Pappoe Coming Back!!!

Paladin

On 1/2/2022 at 4:19 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Man this feels like it’ll play out like 2019 again if we don’t get a damn near generational QB + OL transfers. I don’t trust the offensive PCing much regardless, but I think they can be good enough to net 10 wins if we get above average OL play and a good QB

You say 2019 like it's a bad thing--we won 9 games including Oregon (who likely would've gotten in the playoff otherwise) and Turds. We should be ecstatic if we win 9 in 2022.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You say 2019 like it's a bad thing--we won 9 games including Oregon (who likely would've gotten in the playoff otherwise) and Turds. We should be ecstatic if we win 9 in 2022.

2019 was a massive disappointment bc you had a tier 1 defense and an offense that consistently failed them. No matter the expectations, experiencing that again would be aggravating for anyone, I'd hope 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

2019 was a massive disappointment bc you had a tier 1 defense and an offense that consistently failed them. No matter the expectations, experiencing that again would be aggravating for anyone, I'd hope 

Understandable. However, that was CGM's seventh year. Going 9-4 in CBH's second year would be cause for celebration.

Edited by AUwent

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Understandable. However, that was CGM's seventh year. Going 9-4 in CBH's second year would be cause for celebration.

I think you missed my point of mentioning 2019 lol. The record was the absolute last reason I made that comparison. But there's a space to say that 9-4 is going to have some folks disappointed. If it's 9-4, you have a top 10 defense, and you go out there and score 20 or less in the other 4 games, you're going to have disappointed folks. 

There's just no way to ignore context. Many people expected 6-8 wins this season, and when we got 6 wins, many people were disappointed. You see how context works?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think you missed my point of mentioning 2019 lol. The record was the absolute last reason I made that comparison. But there's a space to say that 9-4 is going to have some folks disappointed. If it's 9-4, you have a top 10 defense, and you go out there and score 20 or less in the other 4 games, you're going to have disappointed folks. 

There's just no way to ignore context. Many people expected 6-8 wins this season, and when we got 6 wins, many people were disappointed. You see how context works?

It's be one thing to say it'll be like 2021. But if you say you think an upcoming season will be like a past season, the record will from that past season will be the first thing that comes to mind.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That’s not context. That’s forgetting what their expectations were.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s not context. That’s forgetting what their expectations were.

Did I not speak to what the expectations were in the second half of that post??? It’s not going to be 1:1 because no two seasons are, but you guys do not know the average Auburn fan if you think that just because we had one bad season and had a fairly big loss of talent, means expectations might be muted. I see the pessimistic people expecting 7 wins again. It’s really the most favorable “road year” schedule we’ve had in quite some time

All that to say, I don’t think expectations, generally speaking, will be significantly lower than what they were 2019 preseason (in the absence of dramatically more attrition). If you had to measure by wins-losses, I’d assume 2 more losses?