Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Well let's start here.

I'm not sure a single player on our 2021 offense would start for the 2013 team.

QB Nick is better than Bo. At best a push bc offensive scheme.

RB Mason has been better than Tank. At best they'd split time. CAP is better back up than Hunter right now.

HB Jay Prosch was an NFL HB. Schenker isn't in the same class.

TE. CJ Ozumah has been in the NFL for 6-8 seasons. He's easily the starter and everyone. 

WR. Coates/Melvin Ray/Quan Bray/Marcus Davis.

I could see maybe Kobe getting snaps. No one else is close.

Now the OL. Which us probably the starkest difference. 

There isn't a single player. He'll, there aren't 2 players combined thar can do was GRob did at LT. He brutalized people and alone opened the entire left side of the OL. Trox is even in the same league. 

OC: Reese destroys Brahms. Brahms is an awful player. Reese was 2x All SEC and Remington award winner.

RT. Avert Young is actually a tackle vs Hamm.

Guards. Kozan and Slade. Maybe K. Jones could challenge here, but Slade was an NFL player for 6 years and Kozan was a good college lineman. Jones is decent, Council is bad.

Pretending this 2021 talent is anything similar to 2013 is laughable. 

You should feel bad. 

That's an interesting way to look at it. I disagree about Brahms or whatever his name is though. That guy isn't as bad as some on here make him to be

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Why are yall arguing over if AU got a better coach which LK is an upgrade no matter how u view it.

Unless you consider winning percentage, conference titles, their team being ranked at the end the season, bowl victories, head to head, and lack of losing seasons, then it’s Harsin. But that’s only if you’re interested in facts and data. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Well let's start here.

I'm not sure a single player on our 2021 offense would start for the 2013 team.

QB Nick is better than Bo. At best a push bc offensive scheme.

RB Mason has been better than Tank. At best they'd split time. CAP is better back up than Hunter right now.

HB Jay Prosch was an NFL HB. Schenker isn't in the same class.

TE. CJ Ozumah has been in the NFL for 6-8 seasons. He's easily the starter and everyone. 

WR. Coates/Melvin Ray/Quan Bray/Marcus Davis.

I could see maybe Kobe getting snaps. No one else is close.

Now the OL. Which us probably the starkest difference. 

There isn't a single player. He'll, there aren't 2 players combined thar can do was GRob did at LT. He brutalized people and alone opened the entire left side of the OL. Trox is even in the same league. 

OC: Reese destroys Brahms. Brahms is an awful player. Reese was 2x All SEC and Remington award winner.

RT. Avert Young is actually a tackle vs Hamm.

Guards. Kozan and Slade. Maybe K. Jones could challenge here, but Slade was an NFL player for 6 years and Kozan was a good college lineman. Jones is decent, Council is bad.

Pretending this 2021 talent is anything similar to 2013 is laughable. 

You should feel bad. 

Ok first u took only starters. Maybe those coaches made bad moves? But correct the oline was the main point talent wise better. Issue is the ratings given so was Gus or we all know Grimes had new innovative running schemes. Grob your monster was an NFL bust Dismules wasnt supposed to do anything and didnt in NFL. Kozan tore hos whole career up that year or lifting weights after season. Avery And Chad were the two the NFL saw as the best.

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Unless you consider winning percentage, conference titles, their team being ranked at the end the season, bowl victories, head to head, and lack of losing seasons, then it’s Harsin. But that’s only if you’re interested in facts and data. 

The only reason I'm questioning LK is because of OM's recruiting. But he might win 11 games in his second season. At Ole Miss.

So BH couldnt do with his 4 stars what CGM did so what do we take from that? Dude come on now. And Grob was a top 100 4 star OT. Young was rated higher in high scchool.

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Give him a chance

Honestly, it just the nature of the fan. We go on a win streak and all of a sudden we can make the playoffs. We legitimately had people truly thinking we can run the table and beat UGA of all teams. We now lose two straight games and we should fire the coach. If we somehow end the season on a three game win streak, the narrative will change once again lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been a while since we have seen 23 on this board. 
I think Harsin needs time, but we are in deeeeeep trouble if he does not improve this recruiting class in the next 3 weeks. Yes we can use the portal but we don’t know who will be in the portal. 
And as for the NIL, I have been screaming from the rafters for this all year. Pay. The. Recruits. All of them. 

Just now, DAG said:

Honestly, it just the nature of the fan. We go on a win streak and all of a sudden we can make the playoffs. We legitimately had people truly thinking we can run the table and beat UGA of all teams. We now lose two straight games and we should fire the coach. If we somehow end the season on a three game win streak, the narrative will change once again lol 

Smoke and mirrors. Unreal expectations. Not only did we have new coaches therefore new changes....they were huge changes. Completely different concepts, schemes, goals etc. This was big. At the least you have to see if we improve as far as facing adversity or not

• Like 2

Also with Grob who i love kid is an AU legend. Fact is our coaches would have gladly traded him bacj to LSU for our top OT recruit from same state we almost got in Lael Collins.

20 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Tre had the best season ever but tank is more talented. Tank will be draft higher 

Barely, if at all.  Tre was a mid 3rd round pick.  Tank will be taken mid 2nd to mid 3rd.

Tre was a beast in college.  They probably would have split carries

20 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

GRob and Reese  is the correct answer the two players significantly better on the 2013 team. 

A Center and OG, both worlds better.  By far.  That 2013 OL is leaps and bounds better than what we have.  Our OL hasn't gotten a push even vs G5 teams, in 3+ years.  That's Gus talent carried forward.  Hopefully it will mostly be replaced next year.

If this team had the 2013 OL it would be drastically better.

• Like 1

FTR i have no ill feelings and have spoken quite a few times including this week to Cbh. He is a great guy gives great speeches. The only reason i am taking time out of my day to even dignify the responses from yall ik fir a fact are incorrect is that i am trying to show everyone the. Difference that a coach can have. Make no mistake we had the talent to beat and prob should have Penn State, Texas A&M, and the Mike freaking Leach powerhouse Miss State.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's an interesting way to look at it. I disagree about Brahms or whatever his name is though. That guy isn't as bad as some on here make him to be

He consistently grades out really low, but apparently he has gotten a good bit better this year by some folks who know better about OL play (especially calling out blocking schemes which is much harder now).  Comment was maybe a little harsh, but Reese was drastically better.

OC seems to be hard to find.  I'm leaning towards accepting him back (as a fan who had no say) as long as we can put a really strong OG next to him and upgrade at least another player on the OL.  I think the OL can be better next year if we find the right pieces in the portal.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Barely, if at all.  Tre was a mid 3rd round pick.  Tank will be taken mid 2nd to mid 3rd.

Tre was a beast in college.  They probably would have split carries

A Center and OG, both worlds better.  By far.  That 2013 OL is leaps and bounds better than what we have.  Our OL hasn't gotten a push even vs G5 teams, in 3+ years.  That's Gus talent carried forward.  Hopefully it will mostly be replaced next year.

If this team had the 2013 OL it would be drastically better.

Why were they better they werent in 2012 dude im done this is laughable. So the recruiting services rank our guys higher than they should be the AU bump. First ive heard of it gtfo here. To the two main guys arguing AU shouldnt go after better coach yall are complacent. AU deserves a top tier team every year and we the fans can demand that and get results 

Edited by austudnt23

18 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Grob your monster was an NFL bust Dismules wasnt supposed to do anything and didnt in NFL. Kozan tore hos whole career up that year or lifting weights after season. Avery And Chad were the two the NFL saw as the best.

Couldn't give a damn what they didn't do in the NFL.  We don't win games with players after they left. 

That said, there isn't a single OL on our team right now that will sniff a practice squad.  Pretty sure every starter on that team was on the PS or an active NFL roster for a while. 

I also want to point out this past game was EXACTLY the type of example I was pointing out as far as truesdell and the other guy transferring. I hope some of you guys come around and see while you good riddance and try to pretend these guys meant nothing and didn't effect Auburn they are a big variable in you now calling for coaches heads and being disappointed. I'll throw Seth in here as well. If we had more d linemen you would've then seen us be able to line up with 4 d linemen and stuff like that.

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

The only reason i am taking time out of my day to even dignify the responses from yall

lmao.  We're in the good graces of this Uber privileged great grand nephew of Pat Dye acting like a total lunatic  🤣🤣🤣 🤣

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Couldn't give a damn what they didn't do in the NFL.  We don't win games with players after they left. 

That said, there isn't a single OL on our team right now that will sniff a practice squad.  Pretty sure every starter on that team was on the PS or an active NFL roster for a while. 

Coaching is the reason.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He consistently grades out really low, but apparently he has gotten a good bit better this year by some folks who know better about OL play (especially calling out blocking schemes which is much harder now).  Comment was maybe a little harsh, but Reese was drastically better.

OC seems to be hard to find.  I'm leaning towards accepting him back (as a fan who had no say) as long as we can put a really strong OG next to him and upgrade at least another player on the OL.  I think the OL can be better next year if we find the right pieces in the portal.

Reese was absolutely better. I just feel if everybody in the SEC is saying the guy is good then....I mean I know people are over hyped all the time but you don't really see first team all conference be complete trash players. That's all I'm saying as far as that. I know he's not a world beater or anything

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Why were they better they werent in 2012 dude im done this is laughable. So the recruiting services rank our guys higher than they should be the AU bump. First ive heard of it gtfo here. To the two main guys arguing AU shouldnt go after better coach yall are complacent. AU deserves a top tier team every year and we the fans can demand that and get results 

Scheme/Innovation/Coaching 

It matters a lot.  That was a talented team Gus inherited.  Chiz recruited pretty damn well.  Just b/c one team improved with Gus doesn't mean Harsin can do the same thing with inherited talent....none that are nearly as good.  Facts

We deserve a top team, we are a top 15 program.  s***ting your pants over year 1 when we're going through massive scheme and culture changes is really really dumb.  But hey, great uncle pat and all 🤡