Harsin Lost us this Game

AUght2win

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You interpreting critiques of a millionaire college football coaches as "overly emotional grown men acting like whiney kids" is hilarious to me. It's football.

Whole lot of dumb critiques were hilarious to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You interpreting critiques of a millionaire college football coaches as "overly emotional grown men acting like whiney kids" is hilarious to me. It's football. People have takes. Grow up and tolerate them. And if you can't, at least have the decency to explain why you can't. 

You would find it hilarious. You're one of the biggest contributors to that type of behavior.

People do have takes. You're take that started this thread was dumb. It was dumb for a number of reasons. Those reasons have been expressed and explained to you throughout this thread.  Your response to them, double down on the nearsightedness. That's childlike and dumb. 

Why anyone would waste time rehashing 11 pages of takes explaining all of it to you is typical. Learn a little so others don't need to bottle feed your lack of understanding

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Auburn football 1980: 5-6, lost to #9 UA by 16.

Auburn football 1981: 5-6, lost to #4 UA by 11 blowing a 3 point fourth quarter lead.

Anybody with a pulse knew that the Auburn football program was headed a very different direction by watching the product on the field rather than just looking at the end result. Records and scores don’t always tell the whole story.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

People do have takes. You're take that started this thread was dumb. It was dumb for a number of reasons. Those reasons have been expressed and explained to you throughout this thread.

They really and truly haven't been. Continuing to play and throw with TJ and not understanding the importance of 3rd and 2 (the two points that the thread is built on) have been largely, if not wholly, ignored throughout this thread. The few attempts to justify it were "dumb" (if that's your buzzword).

Again, I have never seen a kid that badly injured asked to play an entire quarter of football. It will never be justifiable.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

They really and truly haven't been. Continuing to play and throw with TJ and not understanding the importance of 3rd and 2 (the two points that the thread is built on) have been largely, if not wholly, ignored throughout this thread. The few attempts to justify it were "dumb" (if that's your buzzword).

Again, I have never seen a kid that badly injured asked to play an entire quarter of football. It will never be justifiable.

It’s been pointed out to you by numerous post.  The coaches believed that even hurt Finley was the best option.   My god how is that difficult to grasp.   You may not like it but it doesn’t take a genius to get it.   It may not be justifiable to you, but news flash, you don’t get a say.   You can bitch and moan on here all you want, but it doesn’t change that they kept playing him because they did not believe the backups could do what little he was being asked to do.   

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Again, I have never seen a kid that badly injured asked to play an entire quarter of football.

Sean White a couple of times

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Anybody with a pulse knew that the Auburn football program was headed a very different direction by watching the product on the field rather than just looking at the end result.

eddie-murphy-shut-up.gif

• Love 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

You would find it hilarious. You're one of the biggest contributors to that type of behavior.

People do have takes. You're take that started this thread was dumb. It was dumb for a number of reasons. Those reasons have been expressed and explained to you throughout this thread.  Your response to them, double down on the nearsightedness. That's childlike and dumb. 

Why anyone would waste time rehashing 11 pages of takes explaining all of it to you is typical. Learn a little so others don't need to bottle feed your lack of understanding

Holy shiitakes, BigBird just buried this man.  Someone arrest BigBird for first degree premeditated, deliberated murder.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Sean White, KJ, and I am sure Gus ran other injured RBs.

3 hours ago, cbo said:

Now you’re just making up things you think I think. I enjoy debate, but not this kind. I simply disagreed that beating OM means we should expect to beat Bama. And pointed out a couple notable factors that aren’t subjective at all. 

I’m going to go do anything else now. 

I’m totally working this into a work convo this week.

Thank you so very much!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

It’s been pointed out to you by numerous post.  The coaches believed that even hurt Finley was the best option.   My god how is that difficult to grasp.   You may not like it but it doesn’t take a genius to get it.   It may not be justifiable to you, but news flash, you don’t get a say.   You can bitch and moan on here all you want, but it doesn’t change that they kept playing him because they did not believe the backups could do what little he was being asked to do.   

So if a coach believes it, that makes it the correct call??? Do you know what kind of insane precedent that sets? 

Mike Bobo thought a deep tight route to a tight end on 4th and 1 was our best chance at USC. Gus Malzahn thought the Cox Cat and 3 rotating QBs was our best chance against Clemson. 

Obviously whatever any coach does, he thinks it's the right call. That's what worries me. It clearly WASN'T, just like the Bobo call and Cox Cat mentioned above.

Since when are football coaches owed any blind faith? What a nonsensical response. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Sean White a couple of times

Visibly? No. But I take your point. However, was it the right call to keep Sean in at UGA? How'd that go for us?

Edited by AUght2win

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah they were definitely in the same shape TJ was last night. 

Thanks for agreeing with me, bud.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Since when are football coaches owed any blind faith? What a nonsensical response. 

You seriously don’t get it.  It’s not blind faith.   They run the team.    We don’t     No amount of whining or moaning about this call or that call is not going to sway the opinion of a coach.   And if it did, what kind of coach would that be? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You seriously don’t get it.  It’s not blind faith.   They run the team.    We don’t     No amount of whining or moaning about this call or that call is not going to sway the opinion of a coach.   And if it did, what kind of coach would that be? 

What is with these people who believe only coaches should comment on football? You have any opinions on music? TV? Politics? Do you do all of those thing professionally, as well?

And also, I, along with most everyone else on this board excoriated Gus for his terrible decisions. Did you have the opinion of "let the coaches coach" during his tenure, too?

23 hours ago, AUght2win said:

By keeping TJ in on one leg. Made us one dimensional. Put in DD and run read at least.

Also not calling a timeout and dialing up your best play one 3rd and 2 to win the game. 

Backbreaking.

Biggest mistake was failing to go for two in the first OT after the TD to win the game. You know you got a bummed up QB and the longer the game goes the worse it will get. Heck when we did go fir two in the 3rd OT we made it. Just a stupid call and one that should give him nightmares forever. Say what you want but I promise you AU will fire Harsin next year. He is in way over his head. 

You might think that Harsin would have learned from last week when he left Bo in the game. I’m sure that helped Bo’s ankle out. So what do we do if TJ can’t play now? Just not a smart move no matter how you cut it. And personally I don’t like any coach that allows a player to play with a serious injury. We should value the player more than the win. And don’t tell me how much TJ or Bo wanted to play, coaches are the adults In The room and should be insuring the safety of the player. 

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

On the 3rd and two I was begging for two QB sneaks.

On the other, I would've tried a RB screen to Jarquez or a flare to Shivers They left our backs alone in the flats a good bit and TJ rarely read through the progression.

I like what Bobo was trying when he ran some half-roll plays for TJ, but he never let it rip. Those are supposed to be quick hitting, nothing last night was quick with Finley except his release. He reminded me a lot of Jason Campbell as a sophomore. 

There were definitely some questionable offensive play calls, but the majority of the calls would have worked or been effective if 1)we had and any push from the OL and 2) Finley didn't pump fake and hold the ball so long.

The team played well enough to win, but also bad enough to lose. A whole lot of missed assignments on O that would've put the game away long before the last 90 seconds. Missed assignments and lost battles don't fall on coaches. The players were in positions to make plays and win the game. We didn't.

Learning how to win and learning how not to lose is a difficult process and two distinctly different things. We are having a crash course on both. If some people refuse to see the massive improvements across the board then there's nothing else that they will accept as truth, they will only see their truth.

Shivers was open several times and the last had Finley looked his way there was 1 defender between Shivers and the endzone.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You must’ve missed Byron Leftwich’s teammates carrying him between snaps in a game at Marshall. Became a legendary moment in sports and he went on to a great NFL career. If you’re that hurt about it, take it up with TJ. His post game comments seem to indicate  he’s doing fine. Or perhaps contact the medical staff and share your concerns. 

Edited by Gowebb11

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He is in way over his head. 

Did you believe this when he started 6-2, beating LSU in Baton Rouge, ranked Arky on the road, and a Top 10 OM team? 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Carnell said:

The main reason we lost that game 156 yards of total offense which included 3 overtime.   If we had a decent OC instead of Coach Bozo we would have put that game out of reach during regulation. 

Our D got tired in 2nd half but while Bama D stayed on the field the same amount of time the superior depth kept them from getting tired.

Find me an OL on our roster that could get it done. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Are there things that could have been done to improve our chances to win? Sure. Yet, you're complaining that a staff that's been together less than a year, fielding players that hadn't been developed, and attempting to create a culture change (while doing game prep and developing said players) couldn't beat the #2 team in the nation AFTER holding them to 0 points through most of the game. Get a ******* grip.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You might think that Harsin would have learned from last week when he left Bo in the game. I’m sure that helped Bo’s ankle out. So what do we do if TJ can’t play now? Just not a smart move no matter how you cut it. And personally I don’t like any coach that allows a player to play with a serious injury. We should value the player more than the win. And don’t tell me how much TJ or Bo wanted to play, coaches are the adults In The room and should be insuring the safety of the player. 

Get out of here, Karen!   You have never played sports I see.   Are you one of those helicopter parents?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, selias said:

Find me an OL on our roster that could get it done. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I’m not a fan of our O line but Zierer is an exception. He looked great against both Arky and Bama. His block allowed Shenker to score the 2 pt conversion last night. Should’ve been starting all year in my opinion, and look forward to watching him next season. But he’s the only one I’m excited about. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I feel the staff has let the kids down

I would be willing to bet the kids felt they let the coaching staff down after Saturday’s Iron Bowl.  Harsin never lost this team as you are suggesting.  Harsin didn’t hide in his shell after the USCe game, he came up with a game plan that was remarkable.  Those players were doing as they were coached and they believed in what they were doing.

• Like 1