Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

Hm. Some troubling injury rumors coming around the bend late this evening. I won't spread them, but there's chatter on Twitter, you can go see for yourself if you're interested. Bout to get even harder from here on out, if true.

Interesting rules conundrum...I know we don't post rumors...but can we post rumors of rumors?

If it is about BO, there is already a thread on it. 

Pretty disappointing.  I've seen Auburn come out unprepared in a game and lose badly...but to come out and get ahead 28-3 and then completely collapse on both sides of the ball; that's a new one.  Giving Miss State unlimited time to pass.  How do you set in a coaches meeting, and make the determination to give a Mike Leach coached team unlimited time to throw and all nod at each other and go "yeah, that's the ticket".   Once it becomes apparent it will be your undoing; you change it of course, right?!?!?  Nah...change is for chumps.  

Just too many head scratchers to list.  

16 hours ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Bruh.....where you been? People as a whole don't want to have real discussion. They just want their bias or egos blown up. It's sad really. 

It’s true. And it’s an odd result of social media, a tool that should facilitate discussion. Instead, everyone gets a microphone, but not everyone is ready for the feedback when they shout in public. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

It’s true. And it’s an odd result of social media, a tool that should facilitate discussion. Instead, everyone gets a microphone, but not everyone is ready for the feedback when they shout in public. 

Big yep. 

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I support Auburn, just so we are clear on that.  Unless you weren't born in 2012 - 2013, you know what saving our ass looks like.  I don't make comments with the intent of it sounding like someone praising Gus.  I simply get tired of some people having incredibly short memories or ignoring facts for the sake of rewriting a narrative to fit their current need to moan and blame.

Just a reminder... The SEC West, since 2013, has been won 2 times by Auburn, 1 time by LSU and the rest by bama.  The only active coach in the country with 3 wins against Saban is Gus.  That doesn't mean that it wasn't time for Auburn to make a change.  It does mean that the man wasn't an idiot and when Auburn people whine and act like there was no success over the past 8 years, it only makes us look bad.

Last response here. I would give up the early gimmick "success" you call it, for the steady decline that the program has taken since the TAM loss in Auburn (2013 I believe).  The UGLY losses to the major programs on the road in the SEC, The UGLY cross sectional losses to National programs as Minnesota, Wisconsin etc. The PATHETIC Bowl appearances.

I DONT CARE about a record against Saban. That's the narrow view in state Auburn supporters have.. Saban! Saban! CONSISTENCY is something Auburn has not seen in a long time. It's got to start somewhere.  The program is gonna have to be built from the ground up! Harsin has the fortitude to do it, if folks will just BACK OFF and let him do it.

• Love 3

5 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Last response here. I would give up the early gimmick "success" you call it, for the steady decline that the program has taken since the TAM loss in Auburn (2013 I believe).  The UGLY losses to the major programs on the road in the SEC, The UGLY cross sectional losses to National programs as Minnesota, Wisconsin etc. The PATHETIC Bowl appearances.

I DONT CARE about a record against Saban. That's the narrow view in state Auburn supporters have.. Saban! Saban! CONSISTENCY is something Auburn has not seen in a long time. It's got to start somewhere.  The program is gonna have to be built from the ground up! Harsin has the fortitude to do it, if folks will just BACK OFF and let him do it.

Harsin looked like a coach out of his league yesterday and recruiting is bad. He seems to favor stuffing his staff with Boise guys who have no relationships built down here. All signs point to a very long rebuild. I don’t think Harsin has the kind of name to survive that kind of rebuild, but we will find out. 

21 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin looked like a coach out of his league yesterday and recruiting is bad. He seems to favor stuffing his staff with Boise guys who have no relationships built down here. All signs point to a very long rebuild. I don’t think Harsin has the kind of name to survive that kind of rebuild, but we will find out. 

For a coach having played and spent most of his time coaching in the northwest, I think Harsin has about the right blend of assistants coaches.  Half of the current staff has played or coached in the south for a many years.   Now are they the right Coaches to bring AU a consistent winner??   Time will tell 

23 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I only thought we maybe would've won the iron bowl because it's at home and this being one of the weaker Bama teams in recent memory. This team itself looks so defeated plus Bo might have a broken ankle.. We were supposed to be over this stuff. In the same year where we defy history and beat LSU at the stick we also have one of, if not THE, worst loss in history. Biggest comeback in Miss st history. JABA just seems like something this program can't shake.

Not to mention the fact that we have won the last 2 Iron Bowls in Auburn.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

This is not a total rebuild.  Anyone that believes that is simply out of touch with the reality we find ourselves in.  We have weaknesses that must be addressed.  They are certainly not to the degree Mel Tucker found at Michigan State or Huepel faced at UT, Arkansas, Ole Miss............ u get the point.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Our roster does not demand a long rebuild, unless we fail to recruit effectively this year and the next.  That will set us back years.  With the transfer portal being what it is, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to shore up our weaknesses and be competitive in every game we play.

That 1:40 mark 😖😩😫

On 11/14/2021 at 9:45 AM, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Some of our fans live for simply beating Bama and Bama alone. That is sad. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DAG said:

Some of our fans live for simply beating Bama and Bama alone. That is sad. 

About all we have to live the remainder of this season for and it sure makes the holidays much more enjoyable around here.

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

About all we have to live the remainder of this season for and it sure makes the holidays much more enjoyable around here.

In the context of this year for sure. In the context of the state of our program, we should want more than that.

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

In the context of this year for sure. In the context of the state of our program, we should want more than that.

I agree. Have left JHS dejected in the past but never a feeling like Saturday. Really troubled about the way we lost. We have serious problems.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 9:45 AM, tightendoverthemiddle said:

I concur, and if you can't see the improvement already in the program under Harsin then IMO you just don't know football that well.  Just schematically, on offense, there has been a massive improvement.  We are actually running an offense that will put guys in the NFL.  We won't have guys drafted get top the NFL and not understand the basics of the NFL scheme.  Like having a center know how to identify the Mike linebacker.  Our best center to come out of Auburn in years barely had an NFL career bc he was so far behind due to playing in Malzahn's scheme.