Harsin Lost us this Game

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I agree we didn’t quit.  Effort (today) was unreal.  But I don’t follow that rationale. Anything less than “not quitting” is acceptable? We aren’t scoring in the second half, play calling like intermediate and long passes when we need short yardage for a first down, etc.   I’m just not seeing any reason to overlook the four straight losses and say something overly positive about Harsin. I don’t think our boys went out and played hard for Coach Harsin. I think they went out and played hard because they hate Alabama

You are exactly right. I hate that these players have had to put up with this mess. And then posters want to blame them. 

2 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I agree we didn’t quit.  Effort (today) was unreal.  But I don’t follow that rationale. Anything less than “not quitting” is acceptable? We aren’t scoring in the second half, play calling like intermediate and long passes when we need short yardage for a first down, etc.   I’m just not seeing any reason to overlook the four straight losses and say something overly positive about Harsin. I don’t think our boys went out and played hard for Coach Harsin. I think they went out and played hard because they hate Alabama

I'm not talking about the last 4 games. I'm talking tonight, the point of this thread.

Playing a 20 point favorite to a 2 point loss in 4OT (59 minutes of which they don't score a touchdown and have less than 25 yards rushing) with a backup quarterback and hardly any 2 deep = HUGE win by the coaching.

Harsin, while fielding an undermanned team, went toe to toe with Saban. Harsin is showing me that he's got the skills to be successful. Give him time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

We definitely should fire Harsin since he doesn’t want to win games

I have no idea why I even opened this thread. Just some absolutely unreal takes.

He doesn’t want to win?

Holy sheeeeit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

You are exactly right. I hate that these players have had to put up with this mess. And then posters want to blame them. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

No blame to Tank, but Harsin should have gone for 2 after that miracle catch by #40.   Drinkwitz did it against Florida.

With that Shenker play in the back pocket, that would have ended the game then and there.  If it failed?  So what?  It wouldnt affect our bowl bid (such as it is). For a chance to derail Bama's playoff shot?   More than worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

This idiot starts multiple threads after every loss, I hope alcohol is a factor.  Otherwise bless its ❤️ 

I'm absolutely don't have the knowledge of the x's and o's, like Cole or Bird, but there are some real emotional nuts, on this board, that post some of the craziest stuff. I know that much. 

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I have no idea why I even opened this thread. Just some absolutely unreal takes.

He doesn’t want to win?

Holy sheeeeit. 

It helps to be working and sober when you see the idiot takes. You hope for drunkenness on the other end as the excuse but I don’t know….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

If they don't fire Gus after this loss I'll pull out my checkbook and pay that buyout myself!

Yeah, he left us loaded with offensive linemen. 

Look, nobody is happy with 6-6.  Nobody is happy losing to Bama.  Nobody is happy that our best player tried to make a play that would have ICED THE DAMN GAME and it ending up costing us.   But lay off the liquor, get a nights sleep, and come back and comment.  Then we’ll know for sure who the true idiots are.  

• Thanks 1

This is not Tank's fault. It's just not.

He ran out of bounds to make a 3rd and 2. It wasn't smart. But regardless the clock was stopped. 

IF WE GET TWO YARDS WE WIN THE GAME. CALL A TIMEOUT AND DIAL UP YOUR BEST TWO POINT PLAY TO CONVERT. CALL THE SHENKER THROWBACK. 

Instead? We immediately run a dive into a goalline defense with no lead blocker. Loss of 3.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

This is not Tank's fault. It's just not.

He ran out of bounds to make a 3rd and 2. It wasn't smart. But regardless the clock was stopped. 

IF WE GET TWO YARDS WE WIN THE GAME. CALL A TIMEOUT AND DIAL UP YOUR BEST TWO POINT PLAY TO CONVERT. CALL THE SHENKER THROWBACK. 

Instead? We immediately run a dive into a goalline defense with no lead blocker. Loss of 3.

Not on Harsin. You know, your scapegoat?

9 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

No blame to Tank, but Harsin should have gone for 2 after that miracle catch by #40.   Drinkwitz did it against Florida.

With that Shenker play in the back pocket, that would have ended the game then and there.  If it failed?  So what?  It wouldnt affect our bowl bid (such as it is). For a chance to derail Bama's playoff shot?   More than worth it. 

How about run it on 3rd and 2 to officially end the game and not give the ball back to the Heisman frontrunner? 

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I'm not talking about the last 4 games. I'm talking tonight, the point of this thread.

Playing a 20 point favorite to a 2 point loss in 4OT (59 minutes of which they don't score a touchdown and have less than 25 yards rushing) with a backup quarterback and hardly any 2 deep = HUGE win by the coaching.

Harsin, while fielding an undermanned team, went toe to toe with Saban. Harsin is showing me that he's got the skills to be successful. Give him time.

I am giving credit to the players and Mason on this one. Harsin was a mostly a wash and Bobo is a liabilty. bammer is a mediocre team and we had a chance. Harsin and Bobo let another one slip away in the 2nd half.

If Harsin has skills he's done a poor job of showing them. Even if he does better next season he still has a long way to go. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Honestly,  Loy. We were running into stacked run blitzing D. We made ourselves way too one dimensional and predictable. Then we get to OT and TJ is chucking it. I got nothing against TJ- Warrior,  Competitor. Maybe my beef is with Bobo but it was piss poor play calling last few drives. 

• Like 1

Laughably bad QB management in the second half of the season. Just sad because how well he did in the first half 

No reason why DD shouldn’t have got sprinkled in a few times this year with the modern QB landscape and red shirt rules. And if you think so little of your backup QB’s readiness that he can’t just basically run the clock out (which is all we did with Finley in the fourth), then that reflects on you 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Curious who you might have subbed in?

Honestly,  Loy. We were running into stacked run blitzing D. We made ourselves way too one dimensional and predictable. Then we get to OT and TJ is chucking it. I got nothing against TJ- Warrior,  Competitor. Maybe my beef is with Bobo but it was piss poor play calling last few drives. 

3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Not on Harsin. You know, your scapegoat?

You can spin it however you want. The way we lost this game is absolutely spine-shattering. We've now blown 3 double digit leads in consecutive weeks.

This one was the most in-the-bag of them all.

We've beaten Alabama 3 of the last 4 in JHS. I don't take moral victories out of wasting a historic defensive effort to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Edited by AUght2win
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I definitely don’t know what you gain from putting out a tired defense against a clearly hot Bama passing game. If you lose, then **** it, lose. You’re playing with house money the second you decided to run out 10+ minutes of football with a hurt QB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

By keeping TJ in on one leg. Made us one dimensional. Put in DD and run read at least.

Also not calling a timeout and dialing up your best play one 3rd and 2 to win the game. 

Backbreaking.

Agree with being 1 dementia all but you have no idea what DD knows and doesn’t know about the offense. This was by far the best game we have played all year . Can’t believe what you folks are saying. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Look, nobody is happy with 6-6.  Nobody is happy losing to Bama.  Nobody is happy that our best player tried to make a play that would have ICED THE DAMN GAME and it ending up costing us.   But lay off the liquor, get a nights sleep, and come back and comment.  Then we’ll know for sure who the true idiots are.  

Not a drinker. Lifelong Auburn fan. I know situational football and we lost the game on 3rd and 2 by thoughtlessly giving a dive to Tank with a 1 legged QB in the backfield, not even presenting the illusion of a passing threat.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Agree with being 1 dementia all but you have no idea what DD knows and doesn’t know about the offense. This was by far the best game we have played all year . Can’t believe what you folks are saying. 

Defensively? Yes! Offensively and in terms of game management?! Absolutely not!!! We GAVE Alabama that game. 

• Dislike 1