New DLineman

LPTiger

5 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Jones, M'ba and Sledge.  6'6", 6'6", 6'4" and all 3 over 300 lbs.   Thank-you sweet little baby Jesus...

Merry Christmas to us.  All well over 300 too!   And I haven’t seen tape on the other two, but M’ba is ridiculously athletic!!!!   Our DL should be good and very deep on the interior.   If we continue to improve on the edge, we could have an outstanding DL!🤞

• Like 1

We have some D-Lineman in last years class That could really help this year everybody talks about Hunter but we had some other Okoli 6'5" 255 pounds and  a great athlete. Fairly new to the game is why not rated higher he has had a year to get stronger and faster and learn the game under Eason add Robinson and Brooks and we should have some red shirt Freshman ready to provide depth and talent to what is already a strong unit. We are bigger and stronger then this year with more depth. I hope we get to see some of these players during the bowl game.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We have some D-Lineman in last years class That could really help this year everybody talks about Hunter but we had some other Okoli 6'5" 255 pounds and  a great athlete. Fairly new to the game is why not rated higher he has had a year to get stronger and faster and learn the game under Eason add Robinson and Brooks and we should have some red shirt Freshman ready to provide depth and talent to what is already a strong unit. We are bigger and stronger then this year with more depth. I hope we get to see some of these players during the bowl game.

I hope so too + 1 dual threat QB. Actually, there are probably quite a few young players that would so love and appreciate the opportunity to hit a different color jersey and get down and dirty. Let it be so written!   Kick'em in the Butt Big Blue!  WDE

20 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Also Ian Matthews who might be a good candidate to be moved to OL.

17 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Also Ian Matthews who might be a good candidate to be moved to OL.

I think Wright may move...just heard it bounced around on a podcast...

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I believe its been said he's been with the OL during bowl practice. 

Some sites claiming the staff thinks he has high draft potential on the OL...which makes you wonder why he moved to DL under the old staff to begin with

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I believe its been said he's been with the OL during bowl practice. 

Some sites claiming the staff thinks he has high draft potential on the OL...which makes you wonder why he moved to DL under the old staff to begin with

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the previous coaching staff being in over their heads...

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Rednilla said:

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the previous coaching staff being in over their heads...

Their heads were high enough to have never had a losing season.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Their heads were high enough to have never had a losing season.

Id rather having a losing season, where every game is close and competitive than a perpetual 8-4 season where we are routinely embarrassed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3

Just now, bigbird said:

Id rather having a losing season, where every game is close and competitive than a perpetual 8-4 season where we are routinely embarrassed.

You may be on the way to getting your wish. Did you watch the MSU vs Texas Tech game? How did we manage to blow a 25 point lead and lose to MSU? 6-6 Texas Tech blew them out, 34-7.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You may be on the way to getting your wish. Did you watch the MSU vs Texas Tech game? How did we manage to blow a 25 point lead and lose to MSU? 6-6 Texas Tech blew them out, 34-7.

I didn't watch the MSU game against us. From what I've heard, it was a lot of bad from everywhere

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

We were a couple players away from being a 10-win team in year 1.

Gus was a couple players away from having a 6-win team in year 1.

The difference is in what they were left and the quality of QB they were able to get in the portal. That's about it. 

Even the clowns around here will realize that if they think about it for one half of one second, not that they'd ever admit it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We were a couple players away from being a 10-win team in year 1.

Gus was a couple players away from having a 6-win team in year 1.

The difference is in what they were left and the quality of QB they were able to get in the portal. That's about it. 

Even the clowns around here will realize that if they think about it for one half of one second, not that they'd ever admit it. 

I wanted to click laugh emoji, then I wanted to click the cry emoji.....and I can't click both...

Yesterday would have been an easy win if we had McCreary and Nix (maybe 24-14 or similar).  And yeah, several other games - it's easy to see.  

Everything starts in the trenches and OL takes the longest to develop.  As predictable as Auburn was under the old regime, I shudder to think how this season would have unfolded.  

We are probably 1-2 yrs away from seeing 'good' OL play at Auburn.  Whatever 'good' looks like. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

Mikey, I like your input on this site but have hard time understanding your justification for Gus’s mediocrity. Gus’s 2nd most talented team (2014) finished 8-5, losing 4 of their last 5, with the only win being against Samford. Harsin may not be the man, but we’re you this critical of Gus when we blew a  20 point lead to LSU IN 2017, or lost 30-24 AT HOME, to a 5-7 Tennessee team. Just picking a couple of colossal losses by Gus during his tenure 

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

Mikey, I like your input on this site but have hard time understanding your justification for Gus’s mediocrity. Gus’s 2nd most talented team (2014) finished 8-5, losing 4 of their last 5, with the only win being against Samford. Harsin may not be the man, but we’re you this critical of Gus when we blew a  20 point lead to LSU IN 2017, or lost 30-24 AT HOME, to a 5-7 Tennessee team. Just picking a couple of colossal losses by Gus during his tenure 

Probably not, the Tennessee game in particular was bad. However, we had so many others already bashing Gus that they hardly needed any more help. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not one to jump on a popular train just because all the cool kids are doing it. :)

Harsin may very well end up not being the coach to get Auburn over the hump. But you know what? He may be the coach that does it. Gus had plenty of opportunity to get Auburn over the hump. He couldn't do it. But he at least had the opportunity. I'm not understanding why Harsin isn't getting the opportunity from some people. But I have a guess.

I have had questions about Harsin and the product on field. I have also seen promise. One thing I know for certain is I will give him the opportunity to suceed or fail. What he does with it is on him. I also feel that some in the Auburn fanbase are being overly critical and I believe it is because of the pre-season COVID garbage. Notice that Auburn didn't forfeit any games and played in a bowl. Once someone makes up their mind though, not even God himself can change it. 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, jluvah said:

I am hoping Harsin is the man, but we blew a 25 lead , at home, to MSU. This was a colossal loss and epic meltdown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I am hoping Harsin is the man, but we blew a 25 lead , at home, to MSU. This was a colossal loss and epic meltdown.

Blame that one on Mason.  I know Harsin is the head coach but Mason blew that one by not putting pressure on the QB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

And that means Harsin isn’t the man? 

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

And that means Harsin isn’t the man? 

Unfortunately only another year or two will tell but some games this year don't look good on any coach's resume.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And many decisions during those games give grave doubt about his game time decisions.  I could list them but i hope you all could objectively consider things like throwing on first down at the opponents 46 with only 1:46 in the game and the opponent only having 2 time outs; going for it on 4th down with your best player on the sideline and you ahead on your own end of the field with 3 minutes left in the half and throwing a low percentage deep throw with a qb that cant throw it downfield in the ocean: going for two when down 9 with 2 minutes to go in the game when every rule in the book says kick the extra point to keep it a one score game because if you dont get the 2pt conversion the game is over there are others these are just the easy ones to point out. These are coaching decisions a high school head coach should always get right, he didnt.  This does not even take into account that he let his defensive coordinator rush 3 all night against PSU or stay in a clearly not working defense for over 2 quarters agaisnt MSU. ill stop for now but if the above does not give you grave concerns i dont know what will.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 9:42 AM, Beaker said:

I do not know anything about the specific two individuals mentioned above. However, when in a pinch, which we are definitely suffering through, every little ray of sunshine is appreciated. At least they both may have the attitude and maturity to be considered.

• Like 1