More bowl games bite the dust

SLAG-91

Military Bowl: Dismissed

Fenway Bowl: Yer OUT!

...and Miami, FL is out of the Tony The Tiger Sun Bowl.

Not Grrrrr-EAT. 😐

Maybe send SMU to El Paso? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

My gosh this is reaching a level of absurdity that is comical at this point

It's definitely a sign of the times.  I'm just not sure what it's more of an indictment of, College football or the US Govt. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

It's definitely a sign of the times.  I'm just not sure what it's more of an indictment of, College football or the US Govt. 

Hands down

• Like 2

Central Michigan subbing in for Miami, FL at the Sun Bowl.

Boise State Covid'ed themselves out of the Arizona Bowl, so it wasn't a big deal to send CMU a few hours east to El Paso from Tucson.

I figure Tony the Tiger sent the Arizona Bowl folks some scratch to make this happen.

I just saw today where last season, from opening week through the Super Bowl, the NFL had 262 positive tests. Fast forward to this season and the NFL has had over 400 positive tests.......just in December alone!!! Crazy!!!! And the NBA is as bad or worse this year. 

...and now the Holiday Bowl is, well, on holiday now.

NC State has both their baseball and football season ended by Covid...this one not nearly as unfortunate as the CWS, but unfortunate nonetheless.

15 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I just saw today where last season, from opening week through the Super Bowl, the NFL had 262 positive tests. Fast forward to this season and the NFL has had over 400 positive tests.......just in December alone!!! Crazy!!!! And the NBA is as bad or worse this year. 

Omicron is highly contagious.....more so than the other versions. And people have been very careless. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Omicron is highly contagious.....more so than the other versions. And people have been very careless. 

Tell that to Baker Mayfield.   

Just now, Jgarrett7 said:

Can’t live in a bubble forever 

Totally missing the point. ☹️   But I'm not going to bother trying to educate people anymore on this forum. My health care co-workers are like me....they have given up trying to get people to understand a public health disaster and how people could've cooperated even a little bit more and avoided so much heartache.

No one should be surprised by this because public health officials repeatedly warned that holiday gatherings would cause a huge rise in cases. At work this week we are overwhelmed with new cases but we knew it was coming because people don't listen. Omicron symptoms seem to be milder and that is the only thing that's helping since it is spreading like wildfire.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Because he tested positive with your highly contagious virus and his wife never tested positive.   

You don't understand viruses, immunity and obviously how that could happen. I know people who have had classic symptoms of COVID, been hospitalized for it, and still tested negative. It's not common but it is possible. Some people have a natural immunity to COVID, some had COVID but were asymptomatic and may have immunity now. There's several reasons for that happening. 

It's not "my" highly contagious virus dude. That's from the CDC and my local public health dept. 

22 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Totally missing the point. ☹️   But I'm not going to bother trying to educate people anymore on this forum. My health care co-workers are like me....they have given up trying to get people to understand a public health disaster and how people could've cooperated even a little bit more and avoided so much heartache.

No one should be surprised by this because public health officials repeatedly warned that holiday gatherings would cause a huge rise in cases. At work this week we are overwhelmed with new cases but we knew it was coming because people don't listen. Omicron symptoms seem to be milder and that is the only thing that's helping since it is spreading like wildfire.

You’re right if we’d all just get vaccinated and wear our masks... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As long as the sports leagues keep testing daily, nothing will change and there will always be a ton of players in Covid protocols. Over half of these athletes are asymptomatic but they've got to sit out 10 days. Funny how everybody fawns over Michael Jordan's "flu game" during the playoffs where he had a really high fever but still played. He collapsed into Scottie Pippen's arms from exhaustion and was sweating onto other players when his body came into contact with them. Everybody looks at him as a warrior who fought through the flu and got a playoff win but we're sitting guys for 10 days who are asymptomatic. And to top that, athletes have to sit and miss games if they were in contact with a person that tested positive. It's ridiculous!!! What if these leagues all tested daily for the common cold or for the flu? The athletes would be missing games until the end of time. That's where we are with all this Covid testing and protocols. Until they quit testing people EVERY damn day, then it will be the same vicious cycle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 7:54 PM, Tigerbelle said:

Interesting though, how it's not okay to have 22 players on the field because of Covid, but stadiums full of people watching the games are okay.

5 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

In the name of safety, why not just cancel the playoff games? Sorry bama and uga. :devil:

BTW, they did that with the NCAA tourney last year. 

It's still crazy to remember that there was actually a season in 2019-20--we got a College Gameday visit and all. 

Edited by AUwent

21 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Just a matter of time before these catch on (would also eliminate targeting penalties and concussions).... 

image.png

I can’t tell if those are the new universal school uniforms for public schools or the new helmets football players are required to use.