Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

Ole Miss is about to score two TDs on A&M. we couldn’t even get one. 

Edited by fishepa

19 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So who is gonna get fired first BoBo or Mason? Also if either gets fired I really hope we go out and actually get some good coordinators and not good ol boys that Harsin knows cause if he does that he definitely won't be here very long. Eff BOBO especially right now Im so sick of him and his s***ty playcalling he needs to be fired tonight IMO.  He was brought on for recruiting and not doing a very good job of it so... Please just fire his ass. 

You don't have to agree honestly I don't care either way I'm just so freaking pissed that we lost the way we did and to top it off it was against freaking MSST I'm just done with this s***ty offense. 

are you serious? how much leeway bobo has in play calling we do not know right? and harsin is a O guy and bobo was hired to run stuff in line with or exactly what harsin wants on O. if i am head coach and my butt is on the line he best be running what i want. but we shall see in the off season. but my point is what about bobo's son being recruited to auburn? we need them and they say he has a mean streak. so it will be interesting to see what happens after the season and recruiting is over.

Just now, fishepa said:

Ole Miss is about to score two TDs on Ole Miss. we couldn’t even get one. 

How does that work exactly? Are they playing there 2nd string tonight?😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So who is gonna get fired first BoBo or Mason? Also if either gets fired I really hope we go out and actually get some good coordinators and not good ol boys that Harsin knows cause if he does that he definitely won't be here very long. Eff BOBO especially right now Im so sick of him and his s***ty playcalling he needs to be fired tonight IMO.  He was brought on for recruiting and not doing a very good job of it so... Please just fire his ass. 

You don't have to agree honestly I don't care either way I'm just so freaking pissed that we lost the way we did and to top it off it was against freaking MSST I'm just done with this s***ty offense. 

So I am just going to say this……we need to make sure that coaches are at Auburn because they want to coach at Auburn, and not just to pick up a big paycheck. We also need coaches that know the game, know how to develop players and are ready for the SEC West competition level.  Not hire them because they are the next big name on the coaching list. I feel like many of our coaches over the last few years are just mercenaries, chasing promotions and dollars. Maybe that is just reality of the game today.  It was absolutely time for Gus to go, but he at least wanted to be here. 

Edited by tigerrules

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

are you serious? how much leeway bobo has in play calling we do not know right? and harsin is a O guy and bobo was hired to run stuff in line with or exactly what harsin wants on O. if i am head coach and my butt is on the line he best be running what i want. but we shall see in the off season. but my point is what about bobo's son being recruited to auburn? we need them and they say he has a mean streak. so it will be interesting to see what happens after the season and recruiting is over.

I'm pretty sure Harsin has some input but Harsin doesn't seem like Gus to me on that aspect that Bobo doesn't get a say but idk for sure I'm not in the booth lol. Im just trying to say he needs to go and get a decent OFC in here not one who has a proven track record of not being able to do his damn job. 

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I think the Great Little Nickie went 6-6 his first year

Harsin ≠ Saban. 

I repeat, Harsin ≠ Saban. 

1 minute ago, tigerrules said:

So I am just going to say this……we need to make sure that coaches are at Auburn because they want to coach at Auburn, and not just pick up a big paycheck. We also need coaches that know the game, know how to develop players and are ready for the SEC West competition level.  Not hire them because they are the next big name on the coaching list. I feel like many of our coaches over the last few years are just mercenaries, chasing promotions and dollars. Maybe that is just reality of the game today.  It was absolutely time for Gus to go, but he at least wanted to be here. 

What? That doesn't make since? You go after the best guy you can and hope they work out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I was only making the point that he was trying to blame the stupid 2pt conversion on Bo bcause he supposedly lied about being hurt. Total idiotic assumption and and an extreme lame attempt to blame a player for a coach's dumbassery. No player worth his mettle is just gonna take himself out if he thinks he can play.

i was not jumping you at all. i am confused about bobo. a ton of people say he sucks and others seem to think he is the right fit at the right time for coaching up qb's and all that. i was just saying it is harsins call because i saw an assistant coach try to change a player without the head coaches approval and got dressed down on it. it was in the sports news but my memory is getting worse as i cannot remember who it was.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I was only making the point that he was trying to blame the stupid 2pt conversion on Bo bcause he supposedly lied about being hurt. Total idiotic assumption and and an extreme lame attempt to blame a player for a coach's dumbassery. No player worth his mettle is just gonna take himself out if he thinks he can play.

I didn't blame that play on Bo lol. You are reaching HARD. I'm simply saying you don't know what was said by the training staff or Bo himself about how bad the injury actually was. The calls are based on not only what the OC is seeing from the box but also the info getting passed up to them from on the field. But by all means keep resorting to insults when you are faced with a point you don't like. 

24 minutes ago, lala said:

I remember one in the first half for around 5 but that’s it.  Are we thinking he was hurt before today 

I do. Play calls show it. Also looked like "Hayel Thate!" figured it out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

What? That doesn't make since? You go after the best guy you can and hope they work out. 

you are both right. coach boom comes to mind as a mercenary or using us until something better comes along. he cares little for auburn. he makes a big deal out of beating us. he stayed a year and bolted when he got a chance too. but lord i wish we had some of the badass recruits like he got for us in one season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I don't recall seeing Bo pull down the ball and take any intentional runs today, early or late- in many moments where he would've gashed them. So when exactly was he hurt?

O-line + CDM need to GTFO

He got hurt on the long pass to JJ. Pocket

collapsed and got tackled around the ankles

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I do. Play calls show it. Also looked like "Hayel Thate!" figured it out. 

bo i think got injured at penn state and played hurt against ga state. he mentioned it in one of his clips this year and played it off like it was nothing big. i think maybe it was thus we get good bo and bad bo. nothing else makes much sense to me.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are both right. coach boom comes to mind as a mercenary or using us until something better comes along. he cares little for auburn. he makes a big deal out of beating us. he stayed a year and bolted when he got a chance too. but lord i wish we had some of the badass recruits like he got for us in one season.

I don't love Auburn because of a coach, we are gonna go through coaches I just want the damn best coach we can get, I honestly don't care if they stay long at all, if they get a HC job that's means they were doing something great at Auburn and we just need the next man up and Bobo is not it he needs to go. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Love 1

This might be one of the most disappointing and deflating losses I can remember in my 57 years. 

Heard someone say today was as disappointing as the loss to FSU in the NC game.  I disagree.  At least after the NC game we had a sense of hope and thought this was the start of something great.  Didn't turn out that way, but even after last week I still felt like we were heading in the right direction.  Today I'm not so sure.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Do you honestly think he's going to get another HC gig?

17 minutes ago, fishepa said:

A&M is getting smashed by Ole Miss and all we could muster was a lousy 3 points. #theHarsineffect 

Just now, auelvis87 said:

This might be one of the most disappointing and deflating losses I can remember in my 57 years. 

Heard someone say today was as disappointing as the loss to FSU in the NC game.  I disagree.  At least after the NC game we had a sense of hope and thought this was the start of something great.  Didn't turn out that way, but even after last week I still felt like we were heading in the right direction.  Today I'm not so sure.  

Exactly what I felt. This was a major head scratcher and just ripped my guts out. Hard to explain the feeling. We’ve seemingly had a pretty good year but this loss tarnishes it a bit. A gut punch for sure. Sad😔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I don't love Auburn because of a coach, we are gonna go through coaches I just want the damn best coach we can get, I honestly don't care if they stay long at all, if they get a HC job that's means they were doing something great at Auburn and we just need the next man up and Bobo is not it he needs to go. 

i agree two thousand percent. at 66 i am desperate for the good times. i am afraid i will be gone and not get to see them. sad but true.................

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i agree two thousand percent. at 66 i am desperate for the good times. i am afraid i will be gone and not get to see them. sad but true.................

I'm not 66 but Im right there with you right now I desperately just want Auburn to be great and I hate seeing us not be. It sucks because we know we can be and wouldn't take much to do it but yet here we are losing to GD Moo State( I cannot stand losing to either Mississippi schools because I don't think we should sure every once in a while it will happen I get that but not this way this isnt supposed to happen not lose this way.)

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, fishepa said:

The Ole Miss game is just pissing me off more.  We'd be back in control of our destiny if we finished the job today.

42 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Then you missed the post game locker room celebrations after LSU, Arky, and OM. They were plenty connected to him then. And he is difficult to work for. So is every great military and corporate leader I’ve worked for in my career. Ask former AU players if Coach Dye was easy to work or play for. Today was a step back in a foundational year, no question. But it’s fair to give him time to set his culture and roster. Then we can judge him.

I saw them. And I still think he is not really closely connected with this team. He is more reserved. That's fine if that is who he is and if he can still recruit well.

Being difficult is not an asset like you think....especially with the kids who are being recruited now. Things are different in today's world. But being a jackazz has never been a good trait. It's just that in the past more people were willing to put up with it. That doesn't work anymore.

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

No idea if this is true or not, but it raises the question: if he’s so hard to work for why did so many of his assistants and off field staff move from Boise to follow him? And some of the on field staff took lesser roles at AU to remain with him. 

those are great points i had not considered. sometimes being hard to work for is not a bad thing if you are not mistreating anyone. i have high hopes for harsin and altho i am baffled about today we do not know all the reasons and he is going to say very little. but this is his first year and i expect much better down the road. and i want him to learn from his mistakes if and when he makes them. the man left a cushy job to come down here for a chance to compete for natty's and that part i did notice. i believe on the auburn board on the rant some sports writer just gave him hell but a lot of it seemed off. but for the record i am a harsin guy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm not 66 but Im right there with you right now I desperately just want Auburn to be great and I hate seeing us not be. It sucks because we know we can be and wouldn't take much to do it but yet here we are losing to GD Moo State( I cannot stand losing to either Mississippi schools because I don't think we should sure every once in a while it will happen I get that but not this way this isnt supposed to happen not lose this way.)

well some say leach is the best O guy in the country. shrugs. it is year one. it is still hard but i am thinking at least we did not lose to mullins today which would have made me lose it. i cannot stand that lying sack of garbage or his wife. they smeared cam and i have not forgotten.

• Like 1