Harsin Lost us this Game

AUght2win

15 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

No blame to Tank, but Harsin should have gone for 2 after that miracle catch by #40.   Drinkwitz did it against Florida.

With that Shenker play in the back pocket, that would have ended the game then and there.  If it failed?  So what?  It wouldnt affect our bowl bid (such as it is). For a chance to derail Bama's playoff shot?   More than worth it. 

Best coached game all year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Can't question the effort on defense.  Those kids played their hearts out.  Tons of grit.

Makes it that much more painful for me. That performance was like a 100 year flood. Won't see it again for a long time. Hats off to Mason and the kids on D. They were let down.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Not a drinker. Lifelong Auburn fan. I know situational football and we lost the game on 3rd and 2 by thoughtlessly giving a dive to Tank with a 1 legged QB in the backfield, not even presenting the illusion of a passing threat.

You must not know situational football.   Because #4 wasn’t getting a first down on the run outside.   He has to stay in bounds.   You got to have them use the timeout.   

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Agree with being 1 dementia all but you have no idea what DD knows and doesn’t know about the offense. This was by far the best game we have played all year . Can’t believe what you folks are saying. 

There was some good passing playcalls that Finley just couldn’t hit before he got hurt, but this is a pretty meh Bama defense. I’d say we played at least 3 teams that were more of a challenge on that end (maybe not more pure talent), although we had Nix back then 

• Like 1

For all the moral victory crowd.

4 weeks ago we were 6-2, red hot, and controlling our own destiny on the way to Atlanta.

If I had told you then how we blew this game to Alabama tonight, would you have been so giddy to just be competitive?

Alabama is not that good. We have better talent than 6-6 shows. I'm happy we were competitive. I'm not happy we gave the game away on coaching decisions. Those things scare me because they aren't likely to change with talent level.

You don't throw with TJ first play after rolling his ankle (pick). You don't stick with him after his second pass was also intercepted (roughing the passer was negated). AND YOU DON'T CALL THAT DIVE ON 3RD AND 2. 

I am still in shock this happened.

• Facepalm 1

Mason lost this..again. Went prevent on that last drive when he hasn’t the ENTIRE game. Literally changed what worked the entire game & went prevent. He lost it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You must not know situational football.   Because #4 wasn’t getting a first down on the run outside.   He has to stay in bounds.   You got to have them use the timeout.   

That goes without saying. But regardless we are 2 yards from winning on the next down. TWO. Why run a dive that had absolutely 0 chance? Watch the replay and tell me that isn't where we lost the game. 

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Mason lost this..again. Went prevent on that last drive when he hasn’t the ENTIRE game. Literally changed what worked the entire game & went prevent. He lost it

Not true. He still blitzed. Watch the replay of the 3rd down from inside Alabama's endzone.

Guest MustardSeed

Some people just need to admit they aren’t grown up enough to emotionally handle a bunch of guys they don’t know barely losing a game that has nothing to do with them 

34 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What's it say that our fans are satisfied with blowing an absolute in-the-bag win to Alabama? The win percentage chance after we stoned their RB on 4th and 1 was nearly 100. 

4th and 1 at USC is unacceptable 

4th and goal at the 2 at PSU is unacceptable 

40 unanswered points against MSU at home is unacceptable 

Blowing a historic iron bowl with the ball inside of 2 minutes on their 40 in unacceptable.

I’m not into moral victories but if there’s such thing as a good loss, this one is a textbook case.  I challenge you to support your statement with some relevant facts, and be sure to explain to everyone how our backups that are playing for our injured starters are more skilled and experienced than the guys that they are replacing.  Otherwise, please post less often.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Some people just need to admit they aren’t grown up enough to emotionally handle a bunch of guys they don’t know barely losing a game that has nothing to do with them 

The entire point of a message board is to do exactly what we’re doing. Talk ball & bich & moan when we want to. Gtfo party pooper

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Or maybe you need to admit you aren't emotionally mature enough to handle other people's opinions? I haven't said anything personal or unsavory about Harsin. Or anyone in this thread. Just go elsewhere if you can't tolerate it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

This is not Tank's fault. It's just not.

He ran out of bounds to make a 3rd and 2. It wasn't smart. But regardless the clock was stopped. 

IF WE GET TWO YARDS WE WIN THE GAME. CALL A TIMEOUT AND DIAL UP YOUR BEST TWO POINT PLAY TO CONVERT. CALL THE SHENKER THROWBACK. 

Instead? We immediately run a dive into a goalline defense with no lead blocker. Loss of 3.

^^This^^

I will never understand WHY, when your team has all the momentum, has been playing lights out and you have the chance to put the game away, WHY, WHY, WHY don't you line up, best on best, and be determined to whip the man in front of you and cram the ball right down their throat? 

Making a first down on that 3rd and 2 wins the game.  Plain and simple. That was the game right there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That goes without saying. But regardless we are 2 yards from winning on the next down. TWO. Why run a dive that had absolutely 0 chance? Watch the replay and tell me that isn't where we lost the game. 

I agree with you on the 3rd and 2 call.   I wished it had been another but they were loaded for the run and I’m not sure any play would have worked.  Hell. Nothing was working all night.   The game was going to be won by the defense, if he stays in bounds it would have given Auburn the best opportunity to win 

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

The entire point of a message board is to do exactly what we’re doing. Talk ball & bich & moan when we want to. Gtfo party pooper

Sorry. Didn’t realize complaining after an amazing game was how you’d define a party 😂

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I’m not into moral victories but if there’s such thing as a good loss, this one is a textbook case.  I challenge you to support your statement with some relevant facts, and be sure to explain to everyone how our backups that are playing for our injured starters are more skilled and experienced than the guys that they are replacing.  Otherwise, please post less often.  

Fact: TJ Finley had an ankle injury so serious it was actually legitimately hard from him to break the huddle.

Fact: His first two passes after said injury were picked. And a third was nearly picked. His plant foot being so badly damaged made it nearly impossible for him to throw. 

Fact: We have a highly touted freshman QB from Texas that is an excellent runner. Letting him run a basic read would have at least given us a chance. 

• Like 4

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Sorry. Didn’t realize complaining after an amazing game was how you’d define a party 😂

or complaining about people complaining? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

An amazing game? Man. This is what Auburn fans have been relegated to. One of the worst collapses and wasted defensive performances in IB history was "amazing". 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 1

We didn't run Finley when he was healthy....so many opportunities.  Just made it easy on Bama defense.  Can't believe the best Bobo could put on the field was a one legged qb.  Our offense cost that game. Defense played well enough to win.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

We lost this game for the same reason we lost the two previous games. Our OL can't block

so you're saying this is gus's fault 

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

or complaining about people complaining? 

Or complaining about complaining about people complaining?  😂. This can go for days 😂

3 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

We lost this game for the same reason we lost the two previous games. Our OL can't block

It's just hard to watch Brahms whiff block and stumble around, knowing how much playing time he has at this point.