Anyone hearing

Swamp Eagle

Well we’ve successfully managed to blow our diapers out right at the end of the year as is tradition. The portal is going to f’ing decimate our talent too. And even better news is we apparently hired a dud who is just really really good at looking like a football coach, but has no business recruiting in this area. We are on our way down folks!

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Man. I'm more about saying Bo is a Bad-ass but has tremendous ups and downs and gets the yips easy. We know at this point he isn't the guy to push this team to the next level. His only real job is to be our best option week to week and do his best. He is who he is. What's concerning to me is the instantly eroding attitude when things turn south. To me the rules of sportsmanship are to hold your head up, don't dwell on your mistakes, look your fellow player in the eye after a screw up and tell him "tighten-up man, let's go". Bo has none of that. He appears to have an entitled disposition whether earned or not. But that's me saying how I feel. I think he's a good QB.

But yesterday- I'm not even looking for blame. He had a clean pocket early and killed them, while never really scrambling or tucking it. I have no idea if our coaches knew or whether they were wrong or right to procede: but Mike Leach saw it. When they were convinced Bo couldn't scramble the game was over right then and there. CDM didn't help with this weak-ass scheme they got going. But when Bo was restricted to stay in the pocket, this game was over. 

Hope the surgery goes well.

39 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Got dang this is the lowest I've ever felt as a fan. 

Nowhere near as bad as 2012. Last year was worse. This is a new staff. It could get worse or better. Don’t know yet. 

• Thanks 1

I still feel that most of the crazy disappointment is from lofty expectations. It's been up and down but all the areas we have struggled at as a team are places where we knew there would be a struggle. 

Can't turn water into wine

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I still feel that most of the crazy disappointment is from lofty expectations. It's been up and down but all the areas we have struggled at as a team are places where we knew there would be a struggle. 

Definitely agree with this. It’s been a weird feeling for me personally this season. I had zero expectations and only acknowledged what Auburn beating Ole Miss could mean. However I don’t feel *devasted* by yesterday and some others seem to be. Then again I was completely drained of emotions for Auburn Football under Gus so maybe they just haven’t fully come back? Just don’t know what people really expected out of this year. 🤷‍♀️

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

Nowhere near as bad as 2012. Last year was worse. This is a new staff. It could get worse or better. Don’t know yet. 

How was last year worse with an all SEC schedule. It was worse in regards to the virus. All the teams beat this year were beat last year which includes the team that came back from 25. The previous coach didn’t do great but last year schedule wasn’t normal. 6 sec games were won vs 3 this year. IJS.

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

True on can’t turn water into wine. Still no excuse for the head scratching decision or a 25 point collapse to Mississippi State. A 2 pt try with a QB rolling out with one leg

Just now, e808 said:

How was last year worse with an all SEC schedule. It was worse in regards to the virus. All the teams beat this year were beat last year which includes the team that came back from 25. The previous coach didn’t do great but last year schedule wasn’t normal. 6 sec games were won vs 3 this year. IJS.

Let’s be honest. We finished 6-6 but should have finished 4-8. It’s fun to poke at Arkansas and Ole Miss but it’s very true that the refs won Auburn both of those games. We would have been 1-4….

IMO last year absolutely felt worse than this year. Zero emotion and effort almost every game. 

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Surgery tomorrow morning.

If you don’t mind me asking, where does this info come from? We aren’t seeing it on any other site and it’s not being reported from a news source, unless we missed it.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Let’s be honest. We finished 6-6 but should have finished 4-8. It’s fun to poke at Arkansas and Ole Miss but it’s very true that the refs won Auburn both of those games. We would have been 1-4….

IMO last year absolutely felt worse than this year. Zero emotion and effort almost every game. 

It amazes me when people here bitch about refs when the last 2 arky games were arky wins stolen by the refs. 

11 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Last year was 6-5 and the Ole Miss game was a wash. if u want to play the refs game GA St would apply. Also do u think the pandemic had a lot to do with that. With so much unknown and the season was significantly different than any other. Games cancelled no OOC games. Is that normal or not 

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I’m guessing y’all weren’t around in 1977-78?

I mean we lost to Southern Miss...And NC state 👎

We went 0 for the SEC in 2012.  Got spanked 63-21 in our own house.

That is 1,000 times worse.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well we’ve successfully managed to blow our diapers out right at the end of the year as is tradition. The portal is going to f’ing decimate our talent too. And even better news is we apparently hired a dud who is just really really good at looking like a football coach, but has no business recruiting in this area. We are on our way down folks!

image.gif

This roster needs a purge unfortunately. It happens when you have coaching changes. Everyone will freak out and blame Harsin but we need to see it overhauled imo. There's not many players not this roster worth crying about if they leave. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Last year was 6-5 and the Ole Miss game was a wash. if u want to play the refs game GA St would apply. Also do u think the pandemic had a lot to do with that. With so much unknown and the season was significantly different than any other. Games cancelled no OOC games. Is that normal or not 

I absolutely do not think that COVID played a part in how last year played out for Auburn. All other teams were facing the exact same thing. It’s not like Auburn was working at a disadvantage that no one else was. 

I’m not playing a refs game because I’m not talking about missed holding calls or PIs. Those two games had VERY significant calls that actually handed Auburn their wins. The spiked ball and the touch on the kickoff would have ended one game and resulted in opposing points for the other. 

We did finish 6-5 so I was incorrect on that. However we should have started that year 1-4 either way. 

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Beating Ole Miss in the manner that we did skyrocketed expectations. Bad thing is had we taken care of business it would again have came down to the winner of the iron bowl to see who heads to Atlanta. Not anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU Alum and His Dog said:

I would like to see that.  the season's in the toilet and bryan barfield can't recruit.  lets turn it over to dd

You should take the phone away from your dog. 

• Haha 4

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/bo-nix-reportedly-out-for-this-weeks-south-carolina-game-tj-finley-to-start/

Not 100% credible, but looks like there may be some fire causing all the smoke.

Edited by kwagoner