Harsin Lost us this Game

AUght2win

59 minutes ago, gctiger said:

You must have not gotten the memo that this is a rebuilding year...

You had me up until this part. A rebuilding year would indicate that we have a plan to improve our talent for next year and field a better all around team. 

I’m like 95% sure we field a more untalented and inexperienced team next year, unless we pull out some freaking miracles in the portal. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Dumb thread. Harsin was the only reason we had a chance. 

LOL.  Harsin was the only reason we had a chance?  Funny.  Derek Mason was much more responsible for this game being an OT game than any other coach on that staff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You had me up until this part. A rebuilding year would indicate that we have a plan to improve our talent for next year and field a better all around team. 

I’m like 95% sure we field a more untalented and inexperienced team next year, unless we pull out some freaking miracles in the portal. 

It’s nearly always a rebuilding/project year, when a new head coach is hired.  New schemes, new terminology, learning curves, etc. 

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

LOL.  Harsin was the only reason we had a chance?  Funny.  Derek Mason was much more responsible for this game being an OT game than any other coach on that staff.

If this had been a MalzHn Steele production everyone would be praising Steele and coming for Malzahn's head. SHE talent on offense this year and worse production. Who takes responsibility for that? 

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Everyone here, should post their age, so that we may see if we take them seriously, or not. 

Mine- *varies with beer consumption 

But seriously the only thing anyone should ever take me seriously about is food. And beer. Oh, and music. Or setting woods on fire/putting it out. 

Football and coaching it? Ha! No. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Talk all you want but try to do so intelligently

Posts like this are great. Ignoring isn't enough, you have to make sure to stop by and announce how much smarter you are than those who want to talk. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Posts like this are great. Ignoring isn't enough, you have to make sure to stop by and announce how much smarter you are than those who want to talk. 

I never said or implied any of that, but if you feel that way, I'm not gonna stop you.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

You ever get to north Louisiana, I got you.

It's been a hot minute since I was that far south but, I will gladly take you up on the food, beverages, and fellowship should I get back down there.

I was lucky enough to land a job in my field back up here in Yankee-Land since Mom isn't doing well.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, selias said:

It's been a hot minute since I was that far south but, I will gladly take you up on the food, beverages, and fellowship should I get back down there.

I was lucky enough to land a job in my field back up here in Yankee-Land since Mom isn't doing well.

Glad for your ability to locate but sorry to hear about the circumstances.

But seriously, you get this way and it’s on.

Oh and that link I shared earlier? Yeah, they ship. Their smoked boudin is AMAZING. @McLoofuscan vouch. I have cost him a semester in college by showing him that site.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, gctiger said:

So which uninjured QB do we have that’s better than an injured Finley?

Fact: your boy Gus Malzahn never attempted to develop any depth on offense and is largely to blame for this mess.  

Fact: Harsin had already insinuated that DD is not his guy at QB, but you expect him to play anyway.  

Fact: There’s a huge talent gap between Auburn and Bama.  Most of our starters wouldn’t even crack the rotation chart at bama, yet you want them to play against Bama.  

There’s a good reason why Bama was a heavy favorite in this game, and there’s a good reason why they didn’t blow us out. Deal with it!

You must have not gotten the memo that this is a rebuilding year...

You’re right about the rebuilding year, but blowing leads in three straight games.   Totally unsat.  

I don’t want to see Harsin bolt.  I want to see him pull his head out of his ass and not lose to Miss State, SCar and put some points on the board against ATM.  

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Glad for your ability to locate but sorry to hear about the circumstances.

But seriously, you get this way and it’s on.

Oh and that link I shared earlier? Yeah, they ship. Their smoked boudin is AMAZING. @McLoofuscan vouch. I have cost him a semester in college by showing him that site.

I want to laugh and love that post. Parents age. It sucks but such is life. I'm back within a 2hr drive of my parents, and 15 minutes to my little brother.

Me and a friend that hails from TX educated our common friends on the glory that is a "boil" so, all is not lost. Educating Buckeyes on good, proper, and sharable Southern food is a bit of a reward in itself.

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Bird is a football coach. I think he may have a little different perspective. How many games have you coached? I have coached high school basketball, but I couldn't begin to scheme offenses, and defenses in the game of football, like these coaches. I coached a flag football team, once. LOL. This year turned out about like everyone thought it would. We were a few plays short, but there was marked improvement in many areas. IMO. Your beginning argument was, "Harsin cost us this game". That is so untrue. He was the reason we were competitive in it. To take a team that lost to Miss State, and SC, and then prepare them for their effort tonight, was great coaching, in my opinion. Granted, the offense was less than stellar, but we had our #2 QB, and our #2 kicker, and had a chance to win. If you had told me that before the game, I would have horse-laughed you. 

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Like 3

The definition of fickle. Auburn fans who want to fire a head coach and his entire staff DURING their first year. Sure. Let’s do it while USCw, LSU, and Florida are fishing from the same trough. No context or awareness of the roster situation. When you have NO depth, then yes, late in the season your gonna lose leads. Especially when your OL can’t block and can’t keep a QB from getting killed. Do you really believe that constantly throwing hissy fits at the coaching staff is going to attract top level recruits? Really?

• Like 1
  • Love 2