Biden Admin Gave NSBA President Viola Garcia Plum Education Appointment Two Days After She Issued Bogus ‘Domestic Terrorism’ Letter

DKW 86

Biden Admin Gave School Board Organization President Plum Education Appointment Two Days After She Issued Bogus ‘Domestic Terrorism’ Letter

https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/25/biden-admin-gave-school-board-organization-president-plum-education-appointment-two-days-after-she-issued-bogus-domestic-terrorism-letter/

I kept wandering why the head of the head of the NSBA was an Interim, the BS meter was going off in my head. So, I started to dig a little bit...Well, here you go with THE ANSWER...Just so you get the point here: Viola Garcia, while president of the NSBA, ramrodded the now fully debunked "Domestic Terrorism" letter to the DOJ. She was immediately rewarded for this with a job inside the Biden Administration. IMMEDIATELY REWARDED.

The Biden administration and the National School Boards Association have been in hot water since news broke that the two had colluded to use “domestic terrorism” laws to wage a war on parents concerned about school coronavirus policies and left-wing curricula. The plot thickened on Monday with the revelation that the administration rewarded the NSBA’s president with a cushy education appointment just two days after she sent the infamous letter.

Purportedly to “deal with the growing number of threats of violence and acts of intimidation occurring across the nation,” the NSBA sent a letter to the Biden White House on Sept. 29 begging the president to deploy law enforcement and invoke domestic terrorism laws against concerned parents, including the father of a girl who had allegedly been raped in a school bathroom by a boy in a skirt.

Just two days later on Oct. 1, NSBA President Viola Garcia began her tenure on the National Assessment Governing Board, a pivotal position within the education bureaucracy as the board decides which questions are asked on Nation’s Report Card assessment tests, which help determine federal education policies.

Garcia was one of five board members appointed by Biden’s Education Secretary Miguel Cardona, as The Washington Free Beacon first reported. Biden’s Department of Education kept these appointments hush-hush for nearly two weeks until it finally sent out a press release announcing the appointees on Oct. 13.

The Biden administration appointing Garcia to the plum education post comes immediately after she and her colleagues at the NSBA colluded with the Democrat administration, which raises suspicions about whether the appointment fulfilled a presidential quid pro quo. Emails obtained and released last week by Parents Defending Education through the Freedom of Information Act revealed that the head honchos at the NSBA had actually been working with the Biden White House before the national school board group sent its official letter requesting a federal crackdown on parents, which would have mutually benefited both parties.

In a Sept. 29 email to the board, National School Boards Association CEO Chip Slaven said there had been “talks over the last several weeks with White House staff” who “requested additional information on some of the specific threats, so the letter also details many of the incidents that have been occurring.”

Garcia penned an email to the board on Oct. 2 saying the NSBA had communicated with the White House “for several weeks” to collect examples of parents protesting against local school boards.

“We felt compelled to say something when we started hearing about the threats, harassment, and acts of intimidation at school board meetings,” Garcia wrote one day after beginning her tenure at the National Assessment Governing Board.

Despite most of the incidents the NSBA cited in its letter to justify federal intervention not having escalated to arrests or charges by even local law enforcement, Attorney General Merrick Garland directed the FBI and state attorneys to address “a disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence against school administrators, board members, teachers, and staff who participate in the vital work of running our nation’s public schools,” a spike that Garland later admitted in congressional testimony was based on the bogus NSBA letter, not on real evidence.

In an Oct. 2 email, Garcia attempted to justify her actions, saying the “pattern of threats and violence occurring across state lines and via online platforms” rapidly required “the federal government’s assistance.”

After receiving sharp blowback from parents, conservative media, GOP lawmakers, and state school board associations that condemned the “domestic terrorism” letter and said they had not been consulted or notified about it, the NSBA expressed “regret” for sending it and noted “there was no justification.”

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

• DKW 86 changed the title to Biden Admin Gave NSBA President Viola Garcia Plum Education Appointment Two Days After She Issued Bogus ‘Domestic Terrorism’ Letter

QUID PRO QUO...

This is how totally corrupt pols do business in Washington DC...Just remember this, you will see more and more of this in DC

BOTH PARTIES.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You so funny....

Thanks!

So really it just comes down to, is the logic flawed or just the ability to understand the logic?

• Thanks 1

"Colluded" "Quid-pro-quo" " corruption" 

lol 

Guys, did you even look at the source here? this is The Federalist. It's a Right wing opinion website that just peddles conspiracies and culture war memes. Even Fox News was able to report on this story without all the hyperbole and exaggeration. 

Don't take it all so seriously. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 4:35 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

"Colluded" "Quid-pro-quo" " corruption" 

lol 

Guys, did you even look at the source here? this is The Federalist. It's a Right wing opinion website that just peddles conspiracies and culture war memes. Even Fox News was able to report on this story without all the hyperbole and exaggeration. 

Don't take it all so seriously. 

Yea! It is true...but look who pointed it out....LMMFAO....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Yea! It is true...but look who pointed it out....LMMFAO....

I've always heard to attack the opinion not the source...

• Thanks 2

One name.  Betsy DeVos

Qualifications to be education secretary:  Daddy is a billionaire. Husband is Amway CEO. Brother started Blackwater USA, the private military organization that has sucked more money out of the federal government than any firm that doesn't build weapons known to mankind.  Their CIA contract alone is over $100 million annually.

I still don't know how this is proof of some corruption.  The President is within his right to call the AG and request that he look into a spike in this sort of unrest, regardless of whether or not local authorities request assistance.  Therefore, I find it hard to believe that any kind of deal would be brokered to give someone a job in the education dept.  It just doesn't add up.

Edited by AU9377

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

One name.  Betsy DeVos

Qualifications to be education secretary:  Daddy is a billionaire. Husband is Amway CEO. Brother started Blackwater USA, the private military organization that has sucked more money out of the federal government than any firm that doesn't build weapons known to mankind.  Their CIA contract alone is over $100 million annually.

I still don't know how this is proof of some corruption.  The President is within his right to call the AG and request that he look into a spike in this sort of unrest, regardless of whether or not local authorities request assistance.  Therefore, I find it hard to believe that any kind of deal would be brokered to give someone a job in the education dept.  It just doesn't add up.

Who exactly was talking about Devos? Did anyone on this thread support her? I dont think so. 

This thread is about Viola Garcia, Biden Admin Staffers, and how they colluded to bogusly tie Domestic Terrorism to Concerned Parents. Garcia was IMMEDIATELY REWARDED with a new job in the Biden Admin. It was QUID PRO QUO. It is corruption. They did this to bring the DOJ in to discourage protests at School Board meetings. This was heavy handedness at its worst and handed the Republicans an issue you are going to hear about all during the 2022 Elections and maybe into 2024. 

DTP, CRT, CPADT, INFLATION, SCM MESS...How is the DOJ going to make any of that better?

On 11/3/2021 at 7:21 AM, DKW 86 said:

Who exactly was talking about Devos? Did anyone on this thread support her? I dont think so. 

This thread is about Viola Garcia, Biden Admin Staffers, and how they colluded to bogusly tie Domestic Terrorism to Concerned Parents. Garcia was IMMEDIATELY REWARDED with a new job in the Biden Admin. It was QUID PRO QUO. It is corruption. They did this to bring the DOJ in to discourage protests at School Board meetings. This was heavy handedness at its worst and handed the Republicans an issue you are going to hear about all during the 2022 Elections and maybe into 2024. 

DTP, CRT, CPADT, INFLATION, SCM MESS...How is the DOJ going to make any of that better?

Giving an appointment to someone is not proof of corruption.  There has been outlandish behavior at some of the school board meetings.  What do you call threatening the life of a doctor because he spoke in favor of mask mandates at a school where his children attend?  That is bat s*** crazy and it does need to be pointed out as an example of how not to behave.

I hated the Betsy Devoss appointment, but it wasn't corruption.  It was just sleazy politics.  Similar to making a large donation to a PAC and in return being appointed ambassador to the EU or something of that sort.  My point was that the President didn't need a letter from a group in order to call the DOJ and request that they look into the matter.

I get that you think everyone associated with government is corrupt.   I would be the first to agree that greed and corruption are destroying this country.  However, I am also practical.  We have a two party system.  When you refuse to support either, you effectively have no voice.  I don't consider myself to be  a Republican or Democrat, but after what I witnessed after Obama was elected thru the past election, it is clear that not supporting one over the other only results in the worst candidate being more likely to win a race/

Edited by AU9377

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Giving an appointment to someone is not proof of corruption. 

No, but giving out appt two days after favor was done...thats pretty obvious it was corruption.

There has been outlandish behavior at some of the school board meetings.  What do you call threatening the life of a doctor because he spoke in favor of mask mandates at a school where his children attend?  That is bat s*** crazy and it does need to be pointed out as an example of how not to behave.

Reprehensible! AND THE LOCAL AND STATE AUTHORITIES CAN< WILL< AND SHOULD HANDLE THAT.

I hated the Betsy Devoss appointment, but it wasn't corruption.  It was just sleazy politics.  Similar to making a large donation to a PAC and in return being appointed ambassador to the EU or something of that sort. 

Agreed

My point was that the President didn't need a letter from a group in order to call the DOJ and request that they look into the matter.

uhhh, yes he does. The DOJ is only allowed to act when there is a problem across state lines. There isnt any problem across state lines. It is all being handled very well by state and local authorities. The DOJ is only allowed to act in INTERSTATE  AFFAIRS, not Intrastate  State Affairs.

I get that you think everyone associated with government is corrupt.   I would be the first to agree that greed and corruption are destroying this country.  However, I am also practical.  We have a two party system.  When you refuse to support either, you effectively have no voice.  I don't consider myself to be  a Republican or Democrat, but after what I witnessed after Obama was elected thru the past election, it is clear that not supporting one over the other only results in the worst candidate being more likely to win a race/

I desperately want a 3rd, 4th, or 5th party. That way we have some competition to straighten out the two party mess. 

I was with the Republicans for 25 years. They cant tell the truth if they had to. Dems are the same, maybe a .05 better. 

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

They cant tell the truth if they had to. Dems are the same, maybe a .05 better. 

You have got to be kidding.  I am not defending the Republicans here, but how can you say this after almost 10 months of Biden lies and contradictions? If you can determine 1/2 of a % in you lie detector, good for you.  It appears one party lies as much as the other, it just varies by who is in charge at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I desperately want a 3rd, 4th, or 5th party. That way we have some competition to straighten out the two party mess. 

I was with the Republicans for 25 years. They cant tell the truth if they had to. Dems are the same, maybe a .05 better. 

I agree.  Australia diversified their party system a few years ago and it seems to work better than before.  I'm just not certain that we can do that until/unless we have a system of public funding of campaigns. The British, Australians and French all have some form of public political campaign funding with limits and provide equal air time etc.  It is much more complicated than that I realize, but it is worth a look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

You have got to be kidding.  I am not defending the Republicans here, but how can you say this after almost 10 months of Biden lies and contradictions? If you can determine 1/2 of a % in you lie detector, good for you.  It appears one party lies as much as the other, it just varies by who is in charge at the moment.

There is a significant distinction between an intentional misrepresentation and a projection that doesn't come to fruition or getting a detail wrong that doesn't have a material impact on the topic being discussed.  To pretend that the current President undertakes the kind of con games that the prior did daily is simply to promote a fairy tale of deceit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is a significant distinction between an intentional misrepresentation and a projection that doesn't come to fruition or getting a detail wrong that doesn't have a material impact on the topic being discussed.  To pretend that the current President undertakes the kind of con games that the prior did daily is simply to promote a fairy tale of deceit.

He promised to stay in Afghanistan until all US citizens that wanted to leave were out, he said all his military advisors we with him on how to leave Afghanistan. He said he could end the pandemic (it still has to be a pandemic to end it, it looks more like an endemic now).  We will retaliate ISIS-K for the 13 Marines killed and proceeds to kill a family of 10, 7 being children.  I will not institute a vaccine mandate.  Giving illegal aliens $450,000 is garbage, not going to happen and his assistant press secretary states otherwise.

Everyday he says something that is not true.  I guess your lie detector is broken.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He promised to stay in Afghanistan until all US citizens that wanted to leave were out, he said all his military advisors we with him on how to leave Afghanistan. He said he could end the pandemic (it still has to be a pandemic to end it, it looks more like an endemic now).  We will retaliate ISIS-K for the 13 Marines killed and proceeds to kill a family of 10, 7 being children.  I will not institute a vaccine mandate.  Giving illegal aliens $450,000 is garbage, not going to happen and his assistant press secretary states otherwise.

Everyday he says something that is not true.  I guess your lie detector is broken.

Your facts aren't exactly objective.  He has clearly stated that nobody will paid $450,000.  Changing your mind for the benefit of the country with respect to vaccines is not a lie.  A campaign pledge to end the pandemic is also not lie.  It may be an unachievable goal, especially with the right wing nuts that will do anything to cast doubt on every measure put forth to control it, but not a lie.

He did misrepresent some of the details surrounding our Afghanistan withdrawal, but he was consistent regarding the withdrawal and steadfast on preventing any more American lives being wasted in that arm pit of the planet.  Trump pledged our withdrawal how many times?

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Your facts aren't exactly objective.  He has clearly stated that nobody will paid $450,000.  Changing your mind for the benefit of the country with respect to vaccines is not a lie.  A campaign pledge to end the pandemic is also not lie.  It may be an unachievable goal, especially with the right wing nuts that will do anything to cast doubt on every measure put forth to control it, but not a lie.

He did misrepresent some of the details surrounding our Afghanistan withdrawal, but he was consistent regarding the withdrawal and steadfast on preventing any more American lives being wasted in that arm pit of the planet.  Trump pledged our withdrawal how many times?

He has clearly stated that nobody will [be] paid $450,000.

The ACLU begs to differ.

ACLU suggests Biden out to lunch over $450K migrant separation payouts

https://nypost.com/2021/11/03/aclu-suggests-biden-out-to-lunch-over-450k-migrant-payouts/

By the way, there were no deaths in Afghanistan for 18 months prior to the 13 Marines that lost their lives due to incompetence.

Does *Mexico will pay for the wall* on the same level as *ending the pandemic*?

As to the right being nut cases; do you still have your *resistance is being  patriotic* and you’re *coexist* bumper stickers?

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The ACLU begs to differ.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/03/aclu-suggests-biden-out-to-lunch-over-450k-migrant-payouts/

By the way, there were no deaths in Afghanistan for 18 months prior to the 13 Marines that lost their lives due to incompetence.

As to the right being nut cases; do you still have your *resistance is being  patriotic* and you’re *coexist* bumper stickers?

The far right and the far left are both littered with nut cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@AU9377can anything top this?

Biden knew about this while he was VP.

The only thing Durham has done, other than waste money, is conclude that someone lied to the FBI when questioned.  He hasn't even gotten a conviction there.  Glad that you "know" what other people knew and when.  By the way, there were valid reasons to question what was going on.  Then again, you still think that Trump never wanted the Ukraine to go after his political rival, even though all the testimony says that is exactly what happened.

One thing is clear.  This country won't get anything done because half of the voters worship at the church of Fox news Entertainment.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

The ACLU begs to differ.

Ending the pandemic isn't even on the same level as "your healthcare will be better than ever" and other random lines of bull****.  One is an aspirational goal that many of you do all you can to make certain doesn't happen and the other is poppy cock without a plan at all.

• Like 1