Harsin Lost us this Game

AUght2win

Just now, selias said:

There's a difference between being "golly gee that was a swell game all around" and your drumbeat of "this staff sucks". Spin it how you like in your head, but that's what your recent threads are.

"I don't want to fire Harsin" yet you start a thread titled "Harsin Lost us this Game". So yeah, I'm calling you our for speaking out both sides of your mouth.

Can you really not separate the ideas of "this staff is costing us games" and "I want Harsin fired"? Are you that much of an extremist?

I want Bobo out and Harsin to grow as a game manager. If I wanted the guy fired, I'd say as much. Don't put words in my mouth.

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Alright then let's breakdown the final 11 minutes. I'll pose things in yes or no questions.

1. Have you ever seen a quarterback more severely injured and hobbled sent back onto a football field than TJ Finley was tonight?

2. Do you think it was wise to call a pass with him on the first play following the injury, after a crucial 4th down stop from our defense, and holding a 10-0 lead late in the game? Reminder, this pass was intercepted, immediately resurrecting Alabama's hopes. 

3. Do you think it was wise to keep him in after his 2nd attempted pass was ALSO intercepted, even though we were bailed out by a roughing call?

4. With the clock stopped following Tank's run out of bounds with 1:40 to go, setting up a 3rd and 2, did you agree with not taking a timeout to come up with the best possible playcall to seal the game? (The Shenker play would have won the game then and there.)

5. On the actual 3rd and 2, did you like the HB dive call with no lead or pulling blockers into the teeth of a goalline set?

I'm giving you specific questions. I don't come to these opinions lightly. If you want to dismiss them, do so by making an argument.

All the bashing, but nobody going to take a stab at these?

Guys. We had this game. We. Gave. It. Away.

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Our kids are 10-2. Our staff is 6-6. I'm not saying to fire the guy. But we have had 4 games where coaching decisions were the difference. Period. 

Fine. Get another coach. Do all the recruiting. Lead the charge. Who will the next coach be? You be the point man. Go get him.

5 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Yep. And if I’m a rival, I’m showing this to every recruit out there. Again. Great job.

Yeah, you've definitely got a great handle on what message boards are and their key role in the status of a program.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Can you really not separate the ideas of "this staff is costing us games" and "I want Harsin fired"? Are you that much of an extremist?

I want Bobo out and Harsin to grow as a game manager. If I wanted the guy fired, I'd say as much. Don't put words in my mouth.

I call it like I see it. Based on your most recent posts and threads, you don't like the staff. That's fine if so, just own it

With the language restrictions and such on the board, I'll stick with saying you're talking out both sides of your mouth.

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Then go to the Auburn Football complex and be heard! You tell them how coach, how to call plays, who to play and when. Go get’em.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

The slump in late season, is a concern. That could be attributed to lack of depth, injuries, and simply doing what you can with what you got. To win 6 games, and take the number 2 team in the nation, to 4 overtimes, is good coaching, and a lot of heart in these players. I have to agree with you. 

That’s not good enough for a few of the folks in here...

Edited by gctiger
  • Like 2

Yeah, you've definitely got a great handle on what message boards are and their key role in the status of a program.

Like I said. Lead the charge. Show the way.

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We looked 7 points better for 59:36. 

We absolutely kicked their ass defensively. I mean, manhandled them. Argue otherwise, please. 

The last time I checked there are 60 minutes in a football game.  We couldn’t quite finish.  It happens.  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

The slump in late season, is a concern. That could be attributed to lack of depth, injuries, and simply doing what you can with what you got. To win 6 games, and take the number 2 team in the nation, to 4 overtimes, is good coaching, and a lot of heart in these players. I have to agree with you. 

You lost me and probably a lot of other people at “to win six games…”  Two of the six losses are inexcusable and the fade call in the Penn State game, just wow on that one but you can’t hang the entire loss on that one play   

You hit it right saying those kids played with a lot of heart.  They left everything on the field and played well enough to win.  The play calling though….

Hopefully things go well in the transfer portal or next season will make this one look like a natty run.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, selias said:

I call it like I see it. Based on your most recent posts and threads, you don't like the staff. That's fine if so, just own it

With the language restrictions and such on the board, I'll stick with saying you're talking out both sides of your mouth.

Yeah, well maybe that's how you operate but not everyone thinks so black and white. Big problem with discourse these days. 

Go to the recruiting thread. Just yesterday I said Harsin should get 3 years minimum. I still believe so. Why in the absolute **** would I lie?

4 minutes ago, gctiger said:

That’s not good enough for a few of the folks in here...

Blowing 3 straight double digit leads is not good enough, no. Blowing a game that was absolutely in the bag to a very beatable Alabama team at home is not good enough, no. Losing 4 straight is not good enough, no. 

I want CBH to have a chance to turn it around. But we absolutely CANNOT accept mediocrity or be happy about losses like tonight. This program has come too far in the past 4 decades to fade into irrelevancy. 

Yeah, well maybe that's how you operate but not everyone thinks so black and white. Big problem with discourse these days. 

Go to the recruiting thread. Just yesterday I said Harsin should get 3 years minimum. I still believe so. Why in the absolute **** would I lie?

Then support the man. Patience is not “golly gee everything is roses”. Patience is letting the man build something. And yes he’s gonna make a few mistakes. He’s still a relatively young man. It 

Blowing 3 straight double digit leads is not good enough, no. Blowing a game that was absolutely in the bag to a very beatable Alabama team at home is not good enough, no. Losing 4 straight is not good enough, no. 

I want CBH to have a chance to turn it around. But we absolutely CANNOT accept mediocrity or be happy about losses like tonight. This program has come too far in the past 4 decades to fade into irrelevancy. 

So what happens when you don’t accept it? You fire the guy? Or yell in his face? Do you think that helps? At all? Just flinging emotions around like a child. The title of this thread is beyond classless. I’m sorry. You should know better.

• Love 1

When you look at today’s game in its entirety, there’s nothing mediocre about it, but you’re certainly entitled to obsess on several plays if you wish. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Then support the man. Patience is not “golly gee everything is roses”. Patience is letting the man build something. And yes he’s gonna make a few mistakes. He’s still a relatively young man. It 

So what happens when you don’t accept it? You fire the guy? Or yell in his face? Do you think that helps? At all? Just flinging emotions around like a child. The title of this thread is beyond classless. I’m sorry. You should know better.

Just log off, guy. Football forums aren't for you.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

In an earlier response, you stated Mason had done an excellent job only to have Harsin and Bobo undo it.  His defense allowed Bama to go for 93 yards in under 2 minutes tie the game.  He also allowed 40 points in barely a half in the MSU game.  Why aren’t you throwing him under the bus too?

Harsin is the reason we lost the game. As I mentioned earlier, when you need 2 yards and you have 2 attempts to get it to put away the game. Why would you not utilize your 6'7 QB and fall forward 2x while Tank pushes him forward? Instead you go ahead with a Dive play out of the Shotgun 5 yards back lol. That's just stupid play calling. Blame it on Bobo or Aubie if you want, but Harsin has the headset on and it's just as much as his offense since it's a hybrid mix. He could easily override and go with something else, but it looked to be his call.

Another was earlier when TJ got sacked and taken out of FG range. You don't take that risk there with a call like that. Just go conservative and keep the field position.

@bigbird You're a coach. What would you have done in those situations?

Other than all that. Proud of the team, they fought their asses off and almost pulled a huge W out. Especially the Defense.

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

In an earlier response, you stated Mason had done an excellent job only to have Harsin and Bobo undo it.  His defense allowed Bama to go for 93 yards in under 2 minutes tie the game.  He also allowed 40 points in barely a half in the MSU game.  Why aren’t you throwing him under the bus too?

Because 1 bad game (MSU) is 1 bad game. Tonight was one of the best called games I've ever seen. He held the Heisman front runner and arguably the nation's best offense to 3 points for what should have been the entirety of the game. Alabama should have never gotten the ball back after we stopped them on 4th down at their own 45 with 2 minutes left. The offense blew it.

I mean did you watch the game? Are you new to football?

2 minutes ago, clwn said:

Harsin is the reason we lost the game. As I mentioned earlier, when you need 2 yards and you have 2 attempts to get it to put away the game. Why would you not utilize your 6'7 QB and fall forward 2x while Tank pushes him forward? Instead you go ahead with a Dive play out of the Shotgun 5 yards back lol. That's just stupid play calling. Blame it on Bobo or Aubie if you want, but Harsin has the headset on and it's just as much as his offense since it's a hybrid mix. He could easily override and go with something else, but it looked to be his call.

Another was earlier when TJ got sacked and taken out of FG range. You don't take that risk there with a call like that. Just go conservative and keep the field position.

@bigbird You're a coach. What would you have done in those situations?

Other than all that. Proud of the team, they fought their asses off and almost pulled a huge W out. Especially the Defense.

Yup.

Here is the defense we ran a dive into with the game on the line. I wish somebody would try to argue in favor of it.

PICK YOUR BEST TWO POINT PLAY AND RUN IT HERE!

Screenshot_20211127-225350_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211127-225427_YouTube.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gctiger said:

The last time I checked there are 60 minutes in a football game.  We couldn’t quite finish.  It happens.  

The disturbing part is this has happened the last three games in a row. There seems to be a pattern that´s casting doubt on our coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

The disturbing part is this has happened the last three games in a row. There seems to be a pattern that´s casting doubt on our coaching staff.

Exactly. If we beat MSU and USCe, and lose like we did tonight, I would still be really pissed but I could chalk it up to one blown game.

This is 3 in a row now. And every game decided in the 4th this year we have lost. 

2 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Injuries and lack of depth leads to fatigue. Kids are playing hard, getting off to pretty good starts, but’s difficult to coach around a running game getting stuffed and QBs getting killed. Bigsby and Finley took a beating in the backfield today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Tough loss.

We were pretty bad this year if we’re all being honest with each other we had no business being in that game.

I think the biggest takeaway really is that the cracks are showing at Alabama.

This is what I'm watching closely. Not sure how big the cracks are, but this is not your typical Bama team. An early season scare from what has proven to be a bad Florida team. A lost to a TAMU team that is, like Auburn, limping to the finish line. An LSU win that was probably to close for a home game. An Akry team that took them to the wire.  And a battered and beaten Auburn team (no starting QB, no All SEC kicker, and an OLine with major issues, and suspect Defense) that took Bama to quadruple OT.

Things may be shifting in the other direction for Bama, but that still may not come as fast as we would like.

But I'm watching ...

Edited by Never2Yield
  • Like 2