auburn shirts so much hahaha.

• Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

My only counter to that is that Cam has never been in a situation, possibly in his entire life, where he wasn't the best athlete in whatever zip- make that area- code he was in at the time. He grew up in a cradle of excellence in SW ATL and had already been on 2 national championship teams. He's tall, ridiculously handsome, and was taught how to speak to people by a preacher.

Nick Marshall was a once and future cornerback from country, *country* ass Georgia, and he might've been the most country dude from there. 

Cam very well might've been cooler, but something about Nick's brand of polar bear toenails feels more otherworldly to me.

My goodness, it's amazing that we had those dudes for 3 years out of a 5 year run. Like, we're talking about the two coolest in school history happening almost back to back. No wonder Gus thought he was so damned smart and we loved those stupid State of Auburn shirts so much hahaha.

Yeah I pretty much agree about everything you said. Fact that Nick wasn't a natural QB made it that much more impressive. 

I brought up Cam to counter the post that Nick was the coolest QB we'd had since '04 Jason Campbell. Hard to compare Nick and Cam for all the reasons you listed. Both so amazing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I pretty much agree about everything you said. Fact that Nick wasn't a natural QB made it that much more impressive. 

I brought up Cam to counter the post that Nick was the coolest QB we'd had since '04 Jason Campbell. Hard to compare Nick and Cam for all the reasons you listed. Both so amazing. 

Fun "argument" for sure! 

• Haha 1

2 guys I haven't heard a peep out of all fall camp are Joko WIllis and Dylan Brooks. Any word on how they are coming along? I know we are solid at LB but I honestly expected both to earn some PT.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The way he talk about his time in Florida. It makes you think he felt he was almost over his head his first year. His problem was after Tebow left I think he said well I'm not even playing to for back up so what am I doing here

• Like 1