Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Well the top 10 classes under Gus sure have produced a team of great players huh. Doesn't matter how great your class number is when you recruit no lineman, no depth, and miss on every QB and almost every 5 star you get. I bet if you re-ranked classes the last 5 classes would be in the 20's. The staff needs to develop, develop, develop

And when half of the guys in those classes transfer out of the program.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Hope Ole Miss wasn't a bit of fools gold. They were decimated on offense with injuries and we really s*** the bed in the 2H on offense 

Good point on Ole Miss. And it looks like Penn St isn't as good as we may have thought. 

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Well the top 10 classes under Gus sure have produced a team of great players huh. Doesn't matter how great your class number is when you recruit no lineman, no depth, and miss on every QB and almost every 5 star you get. I bet if you re-ranked classes the last 5 classes would be in the 20's. The staff needs to develop, develop, develop

You and Brad have a point, development is important. But just because Gus did a horrible job at developing doesn't mean that recruiting rankings aren't equally important. If we somehow can land Agbo today wasn't a total loss.

Edited by AUwent

7 minutes ago, au302 said:

EXACTLY. Ranking means squat when you arent getting positions of need. 

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

From what I recall, Washington State, coached by the same Leach, came to Auburn in 2013. 

They did.  It was also his first game at Wazzu IIRC.

2 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

Not going to happen. Bo will finish out this year.  He will be the qb next year. Hopefully his successor whether DD or another will be made ready.  I am not optimistic. Even if Daniels entered the portal I don’t think we would pursue him. 

I agree that Bo will probably be the guy. But if Daniels hits the portal this staff would be insane not to pursue. 

Just now, AUwent said:

I understand what you and Brad are saying. But just because Gus did a horrible job at developing doesn't mean that recruiting rankings aren't important.

Retention was just as big of an issue.  You should really dig into the amount of highly rated players have transferred away from Auburn over the last 4-5 classes.  Its mind boggling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

You would lose that bet.  I realize he was a transfer, but Stidham was one of the best QBs Auburn has had in a long long time.

This is a team talent composite that ranks the top 50 rosters in the country talent wise.  Auburn is ranked #14.  Mrs State is #30.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

Edited by AU9377

12 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I will just say this is about as lame ass post that I've ever seen on this forum. Whatever maroon.

For telling you the truth? 🤣  You have no idea what was said from any party. You know nothing. We don't know the details. That's the truth. Bobo isn't making a medical evaluation of a player from the BOOTH. Now if it was said to him/Harsin that he wasn't ready to go and they didn't pull him....then yes that's on them. But we don't know.

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You would lose that bet.  I realize he was a transfer, but Stidham was one of the best QBs Auburn has had in a long long time.

This is a team talent composite that ranks the top 50 rosters in the country talent wise.  Auburn is ranked #14.  Mrs State is #30.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

I'm a fan of Stidham. I was talking about high school QB evals. And of course, there is talent and in no way should have lost today's game. Inexcusable. Just trying to point out that everyone clamoring for Gus's "great" recruiting may not realize that it played a huge role in getting us to this point

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Retention was just as big of an issue.  You should really dig into the amount of highly rated players have transferred away from Auburn over the last 4-5 classes.  Its mind boggling.

It absolutely was under Gus. But if the our recruiting rankings don't improve, we'll be in an even worse spot.

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

A dark day for Auburn football.  We might as well to have kept Gus.  Offense quit and defense gave out.  Same story as last year.  A horrible coaching job.  Someone started a post last week about whether we had improved ourselves with the coaching change and I said the jury was still out because Gus usually managed to have a totally baffling loss like the South Carolina debacle last year.  Well, the jury just came in.  Up 28 - 3 in the second quarter and laid the biggest egg egg ever.  A total embarrassment.  

GusBus DROVE this program from an upper tier area (Both Divisions) to a middle/lower tier WEST Division Team.

No one outside the State of Alabama cares about Auburn other than Alumni, Aubie Fans and Bama haters. So the

reputation remains in anonymity.  The Oline is Bad. The Dline is thin. Aubie LBs can't cover. DB's are thin, gassed and can't cover. Bo Nix has tremendous heart, but just not a 5 star talent as advertised.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not being hypocritical.  Year 5 with your own players vs Year 1 with someone else's players is a monster difference.

The LSU collapse happened in Year 5 for Gus.  No training at that point. 

You are. We are not talking about year 5 anyway. Harsin is not at year 5 so how could that even be a comparison?  I'm saying we have another coach in training and it's no different this time. New coaches almost never come in with a full roster of talented players in college football. Gus did not have that luxury either. All teams have to adjust to new schemes and philosophies during a coaching change. That's not unique here. You cannot seriously believe that Harsin is ready at this point for what it takes to win in the SEC. It's obvious he needs to adjust as much as the team has to adjust. He also better have cutthroat recruiting instincts right now because nothing will get better if he can't bring in big talent. The question is still the same one....can Harsin put it together better and faster than Gus was able to do starting out as a coach with no SEC experience? This was clearly not a lateral move here.

How much patience will we have for Harsin? 3 years? 5 years? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

We got to eat the L. Miss state rallied and came back . Kudos to the pirate .

man I can’t wait to see the fights that are about to occur. Everyone stay safe. It’s going to be interesting what the coaching staff will do going forward. Unfortunately wasn’t able to see the game. 

It’s going to be a very ugly week for the coaching staff.

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I'm a fan of Stidham. I was talking about high school QB evals. And of course, there is talent and in no way should have lost today's game. Inexcusable. Just trying to point out that everyone clamoring for Gus's "great" recruiting may not realize that it played a huge role in getting us to this point

There were definitely roster deficiencies.  I'm also not saying that we didn't need fresh air in the building... we did. I'm just extremely weary of proclaiming this staff to be elite in some way until they prove to be.

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

Good point on Ole Miss. And it looks like Penn St isn't as good as we may have thought. 

Toss in winning in BR vs the worst LSU team in a long while 2 or 3 games before firing thier HC.

15 minutes ago, Taco said:

Personally. I don’t think Harsin is the coach we want him to be. Seeing how Boise fans saw him and some of the stuff I’ve seen this year I am a little more cautious of my hopes for him. 

But yes he has been known to be out-schemed by coaches out in the west during his tenure there. 

I've been on the fence since he was hired. I hope he can succeed but not sure if he will. 

2 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

It’s going to be a very ugly week for the coaching staff.

As it should be. My gosh at this point I just want CBH to bring his own core in. Recruiting isn’t the greatest and now we are struggling in the second half. Something needs to change immediately. I am not off his bandwagon but things just seem to be off 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

There were definitely roster deficiencies.  I'm also not saying that we didn't need fresh air in the building... we did. I'm just extremely weary of proclaiming this staff to be elite in some way until they prove to be.

That's exactly how I feel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You are. We are not talking about year 5 anyway. Harsin is not at year 5 so how could that even be a comparison?  I'm saying we have another coach in training and it's no different this time. New coaches almost never come in with a full roster of talented players in college football. Gus did not have that luxury either. All teams have to adjust to new schemes and philosophies during a coaching change. That's not unique here. You cannot seriously believe that Harsin is ready at this point for what it takes to win in the SEC. It's obvious he needs to adjust as much as the team has to adjust. He also better have cutthroat recruiting instincts right now because nothing will get better if he can't bring in big talent. The question is still the same one....can Harsin put it together better and faster than Gus was able to do starting out as a coach with no SEC experience? This was clearly not a lateral move here.

How much patience will we have for Harsin? 3 years? 5 years? 

citizen-kane-orson-welles.gif

1 hour ago, AUStew87 said:

I still think Griener starts whenever Bo decides to leave. In regards to the portal… recruit everyone OL with a heart beat and any sign of talent. 

Does Bo have enough credits to graduate in  December so he can transfer?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

GusBus DROVE this program from an upper tier area (Both Divisions) to a middle/lower tier WEST Division Team.

No one outside the State of Alabama cares about Auburn other than Alumni, Aubie Fans and Bama haters. So the

reputation remains in anonymity.  The Oline is Bad. The Dline is thin. Aubie LBs can't cover. DB's are thin, gassed and can't cover. Bo Nix has tremendous heart, but just not a 5 star talent as advertised.

That is a bit of revisionist history.  We have problems today and some of those are the result of failings on the part of the prior staff, but your first sentence is comical given the fact that the program was in the basement of hell when he took over and he immediately restored our credibility.