Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

5 minutes ago, keesler said:

Player/talent evaluations on the Auburn roster was not '23's strong suit yrs ago.  And with his Hunter vs Tank evaluation it appears it's still not his forte. 

Come on, he just missed on one guy. We all have missed on guys before. And we didn't ever see jf 3 play QB. There's people on here that's celebrated that has missed much much worse. 

24 minutes ago, keesler said:

Player/talent evaluations on the Auburn roster was not '23's strong suit yrs ago.  And with his Hunter vs Tank evaluation it appears it's still not his forte. 

Tank needs some stickem! He would have had less carries vs MSU if it was up to this recliner coach. He has put the ball on the ground way too much this year!  He seems to be a fumble waiting to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Lost me with the Kiffen stuff. Probably has some valid points on not using the NIL properly to beef up recruiting. But most of the rest of these posts I don't agree with. Hunter earned his time. I mean maybe give Tank a few more touches....i could agree with he is slightly being under utilized. 

I just am baffled how poorly we’re using the NIL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Tank being severely underused. Hunter will be very good but he isnt in same league as Tank currently.

Running tank into a stacked box with a subpar oline seems pretty foolish.  When Moo State figured out Nix couldn't throw off his back foot they stacked the box, at that point using Tank was moot.  Nix needed to be taken out so Finely could try and open up the stacked box by hitting some passes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shabby said:

Original poster has been around a long time, often has valuable information that typical posters don't have, and I welcome his insights. 

I am pretty sure his insight into the program left with one of the previous head coaches, Tubs, Chiz or Gus. WIth the hot takes (cough bad takes cough) he is spouting in here, his insights may not be as useful as I remember them being back in the AuburnEagle days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I really think it is just lack of talent on the OL. This OL has not been bad in pass pro, but run blocking has been as bad as I have seen in 9 years. We seem to get a few good gains early and then a run or two mixed in sporadically, but all and all for the most part it is shut down. The passing game opens up our run game. 

Gus left the cupboard seriously bare.  We are not near as talented as we were two years ago.  Gus got complacent in recruiting, refused to recruit his backyard and couldn't develop QBs.  Those three things on top of the multitude of mind boggling in game decisions got him fired.

• Like 2

Offense plays a huge role in that as well. Playing an offense like that, especially a d line without any depth. You have to sustain drives. You have to keep them from speeding the game up. The run game was the biggest weapon we held and we let it go

• Like 2

23 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

The offense the second half falls on Bobo and Harsin. The terrible effort i blame mostly on Harsin. How do you go into the locker room preaching finish and come out with that?

Good to see you back 23. We gave up 40 straight points in the MSU game. It seems like the biggest problem we had was the defense, not so much the offense. In the game before, at TAMU, it was the other way around. But I look at the overall situation like this.

Other than a few decent transfers and some Fr. who have ridden the pine, all the rest of the players were here before Harsin arrived. Give it time to play out instead of getting too concerned about the ups and downs of his first year. It looks like we'll end up at 7-5 which is about where most of us thought we would be. 

Edited by IronMan70

5 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Throw ten million per year at Kiffin after season ends see what happens. Before this causes an eruption i will explain my thoughts.

10 Million for what; getting into our red zone 8 times and coming away with 2 TDs, costing his team a chance at the playoffs? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

When did tank have all these fumbles? I missed it

I counted three in MSU game.   Auburn recovered all three but it’s putting it on the ground way too much 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

Good grief. Throw hand grenades at the current FIRST YEAR staff and promote throwing crazy money at one of the guys the current staff beat handily to replace him?  Is this an alternate universe thread? 😂😂😂😂.  Surely that was a joke, right?  I literally can’t bring myself to even read the rest of those posts after reading that 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Tank being under-used. On the surface if you just look at stats vs expectations, I would agree it appears that way. The problem is that our OL has struggled to get push once Defenses adjust.

Remember when we had a coach that would run our rb up the Center's rump 17 times in a row even though it wasn't working? I am thankful that we have a coach that is not doing that. At least they are trying something different, but definitely need to find something that works and can't have games like Tex AM and Miss ST where we go into complete Offensive drouts.

There is no way of knowing what we would have had if came here this year, but I am glad we didn't get him nor do I want him.

Everybody needs to chill. I wonder if Bama fans were as big of babies as AU fans when they lost at home to ULM? I mean teams are going to lose games. The very best of coaches are going to have some mind boggling performances at times and before everyone starts with the "for 5mil per year they shouldn't be afforded that yada yada" I agree. That's a lot of money to have blunders, but every single coach out there has them.

Let's calm down a bit and see what we finish this recruiting class with and if any staff changes are made before next season.

I was ok with Harsin until State cane back 25 in 2nd half and Harsin watched it happen and couldnt stop, adjust, or make any coaching decisions to slow it down. Tank is not hurt also im js ive seen people say that but it isnt the case.

20 minutes ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Always enjoyed 23's takes on the program BUT with the direction this thread has turned... He might be "run off" again 😒

I was never run off lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Why are you treating this message board is if it is twitter and you have a letter count for each post?

Me? I was driving and the LK that is my Opinion not what ik is going on. Hope it is though.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

It didn't have anything to do with Bo.  23 was run off in 2017 well before Bo got here.

3 hours ago, keesler said:

This reminds me...... Where has WDEWDE been this season?  He's usually in here giving bits & pieces of the inner workings of the program. 

I'd like to hear about the mood in the coaches meetings this week after that total MSU fiasco of a game last Saturday.  

he was here twice today. he posts mostly in the eagles nest.

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

The disrespect that some people show to others on here is mind blowing. 

people show disrespect on here because other posters are not calling them out on their bull. people that enjoy belittling others have some serious problems. now politics is differnt but they also have a smack talk section just for that and most people know what they are walking into. i wonder how many kids have joined and left because someone took joy in humiliating them and they left. i have seen it with adults and it is not a good look.

4 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Clueless. Self-righteous much? 

If 23 is either of the people I named, he probably got a chuckle out of my post. 

the man just claimed he had not posted on here in a long time because of the way he was treated. if you leave and do not post for a while you did not get a chuckle out of it.

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

What an awesome responsibility to be the one that decides who comes and goes. Bet you get lots of Christmas gifts.

tumblr_153b2e95f8289d4eb6e25c7444046f84_113d9735_250.gif

51 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

10 Million for what; getting into our red zone 8 times and coming away with 2 TDs, costing his team a chance at the playoffs? 

you do not think matt playing hurt had anything to do with it? plus the time lost getting checked out? they might be minor points but they did contribute.

• Like 1