Bobo out as OC

Tony4AU

Matt Wells is a name that's out there. 

Apparently came to Ole Miss game as a guest of Harsin's after he was fired from Texas Tech. 

He was the Mountain West offensive cosch if the year 2x at Utah State

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Defiant said:

LSU on some drugs, pass on a Louisiana staple like Napier then go for a guy who hasn't even been or know the lay of the land in the State of Louisiana. Mind boggling...

Maybe it works out, but that's a strange, headscratcher hire for lswho.

I gotta believe this has been planned and a new OC and whatever coach will be named shortly.  Not something to do this close to NSD without a plan.

• Like 6

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

Maybe it works out, but that's a strange, headscratcher hire for lswho.

Why?  Look at his record everywhere he's been.  Dude can flat coach.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AUreo said:

CBarkley has $50M to burn and Tim Apple just attended the IB…$ shouldn’t be a problem.

Hopefully. Just know they had a certain coaching budget.

32 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

159 total yards of offense in the Iron Bowl. 22 yards rushing. But it wasn´t just this one game, there have been too many fundamental problems with this offense for most of the season, going back to the Penn State game. I think we have the talent to have a much better offense.

Kudos to Coach Harsin for making a change!

LOL... and in a similar IB... that's double the total output from the Punt Bama Punt game... if you can believe it.. but YES I am glad to see accountability WDE!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

LSU on some drugs, pass on a Louisiana staple like Napier then go for a guy who hasn't even been or know the lay of the land in the State of Louisiana. Mind boggling...

Guy with 3 years of success at Louisiana in the Sun Belt Conference vs. Brian Kelly who has five straight 10+ win seasons at Notre Dame? You serious? 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

LOL... and in a similar IB... that's double the total output from the Punt Bama Punt game... if you can believe it.. but YES I am glad to see accountability WDE!!

You are seriously making a comparison to a game 50 years ago?

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Guy with 3 years of success at Louisiana in the Sun Belt Conference vs. Brian Kelly who has five straight 10+ win seasons at Notre Dame? You serious? 

Notre Dame plays a joke schedule and gets crushed by any SEC team.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Can say the same about the Ragin’ Cajuns

edit: and only one of them can say they’ve been to National Championships/CFPs with a program that was on the ropes before he got there 

Edited by Taco

I personally hanged BoBo with three losses. I'm ok with the players losing almost all games, I guess- but not the coaches. Something tells me CBH feels the same way. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Talent man.  ND averages about #13 or so for recruiting rankings.

LSU averages top 5.

Give Kelly equal or better talent and see how he does.

Edited by Brad_ATX

Scapegoat. Bobo's part in the hybrid scheme was the successful part. This reminds me of when Gus would fire and get new OCs. Does anything really change? It's Harsin's offense since day one and will continue to be his offense.

• Haha 2

Its honestly not going to matter that much who Harsin hires at OC until he upgrades the talent at certain offensive positions. The straight up truth. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

And? Billy Napier hasn't proven s***. I never said that Brian Kelly was amazing, but he is a good coach and is considerably more proven. Brian Kelly also succeeded at Cincinatti long before Fickell. LSU recruits itself instate and Kelly has enough name-clout to pull in talent.

• Like 1

Just now, metafour said:

And? Billy Napier hasn't proven s***. I never said that Brian Kelly was amazing, but he is a good coach and is considerably more proven. Brian Kelly also succeeded at Cincinatti long before Fickell. LSU recruits itself instate and Kelly has enough name-clout to pull in talent.

Kelly also turned Central freaking Michigan from nothing into a conference champion before he went to Cincinnati.

• Like 1

Saw a good point on another site. Yes, losing Bobo could hurt with a few recruits, but a new OC coming in could also have guys that would come with him. Never know