The Athletic says Auburn is one of the hardest jobs in college football

aubiefifty

We have made a ton of self inflected mistakes the past 20 years.  3 times we had a chance to be the nation's dominate program and all three times the HC made some bone head mistakes in recruiting.  Frustrating.  

51 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Agree to a certain extent.   A KY football team going 8-4 and occasional 9-3, 10-2 and the fan base will be very happy 

I hope they make a NY6 Bowl because they were screwed over in 18 (I think). Committee chose Florida even though Kentucky owned the tiebreaker. 

19 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I hate this stupid narrative that Auburn fans are a bunch of whackos and we're two steps away from devolving into Lord of the Flies at all times. It's 2021. We just started our fourth coaching staff this century. Stop acting like we're running these guys off after three years. You know who's actually doing that? Tennessee, Arkansas, Florida State, and Texas. The problem is outlets like ESPN and al.com have been banging this drum for the last 15 years without actually talking to any Auburn fans about what their expectations are. Then they all repeat what they hear each other say like they came to this conclusion on their own when none of these jokers have an original thought in their heads. 

I tend to agree with your assessment. However, Auburn has lacked top to bottom alignment, as mentioned in the article. Alabama certainly has it, and most likely, Clemson and Georgia. Auburn has been beset with dysfunction in the good ol’ boys PTB network, each with their own agenda. This seems to spill over into the Board of Trustees.

The best example I have of this is delays in construction of much needed resources, and upgrades to existing but tired facilities. I suppose the delays were to punish perceived under performance, but serve only to make Auburn a harder sell.

With alignment Harsin will be highly successful, thereby keeping Auburn off the Tennessee treadmill. Just my 2 cents…

4 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

We have made a ton of self inflected mistakes the past 20 years.  3 times we had a chance to be the nation's dominate program and all three times the HC made some bone head mistakes in recruiting.  Frustrating.  

2004 and 2013, agreed. 2010 really wasn’t sustainable at all.