Harsin Lost us this Game

AUght2win

5 hours ago, wde21 said:

The glaring problem at the end of the game was snapping the ball with 18 seconds on the play clock twice! And throwing the ball when Finley obviously couldn’t push off and stopping the clock. Without this bama has about 40-45 seconds less at the end of the game. Would have made a big difference• I really feel for the players- they gave it there all.

The drive Finley throws a pick, if we just run it 3 times and punt it's inside of 8 minutes, 10-0, and the ball inside the 5. Instead we give them the ball at the 45 with new life and 11 minutes. Insanity. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I’ll play.   1) didn’t think it was a bad play call.   Auburn wasn’t getting anything running, 1st down play was there for a good gain (5 or 6 yards) but the pass could have been better and should have been caught.   Unfortunate that instead of just falling to the ground, it went through his hands 

2)see #1

3) if you needed to know how he felt about the 3rd and 4th string qb’s , you shouldn’t look any further than he put a gimpy qb back into the game.  Should answer the question for you 

4) I would have loved to have seen a different play called, but it wasn’t and Bama had to use their final timeout.   Must be noted that the play prior stopped the clock allowing them to use final timeout on said 3rd down play

5). It wasn’t a HB dive call.  It was a HB stretch run that Bama completely blew up with 10 men in the box.   Here is where you would like to have seen something that hasn’t been done all year   
This is the only part that I agree with you on.  If he is going run and 4th and 1 against South Carolina at your own 35 and throw a deep pass, I felt like he should have called a something else (me, I would have ran a reverse off of that same formation with #6).   

Lastly,   I truly thought the best time to go for the win was during the 1st OT.  

You didn't read the questions. The answer to #1 makes no sense. #3 wasn't about Harsin's opinion of his QBs. It was about the decision to keep passing after it was clear Finley couldn't. Lastly it absolutely was NOT a stretch play.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

If some people refuse to see the massive improvements across the board then there's nothing else that they will accept as truth, they will only see their truth.

Love to hear a logical argument for how we've improved. We beat a ranked Arkansas on the road then a 10 win Ole Miss soundly the night before Halloween to put us at 6-2. 

Then we lose the next 4. We don't score a touchdown at TAMU. We allow 40 unanswered points to MSU. We lose to one of the worst teams in the conference and a fellow 1st year head coach at USCe. We blow a 10-0 lead late to Alabama.

Where, specifically, is there improvement? 

Edited by AUght2win

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Love to hear a logical argument for how we've improved. We beat a ranked Arkansas on the road then a 10 win Ole Miss soundly the night before Halloween to put us at 6-2. 

Then we lose the next 4. We don't score a touchdown at TAMU. We allow 40 unanswered points to MSU. We lose to one of the worst teams in the conference and a fellow 1st year head coach at USCe. We blow a 10-0 lead late to Alabama.

It’s been a wash IMO. Bo has gotten better but then u have 4 consecutive losses and one historic debacle. U don’t have as many WTH moments but some do exist that has cost the team games. My stance has been made of what I though of the hire. 
I am gonna wait it out until year 3 on paper it appears it will be worse than this year. 
The wildcards here is Bo comments on whether he is returning and are recruits buying the process.

32 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If you are unable to see it for yourself, then having it pointed out for you again, after multiple others have, isn't going to do a damn bit of difference.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If you are unable to see it for yourself, then having it pointed out for you again, after multiple others have, isn't going to do a damn bit of difference.

Yeah, again, this is where you could actually flex your muscles but refuse to. Very strange. Why should anyone take a vague, unspecified "we're improving" comment as more than wishful thinking? 

It's 11/28. Are we a better football team than we were on 10/30? To any sane person, the answer is no. If you have a "they live" ability to see what the layman can't, then you need to explain and get specific.

I certainly can - the playcalling, offensive line, tackling, and second half play have all gotten demonstrably worse in November.

47 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Compare 2020 iron bowl. Compare Nix. Those are a couple of the most obvious improvements that are a matter of record. Easy argument to believe wo I Hutto Nix and OP, we would have won at least 2 more games if not three.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah, again, this is where you could actually flex your muscles but refuse to. Very strange. Why should anyone take a vague, unspecified "we're improving" comment as more than wishful thinking? 

It's 11/28. Are we a better football team than we were on 10/30? To any sane person, the answer is no. If you have a "they live" ability to see what the layman can't, then you need to explain and get specific.

I certainly can - the playcalling, offensive line, tackling, and second half play have all gotten demonstrably worse in November.

mouxy-cotorep.gif

There's absolutely no reason to flex on you. FTR, I don't play basketball against my niece either.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

mouxy-cotorep.gif

There's absolutely no reason to flex on you. FTR, I don't play basketball against my niece either.

Yeah. You'll chime in on how you're smarter than everyone else but when pressed into conversation for actual specifics, you shy away. Bad faith and cowardly. 

13 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

By Bama's standards, they had a mediocre season and still finished 10-2. They're about to get waxed by Georgia but if 10-2 is showing cracks, then they have a rock solid foundation. I would kill for that type of mediocrity along with a perennial top 3 recruiting class at Auburn.

I mean, yea, they do have a rock solid foundation. I think everyone knows that. But they were not dominant this year and juuuust squeaked by against a number of mediocre teams despite a considerable talent advantage.

Only time will tell, but I think this game was actually more worrisome for them than us regarding the future.

The entire premise of this thread is faulty. Of course you can look back on a few decisions in a loss that were not great. 

But the fact is the HC put the team in position to beat a much more talented team. It was a great effort overall. This is not the game to complain about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

The entire premise of this thread is faulty. Of course you can look back on a few decisions in a loss that were not great. 

But the fact is the HC put the team in position to beat a much more talented team. It was a great effort overall. This is not the game to complain about. 

You'd be right if it weren't part of a pattern. The shellacking we put on a 10 win OM proves we are a much more talented and capable team than 6 wins shows. I feel the staff has let the kids down. 

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah. You'll chime in on how you're smarter than everyone else but when pressed into conversation for actual specifics, you shy away. Bad faith and cowardly. 

Again, I've never said or ever implied I'm smarter than anyone. In fact, there is a ton I don't know and continue to learn.  The fact that you keep saying that is hilarious and a little embarrassing.

You're takes are over the top emotionally and way short on logic and reason

I have to question the intelligence and football savvy of many on this board. Especially the person who started this post. How many football games have you coached? How many have you played in at any level? Auburn took Bammer to the wire and almost pulled it off with a QB that could barely walk. If we had a better, viable option at QB he would have been in there. I trust Coach Harsin to make the right decisions for the team short and long term. Bitch and moan like a bunch of babies. How many of YOU sat in Legion Field 9 years to finally beat UAT? Rant off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

You didn't read the questions. The answer to #1 makes no sense. #3 wasn't about Harsin's opinion of his QBs. It was about the decision to keep passing after it was clear Finley couldn't. Lastly it absolutely was NOT a stretch play.

You obviously have an opinion that is not favorable to this staff and the direction the program is headed.   That’s your choice and god speed my man or woman.   
I’m going to keep pulling for the tigers without having to judge every single thing this staff does.   If in whatever time Harsin is given and it doesn’t work out, he will be let go and Auburn will hire someone else.  If you can’t watch the games and get some joy in how they played last night, you have some issues. I can watch and have an opinion and in the end be thankful that I’m not an Alabama fan.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Again, I've never said or ever implied I'm smarter than anyone. In fact, there is a ton I don't know and continue to learn.  The fact that you keep saying that is hilarious and a little embarrassing.

You're takes are over the top emotionally and way short on logic and reason

Show me your logic and reason besides "I just know".

And please. What do you think popping into a thread and saying "a whole lot of dumb in here" means? You didn't previously strike me as a disingenuous person.

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You'd be right if it weren't part of a pattern. The shellacking we put on a 10 win OM proves we are a much more talented and capable team than 6 wins shows. I feel the staff has let the kids down. 

You’re taking too much from the OM game. We were coming off a bye week, with a healthy first string QB, not an injured second string QB. Ole Miss was beat up. That game just went our way. 

It doesn’t mean the staff let the kids down by not beating Bama or whatever you’re on about. 

5 minutes ago, tiger78 said:

I have to question the intelligence and football savvy of many on this board. Especially the person who started this post. How many football games have you coached? How many have you played in at any level? Auburn took Bammer to the wire and almost pulled it off with a QB that could barely walk. If we had a better, viable option at QB he would have been in there. I trust Coach Harsin to make the right decisions for the team short and long term. Bitch and moan like a bunch of babies. How many of YOU sat in Legion Field 9 years to finally beat UAT? Rant off.

The days of being happy to just play Alabama close ended when Bo went over the top that afternoon. Have more self respect as an Auburn fan than to be happy with a blown lead to Alabama. 

17 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What do you think popping into a thread and saying "a whole lot of dumb in here" means? 

It means there were a lot of overly emotional grown men acting like whiney kids spewing terribly dumb takes.

You reading that as, I'm smarter than you is absolutely hilarious.

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

You’re taking too much from the OM game. We were coming off a bye week, with a healthy first string QB, not an injured second string QB. Ole Miss was beat up. That game just went our way. 

It doesn’t mean the staff let the kids down by not beating Bama or whatever you’re on about. 

So that's completely subjective. Your take of the OM game was it was a fluke. My take is that it showed our potential and what we were capable of.

Other moments showing how good our team could be were dominating a ranked Arkansas on the road, coming back to beat LSU in BR, fighting to the last play during a whiteout at PSU, and jumping out to a 28-3 lead on MSU.

There were more than a few flashes showing how this squad had the tools to win. 

My also-subjective opinion is you're being too pessimistic by believing that the past month is who we truly are, and not the first two. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It means there were a lot of overly emotional grown men acting like whiney kids spewing terribly dumb takes.

You reading that as, I'm smarter than you. Is absolutely hilarious.

You interpreting critiques of a millionaire college football coaches as "overly emotional grown men acting like whiney kids" is hilarious to me. It's football. People have takes. Grow up and tolerate them. And if you can't, at least have the decency to explain why you can't. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's also worth stating I would much rather start off 2-4 and finish 6-6 than to start 6-2 and finish 6-6.

Teams change over the course of seasons. Look at Florida. Look at Tennessee. Look at us. We aren't improving. That's what worries me.

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

So that's completely subjective. Your take of the OM game was it was a fluke. My take is that it showed our potential and what we were capable of.

Other moments showing how good our team could be were dominating a ranked Arkansas on the road, coming back to beat LSU in BR, fighting to the last play during a whiteout at PSU, and jumping out to a 28-3 lead on MSU.

There were more than a few flashes showing how this squad had the tools to win. 

My also-subjective opinion is you're being too pessimistic by believing that the past month is who we truly are, and not the first two. 

Now you’re just making up things you think I think. I enjoy debate, but not this kind. I simply disagreed that beating OM means we should expect to beat Bama. And pointed out a couple notable factors that aren’t subjective at all. 

I’m going to go do anything else now. 

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's also worth stating I would much rather start off 2-4 and finish 6-6 than to start 6-2 and finish 6-6.

Teams change over the course of seasons. Look at Florida. Look at Tennessee. Look at us. We aren't improving. That's what worries me.

I think there are two factors at play.  One is injuries at critical positions that allow us to score points.  The second, well-coached SEC teams eventually caught up to what we were doing and how we were hiding major deficiencies.  It seems to have gotten to a point where all answers were exhausted.

• Like 1