Auburn vs miss state post game

Maverick.AU

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

No reason to blame the players.. 100% on the coaches.. 

1. When Nix got hurt.. should have put in TJ.. When Nix can’t run and move around he is ineffective. And since you didn’t put TJ in why in the world are we calling plays that requires our hurt qb to roll out of the pocket.. ridiculous. 
2. I have no idea how anyone can say anything about TJ.. the man had 3 plays? The game was lost. 
3. the defensive game plan worked ok in the first half but I didn’t see many adjustments in the 2nd half and MSU made adjustments we didn’t. 100% coaching.. 

I feel like the coaching didn’t even give the players the chance to succeed. 
I do not think officiating lost the game for us but good lord they made several bad calls.. it seems they were calling PI on us but not them.. saw them holding receivers several times.. no flag.. 

we didn’t do ourselves any favors and I am not even mad at the players. 

Yeah. Pretty much nailed it. Players played okay. Coaching and refs were horrible. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, e808 said:

Again Auburn was up 28-3 at home . Are U saying  Mississippi State has more talent than Auburn. Also who idea is it to play the bend but don’t break

MSU does have more talent and depth on both lines than we do.  The defensive scheme was terrible against the Leach offense.  That is on Coach Mason. 

• Like 2

I know we are only one year in to a new regime, but that was a TERRIBLE loss with some awful coaching. So many bad decisions. To top it off, That decision to go for two points might be one of the worst coaching decisions I have ever seen on an auburn sideline. Frankly I am shocked because I thought Harsin, Mason, and Bobo were better than this…
I’m also sad because this is the kind of game that will kill Recruiting. I was at the game and the atmosphere was not good in the second half. The most important recruit is at the game and it was a monumental collapse (biggest in AU history). 
I’m just at a loss for words. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean let's be real losing to one of the Mississippi teams is always bad. No sugar coating. But we can discuss why we lost. I mean if people don't want to discuss stuff why would they be in a forum?

Bruh.....where you been? People as a whole don't want to have real discussion. They just want their bias or egos blown up. It's sad really. 

Just now, DAG said:

I am going to have to put this loss worse than the Gus LSU game. 40 unanswered points at home is just unacceptable. How is that even possible ? 

I'm trying not to overreact, but it was the worst half of AU football I've seen since 2012.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Man I about fell out of my chair when I saw that score lol. I might need therapy now . But I am Auburn win or loss , I am here. I’m in alaska bro . Couldn’t even see the game 

I am too, I’m just not enamored with bad play and coaching.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Bruh.....where you been? People as a whole don't want to have real discussion. They just want their bias or egos blown up. It's sad really. 

I just think people overestimate who we are and where we are in progression. JABA

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

MSU does have more talent and depth on both lines than we do.  The defensive scheme was terrible against the Leach offense.  That is on Coach Mason. 

I respectfully disagree. The only person that’s decent IMO opinion is Pickering. Auburn was torching them and then IDK what happened 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

No reason to blame the players.. 100% on the coaches.. 

1. When Nix got hurt.. should have put in TJ.. When Nix can’t run and move around he is ineffective. And since you didn’t put TJ in why in the world are we calling plays that requires our hurt qb to roll out of the pocket.. ridiculous. 
2. I have no idea how anyone can say anything about TJ.. the man had 3 plays? The game was lost. 
3. the defensive game plan worked ok in the first half but I didn’t see many adjustments in the 2nd half and MSU made adjustments we didn’t. 100% coaching.. 

I feel like the coaching didn’t even give the players the chance to succeed. 
I do not think officiating lost the game for us but good lord they made several bad calls.. it seems they were calling PI on us but not them.. saw them holding receivers several times.. no flag.. 

we didn’t do ourselves any favors and I am not even mad at the players. 

I was calling for TJ after Bo rolled his ankle, but he played Okay for the rest of the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Y'all cannot seriously be attacking TJ yeah he fumbled but it wasn't his fault that he got put in a situation that he should have never been in the first place. 

Would rather have a 1 legged guy that was having trouble planting to throw? He has to take advantage when he gets it. He owns the fumble just like anyone else should. He certainly didn’t lose the game though.

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I just think people overestimate who we are and where we are in progression. JABA

Odd how things don't just completely turn around with a brand new scheme on both sides of the ball with people learning on the fly. Along with the same glaring holes. And also having to work through bad habits and behaviors that were allowed to sink in over previous seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

It’s the worst collapse in Auburn football history. Auburn has never been up by 25 and lost. 

It just keeps getting better!

2 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Odd how things don't just completely turn around with a brand new scheme on both sides of the ball with people learning on the fly. Along with the same glaring holes. And also having to work through bad habits and behaviors that were allowed to sink in over previous seasons. 

I live and play in Vegas wonderland. Can't afford that bias. We are what we are and will be this season. #realist

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

A 25 point blown lead is hard to do. You have to work hard to lose that.

• Like 1

I was at the game today. Very frustrating to watch. In a nutshell, I dont like our coordinators. I keep hearing our DL is subpar, so apparently our answer to that is to constantly only rush 3. That makes a hell of a lot of sense. Our OC cant get out of his own way. He will ditch what easily works & insist on running up the middle & throwing 3 yd passes. I've been a Harsin supporter, but he absolutely crapped the bed today. Terrible job. The refs were as horrible today as they were last night in the basketball g,ame, but we set a new standard in poor today. Anything less than Harsin, Bobo, and Mason publicly saying they failed is unacceptable to me.

I will add the 1/2 the students left at half. Pissed me off.

Edited by boisnumber1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I agree.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I live and play in Vegas wonderland. Can't afford that bias. We are what we are and will be this season. #realist

Unfortunately. We can play with anyone if we are all mentally ready on game day. We just can't seem to make that happen. And against better teams, depth still gets us even if we do. So much to overcome. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Its not the same situation.  Gus was blowing 20 pt leads at LSU in year 5 of his tenure with a bunch of dudes he recruited.  This is game 10 for Harsin with a bunch of dudes he didn't recruit.

Harsin did some baffling stuff today (not kicking the extra point, the stupid onside kick, and the awful fake punt).  He needs to be held accountable because today is inexcusable.  But it ain't the same thing.

Of course it is. Let's not be hypocritical here.  Gus was criticized for being inexperienced....and the complaints were unending about Auburn having a coach in training and how it was unacceptable to make that kind of hire.  He had ups and downs and made spectacular mistakes because he still had a lot to learn while working in a pressure cooker. 

Harsin is in the very same position.....he's a coach in training and the Mountain West is no better than Gus being the OC in 2010 and the year at Arky State. The hope is that Harsin will learn faster....time will tell. But he is not prepared right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I gotta disagree with that assessment. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

It slips away when you don’t think there is a snowball chance hell of a lose.   Momentum is a crazy thing.   Once they got it, they weren’t giving it back 

• Like 1