Harsin saying 6-6 is not a good first year.

autiger88

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha what was the guy supposed to say?? What a silly question to ask any competitor. 

He could have said it's a solid season 🤣 like a certain previous coach did. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I'm settling into acceptance. But recruiting has to pick up and the offensive stats have got to improve. Im eager to see how offensive team stats rate us after the Bama game is factored in. Prior to the Bama game we ranked 64th in total offense  By all metrics that's pretty terrible. 56th in total defense but I feel more hopeful there. There is no way to spin this and say it's been a good first year.  

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

I'm settling into acceptance. But recruiting has to pick up and the offensive stats have got to improve. Im eager to see how offensive team stats rate us after the Bama game is factored in. Prior to the Bama game we ranked 64th in total offense  By all metrics that's pretty terrible. 56th in total defense but I feel more hopeful there. There is no way to spin this and say it's been a good first year.  

but no one is trying to spin it as a good first year.  Harsin literally told MikeG 6-6 is not acceptable and this was not a good first year.

• Like 1

There are a lot of things about Harsin I like!!  He has several of the qualities you look for in a HC!   There are a few little questions I still have, but one huge glaring red flag, and that is recruiting!  If we don’t get exponentially better in recruiting, it will cancel out all of the good things.  And we’ll be looking for a new coach again in 3-4 years.   If we do start raking in top 10-15 classes (putting us probably 5th in the SEC), then watch out!!!   This will be a team competing for championships year in and year out.  

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

There are a lot of things about Harsin I like!!  He has several of the qualities you look for in a HC!   There are a few little questions I still have, but one huge glaring red flag, and that is recruiting!  If we don’t get exponentially better in recruiting, it will cancel out all of the good things.  And we’ll be looking for a new coach again in 3-4 years.   If we do start raking in top 10-15 classes (putting us probably 5th in the SEC), then watch out!!!   This will be a team competing for championships year in and year out.  

By the looks of what came out of yesterday, recruiting may be picking up rather quickly.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

By the looks of what came out of yesterday, recruiting may be picking up rather quickly.

One can hope so. Any tea leaves?

5 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Just alot of 4 and 5  star guys we are competing with Bama with that witnessed Jordan-Hare in an Instant Classic.  Seeing the stadium like that can have a huge impact on recruits not even beginning to look at the impact the actual game had on recruits in our favor.  Is what I am guessing he is referring too.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It just means more"....I hope HE now realizes this, if not go back to the west coast and we'll find someone who does....

39 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

From the recruiting forum, looks like Rhym is flipping and we now lead for Perry.

• Thanks 1

Unless you´re Vandy, 6-6 is not a good year. And it´s not just that we were 6-2 at one point until we lost four in a row. It´s the way we lost those four. An overall embarrassing performance at aTm followed by blowing leads in the next three games and snatching defeat from the jaw of victory. I still support Harsin. And yesterday, Mason proved to me he is capable of being a very good DC. But, on the other side, we had 159 yards of total offense-- who can you beat in this league with that? We might as well have run the Wildcat the whole game. Even if Bo comes back next year, which I think he will, we have some serious problems to address with our offense.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

From the recruiting forum, looks like Rhym is flipping and we now lead for Perry.

Would be a nice start. I don't believe it until they sign the dotted line.

I'm not doubting your information btw just how I feel about these kids.

Glad he said it. This team was an 8 or 9 win team, minimum. Coaches and returning players have to learn from it and get better. Everything it takes to do that has got to be the focus.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Take away the 3 cupcakes and it looks a little different.  Likewise, add those three to last year's totals and the season indeed looks much more solid than this one.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's not.

I think he did the best he could with the hand that was dealt.

Does he like it? Absolutely not. What competitor would?

As someone looking from the outside, I think it was about what we should've expected. There have been real strides taken in player development, mindset, and culture shift. I don't like 6-6 but, I like the direction I see and am willing to let it play out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, autiger88 said:

He could have said it's a solid season 🤣 like a certain previous coach did. 

That certain previous coach didn't have the luxury of playing Akron, Alabama State & Georgia State.  Take away those games from this year's win total and we are 3-6. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

That certain previous coach didn't have the luxury of playing Akron, Alabama State & Georgia State.  Take away those games from this year's win total and we are 3-6. 

Yet...we aren't 3-6 and have been afforded additional bowl practices. Funny how that works

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Glad to see you made it back Kristi.  How’s Orlando?  Been to Disneyland?  Thanks for coming in and giving your thoughts 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6