Loving Auburn is sometimes like loving an abusive partner

aubiefifty

You grow tired of the emotional abuse you’ve gone through throughout the years, yet your lover tells you; “Baby, I’m gonna change. You’ll see.” You then believe them. They start to show you how they change in a positive way. They make their strides and become better to you. And then, when you least expect it, it all comes back. Emotional abuse. You then grow tired of it again and demand change, but you can’t leave your partner. You hear; “I’m sorry, baby. I’ll be better. You’ll see!” And now, you don’t know what to believe. Your heart says they will change. But in the back of your mind, you wonder if that is actually true, or even possible. War Eagle!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Stockholm Syndrome 

• Like 1

Yesterday was historic for all the wrong reasons...no Auburn fan has ever seen us blow a lead that large, because it had literally never happened before.

This is a bit melodramatic, though. I'll just attribute the OP to a good ol' fashioned vent and leave it at that.

Hang in there, fitty. 

I’ve said it a dozen times . I wish I didn’t give a crap , but I do . I’m a homer for life 

Edited by JDUBB4AU
  • Like 2

I’ve always admired South Carolina fans. Loyal, passionate, always show for games - even though team never breaks through. Programs like lsu and uga should always be good due to their monopoly on high-talent state recruiting. Tamu and UF are in a massive recruiting areas. Bama has  a unique nfl farm-system setup.

IMO we have a tougher “word problem” than those programs, which has consequences. People can “demand excellence” all day but I think we will  always have ok years and then occasionally a special season (unlike USCe). Comes with being an au fan. However, yesterday was emotionally…  “abusive”, a gut punch, and will take some time to shake off.

Edited by auburnatl1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

You grow tired of the emotional abuse you’ve gone through throughout the years, yet your lover tells you; “Baby, I’m gonna change. You’ll see.” You then believe them. They start to show you how they change in a positive way. They make their strides and become better to you. And then, when you least expect it, it all comes back. Emotional abuse. You then grow tired of it again and demand change, but you can’t leave your partner. You hear; “I’m sorry, baby. I’ll be better. You’ll see!” And now, you don’t know what to believe. Your heart says they will change. But in the back of your mind, you wonder if that is actually true, or even possible. War Eagle!

Ok, where did you get this? It's got upper case letters and proper punctuation. :poke:

It's rough at times for sure. Auburn isn't for the weak.