OSHA Suspends Enforcement of Biden’s Vaccine Mandate

I_M4_AU

The OSHA website page dedicated to the COVID Vaccine Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) reads: “While OSHA remains confident in its authority to protect workers in emergencies, OSHA has suspended activities related to the implementation and enforcement of the ETS pending future developments in the litigation.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/osha-suspends-enforcement-of-bidens-vaccine-mandate/

52 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The OSHA website page dedicated to the COVID Vaccine Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) reads: “While OSHA remains confident in its authority to protect workers in emergencies, OSHA has suspended activities related to the implementation and enforcement of the ETS pending future developments in the litigation.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/osha-suspends-enforcement-of-bidens-vaccine-mandate/

This was expected due to the 5th Circuit's stay issued a week or so ago.  The most damning thing in all of this is the amount of energy some spend to discourage the use of a vaccine that we know is safe and effective.  There is a lot of precedent where the Supreme Court has upheld vaccine mandates by states, universities etc.  If they dislilke the use of OSHA to implement this requirement, the Federal Government can simply use another enforcement procedure.  The federal government can simply withhold funding to any organization that receives it in any form.  That will cover many of the businesses subject to the requirements now.  For those that it doesn't cover, they will litigate it on up the chain.

In my opinion, Congress should pass a federal procedure rule that fast tracks these type cases to the Supreme Court. It doesn't take 9 highly intelligent men and women with staffs of other highly intelligent men and women that long to decide these things.

Edited by AU9377

32 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

If they dislilke the use of OSHA to implement this requirement, the Federal Government can simply use another enforcement procedure.

So, why didn’t they do just that?  Could it be Biden felt it was the fastest way to implement his edict over the American people?

• Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, why didn’t they do just that?  Could it be Biden felt it was the fastest way to implement his edict over the American people?

Why is using OSHA not the most efficient mechanism would be the better question?

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Why is using OSHA not the most efficient mechanism would be the better question?

I’ll answer yours first.  OSHA was never authorized to be this far reaching over several different industries with different environments and working conditions.  It was just an easy way to cram down a policy for every worker.

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

@AU9377so I answered your question; why didn’t the Biden Administration simply use another enforcement procedure?

My guess is that they believed it to be the most efficient way to support employers in their efforts to get everyone vaccinated.  Keep in mind, the government isn't trying to poison people, they are trying to save lives and do the right thing here.  Unfortunately, EVERYTHING in this country is now polarized beyond belief.  Too many cheer for their team R or team D and don't give  damn about the country as a whole.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

My guess is that they believed it to be the most efficient way to support employers in their efforts to get everyone vaccinated.  Keep in mind, the government isn't trying to poison people, they are trying to save lives and do the right thing here.  Unfortunately, EVERYTHING in this country is now polarized beyond belief.  Too many cheer for their team R or team D and don't give  damn about the country as a whole.

Agree to disagree. Biden’s forceful cram down of the vaccine to the general public pits government overreach vs a person’s right to medical decisions.  The people always lose when a freedom is taken away due to a *crisis* that is temporary.  With better therapeutics the need for this mandate become moot and it shows the current administration’s disregard for the rights of its citizens.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Agree to disagree. Biden’s forceful cram down of the vaccine to the general public pits government overreach vs a person’s right to medical decisions.  The people always lose when a freedom is taken away due to a *crisis* that is temporary.  With better therapeutics the need for this mandate become moot and it shows the current administration’s disregard for the rights of its citizens.

Or.......... this could not be about taking someone's freedom.  Instead, it could simply be a leader wanting to do what he knows is best for the country and people that he was elected to lead.  I understand that right wing media has portrayed this as some grand sinister act by the forces of evil that are coming to get you.  If that made sense, I would agree.  However, it doesn't.  There is no motive for the CDC, NIH and the thousands of professionals that work in those agencies to harm the people of this country.  Doctors don't personally benefit from people taking this vaccine, yet they are pleading with people to get vaccinated. Nobody can honestly believe that countries around the globe are all involved in some plot to harm their citizens.  The United States is alone in having such a large, conspiracy plagued, purely political subsection of the population that believes their elected officials are out to get them instead of help them.

The past 40 years has been a time when American exceptionalism has given way to American decline.  We can point fingers and blame people that aren't like us for that happening, or we can change and prevent that from continuing.  America can be involved and lead on world issues, or we can retreat and become more like South America with the wealthy and the poor and not much in between.  We cannot accept fighting each other often merely for the sake of fighting and expect to others to respect our way of life.

35 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is no motive for the CDC, NIH and the thousands of professionals that work in those agencies to harm the people of this country.  Doctors don't personally benefit from people taking this vaccine, yet they are pleading with people to get vaccinated.

Agreed on this part.

36 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody can honestly believe that countries around the globe are all involved in some plot to harm their citizens.

Not many people do.  It’s not about harming the citizens some people are concerned about, its giving up rights to the government that is the issue.  This is why this is headed to the SCOTUS.

38 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Instead, it could simply be a leader wanting to do what he knows is best for the country and people that he was elected to lead.

Then why would that leader force compliance in a country that prides itself on individual rights?  There has never been a time when the US has mandated, under a threat of losing your livelihood, a medical decision that should be left up to the individual.

51 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

America can be involved and lead on world issues, or we can retreat

America, with this leadership, is as weak as it was under Carter and the world knows it.  In recent years we’ve been trying to create issues on the world.  Case in point; pushing ridiculous ideas that men can be women and women can be men.  How many countries believe that to their core?

Biden was elected bring stability to the office.  He has failed miserably.  We have to get our act together before any other country will take us seriously.

On 11/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, AU9377 said:

This was expected due to the 5th Circuit's stay issued a week or so ago.  The most damning thing in all of this is the amount of energy some spend to discourage the use of .  There is a lot of precedent where the Supreme Court has upheld vaccine mandates by states, universities etc.  If they dislilke the use of OSHA to implement this requirement, the Federal Government can simply use another enforcement procedure.  The federal government can simply withhold funding to any organization that receives it in any form.  That will cover many of the businesses subject to the requirements now.  For those that it doesn't cover, they will litigate it on up the chain.

In my opinion, Congress should pass a federal procedure rule that fast tracks these type cases to the Supreme Court. It doesn't take 9 highly intelligent men and women with staffs of other highly intelligent men and women that long to decide these things.

a vaccine that we know is safe and effective

Bull S%#

Looks like the secretary at the federal level is primarily focused on making sure people entering the country are vaccinated or quarantined. That is a big fail so far for the Biden administration.  Specifically says no vaccine programs are authorized, so Biden is seriously overreaching with his illegal national employment mandate.

More authority is granted to the state as it should be. Although it would be a tough sell to achieve the severity of the language regarding death and morbidity rates. Death rate of .1% or whatever hardly qualifies. 
Thanks for posting that.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:19 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Agreed on this part.

Not many people do.  It’s not about harming the citizens some people are concerned about, its giving up rights to the government that is the issue.  This is why this is headed to the SCOTUS.

Then why would that leader force compliance in a country that prides itself on individual rights?  There has never been a time when the US has mandated, under a threat of losing your livelihood, a medical decision that should be left up to the individual.

America, with this leadership, is as weak as it was under Carter and the world knows it.  In recent years we’ve been trying to create issues on the world.  Case in point; pushing ridiculous ideas that men can be women and women can be men.  How many countries believe that to their core?

Biden was elected bring stability to the office.  He has failed miserably.  We have to get our act together before any other country will take us seriously.

The government has never had to fight to get people to do the right thing with regards to vaccines.  With other vaccines, like polio, the only problem was getting it to the people fast enough.  There weren't fake conspiracy theories running rampant and people using the vaccine as some political issue.  People were, above all else, grateful to have some protection.  Kids were lined up at school, without any consent from parents, and given sugar drops containing the vaccine.

I am so tired of that BS line about transexuals.  NOBODY is pushing a damn thing when it comes to the existence of transexuals.  Unless someone consumes large amounts of Fox Entertainment News, they don't even hear about it much.  One thing that Biden has done is to strengthen our relationships with our traditional allies.  Those are the countries with which we have the most in common.  I would never claim that I have been happy with how the Biden administration has handled every issue that has come about.  However, if given the choice, I feel much more confident that adults are in the room now than I ever did with Trumptard in office.  That was epic dysfunction.  From military brass to his own Secretary of State, they all have been as clear as they can be that Trump was dangerous and often had to be ignored.

28 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I am so tired of that BS line about transexuals.  NOBODY is pushing a damn thing when it comes to the existence of transexuals.  Unless someone consumes large amounts of Fox Entertainment News, they don't even hear about it much.  One thing that Biden has done is to strengthen our relationships with our traditional allies.  Those are the countries with which we have the most in common.  I would never claim that I have been happy with how the Biden administration has handled every issue that has come about.  However, if given the choice, I feel much more confident that adults are in the room now than I ever did with Trumptard in office.  That was epic dysfunction.  From military brass to his own Secretary of State, they all have been as clear as they can be that Trump was dangerous and often had to be ignored.

Where have you been living?  Certainly not in Jamaica.

Concerned Jamaicans on Independence Day protested and demanded that the US Embassy in Kingston remove the LGBTQ Pride flag hoisted on its grounds. The group says it is not only goes against articles in the  Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations, but is a form of cultural imperialism.

https://www.cvmtv.com/news/major-stories/jamaicans-demand-removal-of-pride-flag-from-us-embassy/

I really liked the comment about cultural imperialism.  Remember the T in LGBTQ represents Transsexuals. Their are many more articles about our Embassies flying the Rainbow Flag and being mocked (Russia) or taken down with no explanation (Seoul, Korea), but you won’t see this on MSM other than FOX.  It doesn’t mean it isn’t true.

The fact that you think Biden has strengthened our relationships with our allies is interesting. Our allies loved to see Biden in as they knew everything Trump did was going away, like paying their fare share in defense of the world through NATO.  Iran (nuclear agreement), Russia (their pipeline) and China (less tariffs) love Biden because he is so weak.  Biden capitulates and that is why other nations love him.

God bless you for thinking Biden is the adult in the room.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Where have you been living?  Certainly not in Jamaica.

Concerned Jamaicans on Independence Day protested and demanded that the US Embassy in Kingston remove the LGBTQ Pride flag hoisted on its grounds. The group says it is not only goes against articles in the  Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations, but is a form of cultural imperialism.

https://www.cvmtv.com/news/major-stories/jamaicans-demand-removal-of-pride-flag-from-us-embassy/

I really liked the comment about cultural imperialism.  Remember the T in LGBTQ represents Transsexuals. Their are many more articles about our Embassies flying the Rainbow Flag and being mocked (Russia) or taken down with no explanation (Seoul, Korea), but you won’t see this on MSM other than FOX.  It doesn’t mean it isn’t true.

The fact that you think Biden has strengthened our relationships with our allies is interesting. Our allies loved to see Biden in as they knew everything Trump did was going away, like paying their fare share in defense of the world through NATO.  Iran (nuclear agreement), Russia (their pipeline) and China (less tariffs) love Biden because he is so weak.  Biden capitulates and that is why other nations love him.

God bless you for thinking Biden is the adult in the room.

"paying their fair share through NATO"  - Member nations pledged to spend certain percentages of their GDP on defense spending.  Trump insisted that they meet those goals.  He always phrased it in a way that people were led to believe that countries were cutting NATO a check.  They weren't.  Nobody was delinquent on fees.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/12/factchecking-trumps-nato-remarks/

Instead of an agreement with Iran, which was joined by European allies, we now have nothing.  Iran is free to do as they please.  The EU is pissed that we abandoned ship and will trade with Iran, thereby making our sanctions less and less of an issue. 

As for Chinese tariffs, they weren't impacting China.  They were impacting the prices of goods sold here.  Until we get American corporations on board and moving their production back to the U.S., we can't exactly blame China for the resulting dependence.  One way to get U.S. Corporations back to the U.S. is to relieve the burden of health care costs, which make production costs so much more here than they are in China.

As for the LGBTQ flag or whatever, most Americans do believe that everyone should be treated with respect.  Jailing people for who they sleep with is arcane and should be shunned by the free world.  That has nothing to do with men wanting to be women and women men.

32 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

"paying their fair share through NATO"  - Member nations pledged to spend certain percentages of their GDP on defense spending.  Trump insisted that they meet those goals.  He always phrased it in a way that people were led to believe that countries were cutting NATO a check.  They weren't.  Nobody was delinquent on fees.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/12/factchecking-trumps-nato-remarks/

Instead of an agreement with Iran, which was joined by European allies, we now have nothing.  Iran is free to do as they please.  The EU is pissed that we abandoned ship and will trade with Iran, thereby making our sanctions less and less of an issue. 

As for Chinese tariffs, they weren't impacting China.  They were impacting the prices of goods sold here.  Until we get American corporations on board and moving their production back to the U.S., we can't exactly blame China for the resulting dependence.  One way to get U.S. Corporations back to the U.S. is to relieve the burden of health care costs, which make production costs so much more here than they are in China.

As for the LGBTQ flag or whatever, most Americans do believe that everyone should be treated with respect.  Jailing people for who they sleep with is arcane and should be shunned by the free world.  That has nothing to do with men wanting to be women and women men.

And you believe factcheck.org?  I’m not saying Trump always spoke the truth, but factcheck doesn’t either.

Iran pissed and moaned for 4 years about sanctions, do you think they would have done that if it didn’t effect them?

The whole thing about China is they have courted U.S. Corporations with lower labor costs and those corporations don’t want to give up the profits.  The labor costs of the CCP is from slave labor, so whatever China charges for labor goes right into the CCP, I doubt they have too much health care costs.  Anything produced in the U.S. will be higher labor costs regardless of health care costs.

Most Americans do believe everybody should be treated the same, I agree.  By flying the Rainbow Flag over our Embassies shows the world how woke we are.  We are trying to push our culture on the rest of the world and they are not accepting it, its their right.  We believe slave labor is abhorrent, but we sure will have all the solar panels made in China regardless of what group of people (slave labor) produces them.  China has scolded the U.S. for hypocrisy in the meeting with Blinken with regard to human rights.  I don’t think China is going to listen to us about human rights anytime soon.  Hence, we have to get our act together.

You are forgetting that the *T* stands for Transsexual and it is part of this intersectional coalition.  All for one and one for all, so to speak, it has everything to do with men wanting to be women and women wanting to be men.  United they stand, divided they fall.  You can’t separate the coalition.  If you do it will all fall apart and it seems to be falling apart.  Can’t wait.