Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

Well, practically speaking, the mandate never really succeeded in forcing vaccinations on people who didn't want them.  In practical terms, it turned out to be more of a persuasion tactic than the sort of heavy handed use of legal coercion as you seem to think it was.

As a democracy, we are facing far more authoritarian threats than what you perceived to be associated with vaccine mandates.

Here's some interesting background reading on the matter:

https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/article/when-are-vaccine-mandates-appropriate/2020-01

When Are Vaccine Mandates Appropriate?

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/forefront.20220303.102051/

COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates At The Supreme Court: Scope And Limits Of Federal Authority

As for my body, my choice "way of thinking",  personal reproductive choices are one thing, vaccinations to prevent disease caused mass fatalities in our society are quite another.

The AMA article touches on something some of us on here said only to be told otherwise and that is many refused to get the vaccine because of the amount of pressure from some politicians and also how the side that was very very pro-vaccine tried to act like they were superior (or however you want to describe it.)

The article listed 4 criteria for a mandate and some of it would be subjective....how effective does the vaccine need to be? How bad does the spread of the particular disease have to be, etc. Which Covid-19 was shown to be deadliest for certain groups and that is where the focus on the vaccinations should have always been. 

Correct on the mandate though, it did not have much teeth. But, most people still give pause to it because of what some state's did to their citizens with lockdowns, masks, etc. We all know that this administration wanted to have full reign. The difference between an authoritarian government and one that is not these days seems to come down to what they are trying to implement.  

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Like 1

So in your opinion why is this vaccine not so impressive versus other vaccines?

If you are asking why I think it has been less effective, I covered that in some responses already. 

The AMA article touches on something some of us on here said only to be told otherwise and that is many refused to get the vaccine because of the amount of pressure from some politicians and also how the side that was very very pro-vaccine tried to act like they were superior (or however you want to describe it.)

So people were making personal health decisions based on the idea that they wanted to do the opposite of what politicians wanted them to do and because another group of people hurt their feelings, so they decided to not get the shot as a 'middle finger' to that group? 

Are we talking about adults here or kindergartners? 

I do have to say that I have some amount of respect for people who openly will admit they don't get the vaccine for political reasons, as opposed to all those who "did their own research" and think the vaccines have nanochips, cause sterility, 'shed' off to other people, will cause a future mass extinction, is a mark of Satan, etc etc. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

So people were making personal health decisions based on the idea that they wanted to do the opposite of what politicians wanted them to do and because another group of people hurt their feelings, so they decided to not get the shot as a 'middle finger' to that group? 

Are we talking about adults here or kindergartners?

I am pretty sure it was doing the opposite of what the politicians in the other party were trying to tell them what to do. But, yes the refusing the shot was a 'middle finger' and yes we are talking about adults here. That article Homer linked even touches on this as something that happens. Hell, I noticed it is what people were doing from the very beginning. My kids do the same thing when I try to get them to do something. 

I do have to say that I have some amount of respect for people who openly will admit they don't get the vaccine for political reasons, as opposed to all those who "did their own research" and think the vaccines have nanochips, cause sterility, 'shed' off to other people, will cause a future mass extinction, is a mark of Satan, etc etc. 

I still have respect for people that have reservations about the vaccine. In reality we don't know the long term side effects from the vaccines. So if one decides they don't want to get it, I am fine with that. Especially if it isn't near as effective as other vaccines. But, the ones that say Bill Gates is behind this and trying to control the population...........:ucrazy:

I’m not criticizing the medical community, I’m glad they are finally seeing the light.

Don't have long to respond, because I just got off the road, but I had to point this out...

Holy f**kballs. You really do think you know more than the experts, don't you? 

• Like 1

The article listed 4 criteria for a mandate and some of it would be subjective....how effective does the vaccine need to be? How bad does the spread of the particular disease have to be, etc. Which Covid-19 was shown to be deadliest for certain groups and that is where the focus on the vaccinations should have always been. 

Correct on the mandate though, it did not have much teeth. But, most people still give pause to it because of what some state's did to their citizens with lockdowns, masks, etc. We all know that this administration wanted to have full reign. The difference between an authoritarian government and one that is not these days seems to come down to what they are trying to implement.  

:rolleyes:

Maybe when something combining high infectiousness and lethality  - say the equivalent of an airborne Eboli or Marburg virus - I would hope your perspective might change on where the line between "authoritarianism" and prudent policies lies.

Maybe when something combining high infectiousness and lethality  - say the equivalent of an airborne Eboli or Marburg virus - I would hope your perspective might change on where the line between "authoritarianism" and prudent policies lies.

I know where it lies, it lies with me as the individual.  The CDC can educate the public, then it’s up to the individual. For a liberal you seem to be in favor of authoritarians running the country.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Don't have long to respond, because I just got off the road, but I had to point this out...

Holy f**kballs. You really do think you know more than the experts, don't you? 

No, as usual you have jumped to one of your more ridiculous conclusions.  I believe I have the right to decide my fate with the guidance of medical experts I trust.  Some of those that I trust had differing opinions about how the CDC and Biden were handling COVID.

Now it seems the medical community as a whole is learning to live with COVID and *seeing the light*.

• Facepalm 1

No, as usual you have jumped to one of your more ridiculous conclusions.  I believe I have the right to decide my fate with the guidance of medical experts I trust.  Some of those that I trust had differing opinions about how the CDC and Biden were handling COVID.

Now it seems the medical community as a whole is learning to live with COVID and *seeing the light*.

i think if people die from some bug or monkey pox or whatever if someone is stupid and reckless i have the right to make sure they do not wipe out the country or kill me because they do not think the vaccine has been tested enough. i am not talking covid but that day is coming when people will be forced to take medications or they will kill their neighbors and family and friends. i am not going to let someones stupidity kill me if i can help it. see how that works? so how do we get around that? and good grief that monkey pox looks like super herpes or something. mega zits. and what little i have seen it is very painful as well. so what is our solution?

• Like 2

So?  It was a work around that was disingenuous.  He can’t be anymore deceitful.

He wasn't deceitful. He was quite open about it. When one path closed, he went another route. You may not have agreed with it, but at least he was trying to do something.

No, Im not saying it not worth trying, what I am saying it is up to the individual to make that decision, not Brandon.

And here we go....again. In a world where people are given proper information and not influenced by political opportunists that don't care about them, that might actually work. That wasn't the case here, hence "misinformation" and a bunch of people who simply wanted to ignore what was in their, and the rest of the country's, best interest health-wise. As stated a few posts above, it was a big middle finger simply because they didn't like who the advice, information, and mandates were coming from.

I'm sure you'll say that because I supported mandates that I love authoritarianism. We've been over this, as well. When it comes to public health, government understandably has a much wider latitude to operate. It is in some ways similar to war powers, because the situation can change rapidly, many lives can be at risk, and time is often of the essence.

I disagreed with his methods, but I got the vaccine anyway as, at the time, it was the prudent thing to do given I would not get the virus or spread the virus as promised.  That didn’t turn out to be true, like a lot of things he says.

Wait a minute, you're saying you got the vaccine because you believed you'd be 100% protected? You didn't trust Biden to begin with, so stop with the BS. 

Are you disagreeing with the source or do you not believe what Clay Travis reports, because the law suit is real.  It’s only misinformation because Brandon and his cronies labeled is so and got social media to go along with it.  The law suit may not amount to much but it could effect future administrations from controlling the narrative.  Thank God the Ministry of Truth didn’t get off the ground.

I'm saying I can't believe you pay attention to Clay Travis. The guy is on one of the faster downward spirals I've seen. He's always been a pompous ass, but then his sports radio show steadily became more political and unhinged. He's an attention whore who does anything to promote himself. A stable person does not go from voting for Barack Obama twice and never having voted for a Republican, to voting for Donald Trump.

You changed the timeline when you said you haven’t called for the vaccine to be mandatory NOW.  You might not have called for it to be mandatory, but there were posters on here angry at anyone that was not vaccinated and one even said they would not be sorry if all the unvaccinated died.  The ONLY reason it isn’t mandatory now is because of the SCOTUS, not because of Brandon and his administration.

Let's recap: this entire new string started when you ridiculed Biden and his actions after he tested positive again.. This ignores the fact he was vaccinated very early on, when it was much more effective at preventing infection. You're viewing his previous actions through the lens of the vaccine's effectiveness now, therefore, changing the timeline.

If anyone is pushing for new mandates, please show me.

Again, I got the jab, so I did take precautions and got back to living my life by not living in fear of the virus.

You keep saying you weren't living your life in fear. You say it a lot.

You still believe the CDC will make recommendation based on science?

Yep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're absolutely right! What a ridiculous conclusion for me to say you think you're more knowledgeable than the experts after you say they've been doing things wrong! How absurd of me!

Please allow me to correct myself. You think that the medical experts you trust have more knowledge than the medical community as a whole. You clever devil, you. Care to share what their exact opinions were? What positions they hold? Are any of them Democrats?

By the way, how does one jump to a "more" ridiculous conclusion "as usual?" If it's usual, then it can't be "more" ridiculous than the majority of the others. Maths and stuff.

• Like 2

i think if people die from some bug or monkey pox or whatever if someone is stupid and reckless i have the right to make sure they do not wipe out the country or kill me because they do not think the vaccine has been tested enough. i am not talking covid but that day is coming when people will be forced to take medications or they will kill their neighbors and family and friends. i am not going to let someones stupidity kill me if i can help it. see how that works? so how do we get around that? and good grief that monkey pox looks like super herpes or something. mega zits. and what little i have seen it is very painful as well. so what is our solution?

You mentioned Monkeypox; do you know this has been declared a national health emergency by the Biden Administration?

During COVID, the national health emergency required all of America to shelter in place for 15 days to slow the spread as it was an airborne contagion.

Monkeypox, on the other hand, is spread by skin to skin exposure over an extended time.  There is no edict to shelter in place, or even stop skin to skin exposure over an extended period of time.  The CDC just says *be careful out there*.

I am not concerned about Monkeypox because I only have extended skin to skin contact with my wife of 48 years and I do not worry that I will contract it from the people I shake hands with or a quick hug.

The point is the CDC had no idea how to handle COVID and went to the extreme at first.  This, along with the media coverage, created a deep concern about COVID.  For some reason, even though Monkeypox is a national health emergency, there is no extreme measure the CDC is willing to take.

If you will remember, in June of 2020 while the riots were taking place (a short two months after the shelter in place order was lifted) and concern was high with transmission of COVID with close contact with other people, the medical community wrote an open letter stating protesting racial discrimination was worth the risk of spreading COVID.  NYC, while contact tracing was a thing, instructed the tracers not to ask the people that contracted COVID if they were at any protests.

The CDC and the medical community has prioritized politics over science.  They sugar coat everything and do not give us good, down to earth solutions to live by.  It is up to the individual to protect themselves with all available information they can get.

This is from the California Department of Public Health:

We have also amassed a great deal of information regarding who is at risk. As of August 2, California’s Department of Public Health has reported that among its approximately 1,135 statewide cases of monkeypox, 14 have been hospitalized for the infection, with the vast majority of patients being aged between 25 and 44 years. From among the monkeypox cases with available data, 98.8% have been reported in male or transgender male individuals, with 97.2% of infected individuals identifying as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. Given this information, California’s public health website states: “While it’s good to stay alert about emerging public health outbreaks, the current risk of getting monkeypox in the general public is very low.”

You might want to curb your time with DKW for awhile.  :poke:

• Facepalm 1

You mentioned Monkeypox; do you know this has been declared a national health emergency by the Biden Administration?

During COVID, the national health emergency required all of America to shelter in place for 15 days to slow the spread as it was an airborne contagion.

Monkeypox, on the other hand, is spread by skin to skin exposure over an extended time.  There is no edict to shelter in place, or even stop skin to skin exposure over an extended period of time.  The CDC just says *be careful out there*.

I am not concerned about Monkeypox because I only have extended skin to skin contact with my wife of 48 years and I do not worry that I will contract it from the people I shake hands with or a quick hug.

The point is the CDC had no idea how to handle COVID and went to the extreme at first.  This, along with the media coverage, created a deep concern about COVID.  For some reason, even though Monkeypox is a national health emergency, there is no extreme measure the CDC is willing to take.

If you will remember, in June of 2020 while the riots were taking place (a short two months after the shelter in place order was lifted) and concern was high with transmission of COVID with close contact with other people, the medical community wrote an open letter stating protesting racial discrimination was worth the risk of spreading COVID.  NYC, while contact tracing was a thing, instructed the tracers not to ask the people that contracted COVID if they were at any protests.

The CDC and the medical community has prioritized politics over science.  They sugar coat everything and do not give us good, down to earth solutions to live by.  It is up to the individual to protect themselves with all available information they can get.

This is from the California Department of Public Health:

We have also amassed a great deal of information regarding who is at risk. As of August 2, California’s Department of Public Health has reported that among its approximately 1,135 statewide cases of monkeypox, 14 have been hospitalized for the infection, with the vast majority of patients being aged between 25 and 44 years. From among the monkeypox cases with available data, 98.8% have been reported in male or transgender male individuals, with 97.2% of infected individuals identifying as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. Given this information, California’s public health website states: “While it’s good to stay alert about emerging public health outbreaks, the current risk of getting monkeypox in the general public is very low.”

You might want to curb your time with DKW for awhile.  :poke:

if you will allow me to borrow a couple hundred bucks i will buy me a body condom. david is too pretty to have the monkey herpes..........lol

• Haha 1

if you will allow me to borrow a couple hundred bucks i will buy me a body condom. david is too pretty to have the monkey herpes..........lol

As the CDC recommends: *be careful out there*. 🤣

As the CDC recommends: *be careful out there*. 🤣

i noticed you left out the hundred bucks.............

• Like 1

To my point about CDC sugar coating things and not telling the truth.  If you are obese you are at a greater risk of dying from COVID, heart disease and a few other not so nice things.

While I don’t believe we need 87,000 armed school officers….trying to figure why we need 87,000 more IRS agents. Agents that need to be armed. 🤔

That seems a little extreme and dare I say authoritarian since so many of y’all like to throw that around. Guess he has to pay for all that crap in his bill that has nothing to do with reducing inflation. 🤣

BF182627-2D35-424C-9D9D-6A718A4F1690.jpeg

449DEEC2-5615-4CE9-8C7C-86342EC284C5.jpeg

• Like 1

While I don’t believe we need 87,000 armed school officers….trying to figure why we need 87,000 more IRS agents. Agents that need to be armed. 🤔

That seems a little extreme and dare I say authoritarian since so many of y’all like to throw that around. Guess he has to pay for all that crap in his bill that has nothing to do with reducing inflation. 🤣

BF182627-2D35-424C-9D9D-6A718A4F1690.jpeg

449DEEC2-5615-4CE9-8C7C-86342EC284C5.jpeg

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/irs-faces-online-uproar-special-agent-job-posting-requiring-ability-use-deadly-force-necessary

Even Fox Freaking News will give you context on this. 

This job posting is for "Criminal Investigation Special Agents" A  law enforcement job for the IRS. 

This is not the job posting or requirement for regular IRS office staff or for all of the 87,000 new hires. 

This is also a standard requirement that is copy/pasted to all federal law enforcement job postings across the government. This isn't a new posting or a new job, the IRS law enforcement wing has existed for a long time. 

I saw a bunch of gullible Conservatives on Facebook posting this picture saying that this is the job posting for all 87,000 new IRS jobs and being all up in arms because they can't spend 2 minuets to do a google search and learn anything about what is actually going on, which is par for the course.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/irs-faces-online-uproar-special-agent-job-posting-requiring-ability-use-deadly-force-necessary

Even Fox Freaking News will give you context on this. 

This job posting is for "Criminal Investigation Special Agents" A  law enforcement job for the IRS. 

This is not the job posting or requirement for regular IRS office staff or for all of the 87,000 new hires. 

This is also a standard requirement that is copy/pasted to all federal law enforcement job postings across the government. This isn't a new posting or a new job, the IRS law enforcement wing has existed for a long time. 

I saw a bunch of gullible Conservatives on Facebook posting this picture saying that this is the job posting for all 87,000 new IRS jobs and being all up in arms because they can't spend 2 minuets to do a google search and learn anything about what is actually going on, which is par for the course.

I figured they were going to be going out breaking kneecaps to come up with the money to pay for the pork in that bill. 🤣

I figured they were going to be going out breaking kneecaps to come up with the money to pay for the pork in that bill. 🤣

Do you have any examples of that "pork"?

• 2 weeks later...