Bobo out as OC

Tony4AU

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Do people really just type?

yeah let’s me just leave Dak, Zeke and cooper to coach Bo, Tank and Kobe. Come on now 

You should see the Oklahoma coaching candidate articles. From PAID writers. "Top Candidate: Kliff Kingsbury". The guy is literally HC of the top seed in the NFC. Probably current odds on favorite to with the Super Bowl. And these people think he'd leave mid-season for a college job???

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Kid dominated higher ranked players than him.

Doesn't matter. Only stars matter.

Should have posted in yellow ...

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Wondering if it's Kiseau. Doubt Harsin takes over as OC. But probably had to make the play now while staffs are turning over and didn't want to lie to kids. Props to Hars for not playing around. 

I think Kiseau has done great with the WRs so far but don’t want him as OC. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

You should see the Oklahoma coaching candidate articles. From PAID writers. "Top Candidate: Kliff Kingsbury". The guy is literally HC of the top seed in the NFC. Probably current odds on favorite to with the Super Bowl. And these people think he'd leave mid-season for a college job???

He did refuse to comment on the situation.

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And the west gets tougher

Yep and Kelley is not afraid of the challenge......good hire..........if you're an LSU fan that is😂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Talent man.  ND averages about #13 or so for recruiting rankings.

LSU averages top 5.

Give Kelly equal or better talent and see how he does.

I don't disagree, but he did lose to Cincinnati.

Some imaginative speculation here... Some folks have said that we didn't give Napier a full interview b/c he didn't want coordinator hires dictated to him.  Just wondering if Bobo was part of the deal that Greene made to get approval on Harsin.  Remember that Steele was supposedly going to hire Bobo has his OC (according to rumor) which means that some higher up maybe wanted Bobo at AU for whatever reason.  Now that the 1st year with Bobo failed miserably and everybody could see how awful it was, Harsin is now free to make his own hire.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I know next to nothing about OCs, where they are, and their availability. Does anyone have some realistic replacement ideas and why?

20 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

BOOOOOOOM! 

That a boy CBH. I've been tough but this is basically all I've been asking for. Simple move but shows he isn't arrogant or in denial of offensive ineptitude like Gus.

didn't gus have a new oc almost every effing year? Nvm let's not even have this debate.. Good move harsin

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Some imaginative speculation here... Some folks have said that we didn't give Napier a full interview b/c he didn't want coordinator hires dictated to him.  Just wondering if Bobo was part of the deal that Greene made to get approval on Harsin.  Remember that Steele was supposedly going to hire Bobo has his OC (according to rumor) which means that some higher up maybe wanted Bobo at AU for whatever reason.  Now that the 1st year with Bobo failed miserably and everybody could see how awful it was, Harsin is now free to make his own hire.

tenor.gif?itemid=13036231

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Didn't happen that way. 

Like the decisiveness, harsin knows he can't have a year 2 with an offense that is as up and down as this. I think he realizes, he needs a oc that is going to take our other talent and mask deficiencies until we get the OL mess sorted out  

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

And THIS, folks, is what accountability looks like. 

HUGE for Harsin.

Didn't Harsin hire him? Its not like Harsin didn't know what kind of coach Bobo was. If firing him is Harsin showing accountability isn't hiring him an example of poor judgment? Bobo was never an unknown quantity. 

Edited by shabby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

We sure are paying a lot of money to guys not to coach.

Because we too often pay top dollar for something off the discount rack. 

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Because we too often pay top dollar for something off the discount rack. 

Another $2.6 million up a wild hog’s ass.  There must be a limit to that somewhere.  

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Briles Jr, Grimes, Wake Forrest guy, Tulsa guy, San Jose St guy...lots of good OCs out there...hire someone on the way up...no failed head coaches

It will be interesting to see what kind of offense we wind up with. Don’t know all these guys but I’m positive some of them don’t run a pro-style.