Harsin saying 6-6 is not a good first year.

autiger88

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Lol; more brilliance on your part. 😂

How is the soon to be two week search for an offensive coordinator going?

I'm sure its fine.  Not really worried about it to be honest.  Would rather have our coaches on the recruiting trail right now.

23 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Would rather have our coaches on the recruiting trail right now.

We've actually done better making up ground on several offensive recruits since Bobo has left.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm sure its fine.  Not really worried about it to be honest.  Would rather have our coaches on the recruiting trail right now.

With one coach fewer on the recruiting trail and no OC to talk to recruits, maybe this is a cause for concern. Not having an OC certainly isn't a positive thing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I guess I should be happy for you. Glad you are so satisfy with the 6-6 season, (That would’ve been 5-7 if not for the SEC officiating assist versus Georgia State). Happy with Harsin’s quarterback development (That was supposed to be so much better than Gus) happy with his recruiting. Then there is his spectacular playcalling! Especially his playcalling when games like Penn State and Alabama are on the line! Then there is his remarkable choice of assistant coaches. It is so obvious to see, this guy has it all together! Glad Y’all are so happy with our coaching hire!!

Has anybody told you that your attitude sucks? Your posts in this thread smell of weakness.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

With one coach fewer on the recruiting trail and no OC to talk to recruits, maybe this is a cause for concern. Not having an OC certainly isn't a positive thing.

We don't have one fewer on the trail.  We are allowed to use a substitute since there is a coaching vacancy, thus Trevon Reed has been doing recruiting as that guy.

As Golf mentioned, recruiting hasn't been hurt by not having an OC.  If anything, its gotten better since Bobo left.  Harsin is an offensive guy and recruits know the type of system that will be used.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We don't have one fewer on the trail.  We are allowed to use a substitute since there is a coaching vacancy, thus Trevon Reed has been doing recruiting as that guy.

As Golf mentioned, recruiting hasn't been hurt by not having an OC.  If anything, its gotten better since Bobo left.  Harsin is an offensive guy and recruits know the type of system that will be used.

Bet Trevon Reed is a great recruiter!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Young, charismatic, and loves Auburn more than almost any of us do. Solid gold. 

Great addition by Harsin. Another great move that strengthens the program.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Bet Trevon Reed is a great recruiter!!

Especially in Louisiana where there are a few recruits we are trying to flip from LSU.

• Like 1

Smh. Still on that? You guys really think only SECcoaches can coach? Or you have to be from the South to recruit? 

The greatest recruiter is wins. Win some games. Send some guys to the NFL. Recruiting is easy then. 

You first have to be able to coach. You then need guys that are relatable and energetic part of your staff. Last you have to really be invested in the kids. You have to care about what they do. You have to be invested in them and their well being. That's it. It's not hard at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Trovon for Bobo on the recruiting trail sounds like a good swap to me

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Smh. Still on that? You guys really think only SECcoaches can coach? Or you have to be from the South to recruit? 

The greatest recruiter is wins. Win some games. Send some guys to the NFL. Recruiting is easy then. 

You first have to be able to coach. You then need guys that are relatable and energetic part of your staff. Last you have to really be invested in the kids. You have to care about what they do. You have to be invested in them and their well being. That's it. It's not hard at all.

Someplace in there somewhere, someone must give you an opportunity. You don’t get that on your own.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Or you have to be from the South to recruit? 

I'm of the opinion that we do need *some* local recruiting connections and that in order to get those early wins, we'll need some early recruiting help. 

I agree that we're going to ultimately need the product on the field to sustain the program but I also think we need to get a little boost in recruiting in order for Harsin to even be able to do what he wants to do. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You first have to be able to coach

For whatever reason people don’t think this to be the case. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm of the opinion that we do need *some* local recruiting connections and that in order to get those early wins, we'll need some early recruiting help. 

I agree that we're going to ultimately need the product on the field to sustain the program but I also think we need to get a little boost in recruiting in order for Harsin to even be able to do what he wants to do. 

Well that was the frustrating thing of firing that wr coach. That hurt recruiting period. But a bunch of people applauded it. Coincidentally the same people asking about what's up with recruiting ironically enough. 

Add to that the way Gus and his staff didn't care too much about local recruiting and all the transfers and stuff. We have a bunch of ground to make up as far as earning trust, and rightfully so. I damn sure wouldn't right now.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

For whatever reason people don’t think this to be the case. 

Lol it's like some think all you need is to say hey I was a graduate assistant at an SEC school......come play for me! And that's how you be successful. 

I promise you if we had an o line coach that could say hey I have sent guys to the NFL consistently and some are playing right now that I coached up we would have some great o line prospectscommitted right now., and it wouldn't matter where he's from. 

Where we're at unfortunately is right now we have to do homework and get in the trenches and find the guys that has slipped thru the cracks for whatever reason and really coach them and groom them. We have to build a reputation. Guys have to build a track record of success to where kids will say, I know if I play for this guy and listen I can reach the highest level. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I know, I agree, tough to have an offensive coordinator on the recruiting trail, when you don’t have one.

War Eagle anyways! Hopefully, we both want what’s best for Auburn!

9 hours ago, Pat Fossum said:

Has anybody told you that your attitude sucks? Your posts in this thread smell of weakness.

No, you are the first one, but like the others, glad you’re so happy with Auburn’s current state of football affairs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I know, I agree, tough to have an offensive coordinator on the recruiting trail, when you don’t have one.

War Eagle anyways! Hopefully, we both want what’s best for Auburn!

God I'm gonna have so much fun trolling you when our recruiting class turns out to be just fine.

• Like 1