Harsin Lost us this Game

AUght2win

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Alright then let's breakdown the final 11 minutes. I'll pose things in yes or no questions.

1. Have you ever seen a quarterback more severely injured and hobbled sent back onto a football field than TJ Finley was tonight?

2. Do you think it was wise to call a pass with him on the first play following the injury, after a crucial 4th down stop from our defense, and holding a 10-0 lead late in the game? Reminder, this pass was intercepted, immediately resurrecting Alabama's hopes. 

3. Do you think it was wise to keep him in after his 2nd attempted pass was ALSO intercepted, even though we were bailed out by a roughing call?

4. With the clock stopped following Tank's run out of bounds with 1:40 to go, setting up a 3rd and 2, did you agree with not taking a timeout to come up with the best possible playcall to seal the game? (The Shenker play would have won the game then and there.)

5. On the actual 3rd and 2, did you like the HB dive call with no lead or pulling blockers into the teeth of a goalline set?

I'm giving you specific questions. I don't come to these opinions lightly. If you want to dismiss them, do so by making an argument.

It hit the receiver in his hands!! His, hands I tell you!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

It hit the receiver in his hands!! His, hands I tell you!!

So that's number 1. It was high but that's valid. Kobe could have caught it. What about the other 4 questions. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

So that's number 1. It was high but that's valid. Kobe could have caught it. What about the other 4 questions. 

That probably means your points are invalid. Hindsight is 20/20 and we should have won the game but that's why you're here and they're coaching. Capisce.. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

This is what I'm watching closely. Not sure how big the cracks are, but this is not your typical Bama team. An early season scare from what has proven to be a bad Florida team. A lost to a TAMU team that is, like Auburn, limping to the finish line. An LSU win that was probably to close for a home game. An Akry team that took them to the wire.  And a battered and beaten Auburn team (no starting QB, no All SEC kicker, and an OLine with major issues, and suspect Defense) that took Bama to quadruple OT.

Things may be shifting in the other direction for Bama, but that still may not come as fast as we would like.

But I watch ...

By Bama's standards, they had a mediocre season and still finished 10-2. They're about to get waxed by Georgia but if 10-2 is showing cracks, then they have a rock solid foundation. I would kill for that type of mediocrity along with a perennial top 3 recruiting class at Auburn.

26 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

That probably means your points are invalid. Hindsight is 20/20 and we should have won the game but that's why you're here and they're coaching. Capisce.. 

So you're balking. That's what I thought...

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

By keeping TJ in on one leg. Made us one dimensional. Put in DD and run read at least.

Also not calling a timeout and dialing up your best play one 3rd and 2 to win the game. 

Backbreaking.

Bama will be playing in the SECCG. I’m sure there is room on the wagon…

Edited by CCTAU

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Our kids are 10-2. Our staff is 6-6. I'm not saying to fire the guy. But we have had 4 games where coaching decisions were the difference. Period. 

Perhaps not having Bo was the difference.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gctiger said:

In an earlier response, you stated Mason had done an excellent job only to have Harsin and Bobo undo it.  His defense allowed Bama to go for 93 yards in under 2 minutes tie the game.  He also allowed 40 points in barely a half in the MSU game.  Why aren’t you throwing him under the bus too?

That was last week

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

The disturbing part is this has happened the last three games in a row. There seems to be a pattern that´s casting doubt on our coaching staff.

I agree that it’s concerning, but we’ve also been without some key players, which unfortunately makes for a different team.  You take away Cam Newton or Nick Fairley and we very likely don’t get a Natty on 2010.  Pappoe, Nix, Carlson have all missed at least 2 games.  They would have likely made a difference yesterday.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I agree that it’s concerning, but we’ve also been without some key players, which unfortunately makes for a different team.  You take away Cam Newton or Nick Fairley and we very likely don’t get a Natty on 2010.  Pappoe, Nix, Carlson have all missed at least 2 games.  They would have likely made a difference yesterday.  

We definitely would've attempted 1-2 more FGs with a healthy AC, IMO

• Like 3

The glaring problem at the end of the game was snapping the ball with 18 seconds on the play clock twice! And throwing the ball when Finley obviously couldn’t push off and stopping the clock. Without this bama has about 40-45 seconds less at the end of the game. Would have made a big difference• I really feel for the players- they gave it there all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

pose things in yes or no questions.

1. Have you ever seen a quarterback more severely injured and hobbled sent back onto a football field than TJ Finley was tonight?

2. Do you think it was wise to call a pass with him on the first play following the injury, after a crucial 4th down stop from our defense, and holding a 10-0 lead late in the game? Reminder, this pass was intercepted, immediately resurrecting Alabama's hopes. 

3. Do you think it was wise to keep him in after his 2nd attempted pass was ALSO intercepted, even though we were bailed out by a roughing call?

4. With the clock stopped following Tank's run out of bounds with 1:40 to go, setting up a 3rd and 2, did you agree with not taking a timeout to come up with the best possible playcall to seal the game? (The Shenker play would have won the game then and there.)

5. On the actual 3rd and 2, did you like the HB dive call with no lead or pulling blockers into the teeth of a goalline set?

I’ll play.   1) didn’t think it was a bad play call.   Auburn wasn’t getting anything running, 1st down play was there for a good gain (5 or 6 yards) but the pass could have been better and should have been caught.   Unfortunate that instead of just falling to the ground, it went through his hands 

2)see #1

3) if you needed to know how he felt about the 3rd and 4th string qb’s , you shouldn’t look any further than he put a gimpy qb back into the game.  Should answer the question for you 

4) I would have loved to have seen a different play called, but it wasn’t and Bama had to use their final timeout.   Must be noted that the play prior stopped the clock allowing them to use final timeout on said 3rd down play

5). It wasn’t a HB dive call.  It was a HB stretch run that Bama completely blew up with 10 men in the box.   Here is where you would like to have seen something that hasn’t been done all year   
This is the only part that I agree with you on.  If he is going run and 4th and 1 against South Carolina at your own 35 and throw a deep pass, I felt like he should have called a something else (me, I would have ran a reverse off of that same formation with #6).   

Lastly,   I truly thought the best time to go for the win was during the 1st OT.  

11 minutes ago, wde21 said:

The glaring problem at the end of the game was snapping the ball with 18 seconds on the play clock twice! And throwing the ball when Finley obviously couldn’t push off and stopping the clock. Without this bama has about 40-45 seconds less at the end of the game. Would have made a big difference• I really feel for the players- they gave it there all.

Don’t even know where to start with this.  Obviously you don’t follow football.  Bama had used two timeouts, so the play clock wasn’t running, just snap clock.   Didn’t matter what it said as long as you snap the ball before it gets to zero.  They were able to save a timeout for 3rd down because Tank went out of bounds 

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Lastly,   I truly thought the best time to go for the win was during the 1st OT.  

Felt the same. Did not like our OT chances one bit. Would not have liked them with a healthy TJ.

Really do not care for the OT format. Suit me to do away with it other than championship games. At the least call a tie after 2 OTs.

26 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Don’t even know where to start with this.  Obviously you don’t follow football.  Bama had used two timeouts, so the play clock wasn’t running, just snap clock.   Didn’t matter what it said as long as you snap the ball before it gets to zero.  They were able to save a timeout for 3rd down because Tank went out of bounds 

This was on the drive before they took the timeouts I think. Obviously I know the play clock doesn’t run after a timeout. I was at the game so it was pretty chaotic. And we definitely helped them by throwing it with an injured qb.

Edited by wde21

Tank going out of bounds on that run really hurt us. I know he was fighting for the first down but he had to stay in bounds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Felt the same. Did not like our OT chances one bit. Would not have liked them with a healthy TJ.

Really do not care for the OT format. Suit me to do away with it other than championship games. At the least call a tie after 2 OTs.

Call a tie? A tie! No way. I do hate the new format.. Why did it need to be changed? Make the teams go for two after a touchdown like it use to be. It was never broke.

10 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Call a tie? A tie! No way. I do hate the new format.. Why did it need to be changed? Make the teams go for two after a touchdown like it use to be. It was never broke.

I like the new OT.

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Just curious? Take away OT and back to the old. Would Bammer have gone for 2 last night? I don’t think so.

The main reason we lost that game 156 yards of total offense which included 3 overtime.   If we had a decent OC instead of Coach Bozo we would have put that game out of reach during regulation. 

Our D got tired in 2nd half but while Bama D stayed on the field the same amount of time the superior depth kept them from getting tired.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Glad for your ability to locate but sorry to hear about the circumstances.

But seriously, you get this way and it’s on.

Oh and that link I shared earlier? Yeah, they ship. Their smoked boudin is AMAZING. @McLoofuscan vouch. I have cost him a semester in college by showing him that site.

Last paragraph 100% accurate.

• Love 1