Harsin: Firing Williams couldn't wait

WFE12

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Now you're just deflecting away from your original argument that "WRs aren't making big plays"

I'll answer your other questions once you attempt to rationalize with me how WRs are supposed to make big plays when like 1 of 20 deep balls have been catchable.

I think you’re taking my question the wrong way. For the third time, that was copying/pasted from a rivals link. Feel free to disagree with it.

What we can agree on, we somehow had enough talent, minus some atrocious playcalling, to beat Penn State on the road. We’ve had open wide receivers missed and we’ve had open wide receivers drop passes as well as running wrong routes, penalties, not on the field when they should be etc.

So what is a head coach to do? The way I see it he has three options.

1. Fire the WO coach 

2. Fire the OC

3. Fire neither, coach them, teach them, train them to improvement

Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I think you’re taking my question the wrong way. For the third time, that was copying/pasted from a rivals link. Feel free to disagree with it.

What we can agree on, we somehow had enough talent, minus some atrocious playcalling, to beat Penn State on the road. We’ve had open wide receivers missed and we’ve had open wide receivers drop passes as well as running wrong routes, penalties, not on the field when they should be etc.

So what is a head coach to do? The way I see it he has three options.

1. Fire the WO coach 

2. Fire the OC

3. Fire neither, coach them, teach them, train them to improvement

Any thoughts?

OK. So you can't?

I guess people often post articles to support their arguments, but then don't want to act like it was their words.

Weird.

• Like 1

Our drops have been bad. But that isn't directly on a coach who has been here 8 months.

We keep seeing it exemplified that all the WRs did constant things wrong, but little to no evidence to prove this. 

Is it really that much different than other position groups?

Let's take LBs vs GA State. They were pure garbage. Probably a lot to due starting extremely inexperienced LBs. Same as the WRs. Luckily Zakoby saved us. 

If we hit 1/3 of all the deep passes thrown all year, no one is fired, we are a top 10 team and 5-0.  That's not on the WRs.

Feel like QB play has been the main culprit. We'll see if TJ can do any better

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

OK. So you can't?

I guess people often post articles to support their arguments, but then don't want to act like it was their words.

Weird.

Lol; What argument?

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Our drops have been bad. But that isn't directly on a coach who has been here 8 months.

We keep seeing it exemplified that all the WRs did constant things wrong, but little to no evidence to prove this. 

Is it really that much different than other position groups?

Let's take LBs vs GA State. They were pure garbage. Probably a lot to due starting extremely inexperienced LBs. Same as the WRs. Luckily Zakoby saved us. 

If we hit 1/3 of all the deep passes thrown all year, no one is fired, we are a top 10 team and 5-0.  That's not on the WRs.

Feel like QB play has been the main culprit. We'll see if TJ can do any better

So why do you think he fired the wide receivers coach? 

If play has been bad all the way around, isn’t that on the Coach? The same guy that fired the wide receivers coach? Sounds like, the problem is coaching then?

Edited by AU-24

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

If play has been bad all the way around, isn’t that on the Coach? The same guy that fired the wide receivers coach? Sounds like, the problem is coaching then?

Corn was a scapegoat plain and simple. Harsin also had the WR coach that he wanted in a support role so firing Corn was easy for Harsin. He now has his man in place so if the WRs still continue to struggle then we'll see if he has another scapegoat lined up to be fired.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Lol; What argument?

"He’ll be taking over a wide receiver position that has struggled to produce big plays "

So you just post random things that you don't agree with or do you agree with this?

• Thanks 1

There is no scapegoat.  

Harsin made the change because he needed to do it.  

Harsin is focused and has a plan and he will execute it to the best of his abilities.(while dealing with Auburn folks).

Harsin has already restructured the Football Department to get us out of the Dark Ages of Malzahn (D.A.M.)

Corn worked hard and did his job to the best of his abilities.

Harsin appreciated it, but it wasn't what he wanted moving forward with his coaching staff.

Once Harsin knew this, he made the change.   Making a firm, tough decision without hesitation.

There is no reason to go looking for a bad guy.  It just wasn't the right fit, good, strong leaders act swiftly.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Corn was a scapegoat plain and simple. Harsin also had the WR coach that he wanted in a support role so firing Corn was easy for Harsin. He now has his man in place so if the WRs still continue to struggle then we'll see if he has another scapegoat lined up to be fired.

He also had an OC he could have fired and promoted the same guy (Kiesau) into that role but he didnt. Has to be a reason for that and I dont think it has anything to do with needing a scapegoat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

It's also on experience. This is by far the least experienced group.  I'm not sure it is all on the coach, it might be, but "If play has been bad all the way around", then we have a lot of coaches that should be fired ASAP.

WRs have been open pretty consistently.  They've been missed deep and missed in other areas.  

I honestly don't think anyone here is a good judge of alignment/spacing/routes/etc and we have 1 single play out of 500 where we had 10 people on the field.

14 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

He also had an OC he could have fired and promoted the same guy (Kiesau) into that role but he didnt. Has to be a reason for that and I dont think it has anything to do with needing a scapegoat. 

You're gonna fire assistants before you fire your coordinators. I do think that Kiesau will be the OC before long the only question is will Bobo be fired midseason or will Harsin wait until the end of the season. You just can't objectively look at all of our position groups and their performance (since that's why Harsin said he fired Corn) and think that WRs have performed the worst. DL, DBs, OL, and QB have all performed worse considering the talent and experience.

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Yes, if he truly needed a scapegoat, it would have been Bobo.

He just wanted his homie on staff. But let's stop making all these make believe problems. I mean wr needed to get better, like everybody else. He wanted his guy, he fired the weakest guy that everybody would jump on. 

It's not a admirable alpha move though. Not even close. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He just wanted his homie on staff. But let's stop making all these make believe problems. I mean wr needed to get better, like everybody else. He wanted his guy, he fired the weakest guy that everybody would jump on. 

I think some get carried away because they are comparing him to Gus without realizing it. 

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

There is no scapegoat.  

Harsin made the change because he needed to do it.  

Harsin is focused and has a plan and he will execute it to the best of his abilities.(while dealing with Auburn folks).

Harsin has already restructured the Football Department to get us out of the Dark Ages of Malzahn (D.A.M.)

Corn worked hard and did his job to the best of his abilities.

Harsin appreciated it, but it wasn't what he wanted moving forward with his coaching staff.

Once Harsin knew this, he made the change.   Making a firm, tough decision without hesitation.

There is no reason to go looking for a bad guy.  It just wasn't the right fit, good, strong leaders act swiftly.

Nah man there’s an oppressor and oppressed. Good and bad guy. Don’t you exist in 2021? You should know this. 

• Haha 2

Last play of the game. Ten or eleven? Let's run with it though! Seriously though this is why I don't believe most of that talk.

20210930_102439.jpg

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think this is really the best answer.  It's one of many positions that have been bad.  It's one position where we had a truly capable replacement on staff.

one play i watched tj had to get a receiver in the game. it took 12 or 13 seconds and that is too much time to let the d figure out what sets you are in. also it is said by wde receiver spacing was wrong which effects blocking among other things. i like corn but if it is true troy ran a very simplistic passing game maybe he did struggle with harsins route tree. but when your team is mediocre you have to try and tighten things up. at the end of the day it is all harsins baby and his ass on the line. he moved damn near across country for this while taking his family away from their friends etc. we will see down the road if harsin did the right thing.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I think this is really the best answer.  It's one of many positions that have been bad.  It's one position where we had a truly capable replacement on staff.

We had a replacement OC on staff too. Why didnt we change that? I would have felt better if we did but he changed the receivers coach. At this moment I trust he had a good reason.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So guy has no idea what he's talking about

tweets.JPG

Why are people having such an issue grasping this concept. I mentioned this happening after the Alabama st game, happened again in the PSU game then got worse in the GSU game. This is a responsibility that solely falls on the position coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Why are people having such an issue grasping this concept. I mentioned this happening after the Alabama st game, happened again in the PSU game then got worse in the GSU game. This is a responsibility that solely falls on the position coach.

it defies logic to me. i know exactly why but cannot prove it.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

it defies logic to me. i know exactly why but cannot prove it.

And before someone mentions it yes there were 11 on the last play however we nearly got a delay of game on the same drive bc a guy was running in late.

• Like 1